Challenge Cup 2017-18

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad that's the colt teams gone. I agree with Hibee Jibbee that thank f**k its only in the challenge cup they testing the colts with seniors theory. Imagine they chucked them straight into the league. Hopefully more interest and positive crowds for the future rounds from now.  

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Then that was a decent turnout at the San Starko. I'd have thought before hand that there would have only been a few hundred there given the opposition.

The fans turned out to worship cup winning County GK coach Scott Thomson.

The bit of the discussion of the Colt Teams principle I caught on sportsound today was depressing.

There was a reserve league where greenhorn u-20s could mix it with hardened pros. Bring that back and all this colt team shit will fade away.

Too many bruised egos involved with the U-20 league which has been a complete failure.

Today's attendances as % of home league average in 2016-17. I must say the QotS turnout was impressive today and outnumbered the home fans.

v Republican Irish/Welsh
Elgin - 88%
Dumbarton - 43%

v levels above
Berwick - 145%

v own level
Peterhead - 105%

v levels below
Ayr - 48%
Dundee Utd - 26%

v "B" teams
Stranraer - 55%
Raith - 39%
St Mirren - 31%

Predictably, there's now Crusaders/Rangers fans on Twitter thinking fhey're not complete diddies after beating a youth team and Linfield scraping past a non-league team. What a grim existence. 

Farewell to Eire's entrants, their unveiling just a few weeks old... who despite their league's supposed European exploits and being 2/3 way through season, depart the cup after all of 7hrs 5mins involvement :lol:.

TNS, Wales' last hope, go tomorrow.

Sligo-Falkirk attendance?

Archived