Forfar Athletic 2017-18

21 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

The most concerning thing is we have just been knocked out of the Scottish League Cup by an under 20 side and it hardly registers a response on P&B.

Are our expectations so low  under Bollan , that we just accept this result as being the norm?

Think it probably says more for where the Challenge Cup is on the list of priorities for people.

In some ways Bollan had it hard with the League start of the 3 full time side in the League (with 2 hardest away from home). Personally I had no expectations last Saturday of a result and equally few this weekend but after that I think he is really going to have to get some results and performances.

Clear problem he has is neither Lister nor See will score goals that is plain to see, without a goalscorer we will be sunk no matter what we have in midfield or defence.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think it probably says more for where the Challenge Cup is on the list of priorities for people.

In some ways Bollan had it hard with the League start of the 3 full time side in the League (with 2 hardest away from home). Personally I had no expectations last Saturday of a result and equally few this weekend but after that I think he is really going to have to get some results and performances.

Clear problem he has is neither Lister nor See will score goals that is plain to see, without a goalscorer we will be sunk no matter what we have in midfield or defence.

Hilson was the last time we had an out and out goal scorer over a season.

Since then most of our goals have come from all over the pitch.

2 out of the 3 seasons saw us in promotion playoff places as a result and clearly the other saw us relegated.

57 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Hilson was the last time we had an out and out goal scorer over a season.

Since then most of our goals have come from all over the pitch.

2 out of the 3 seasons saw us in promotion playoff places as a result and clearly the other saw us relegated.

Agreed, but don't think the players brought in to replace Milne / Swankie / Denholm / Peters from last season will score anywhere near the goals they did.

Agreed, but don't think the players brought in to replace Milne / Swankie / Denholm / Peters from last season will score anywhere near the goals they did.

I completely agree with that.

Approximately 45 goals walked away from Station Park at the end of last season!

44 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I completely agree with that.

Approximately 45 goals walked away from Station Park at the end of last season!

Don't forget TOB - he scored more than Swanks last season.

Early days but Millar looks like he could match Milne or even DD at the moment. 

Don't forget TOB - he scored more than Swanks last season.
Early days but Millar looks like he could match Milne or even DD at the moment. 

TOB was in the tally, as was Foxy.
I'm expecting more than 1 goal for Travis' tally this season.

6 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

TOB was in the tally, as was Foxy.
I'm expecting more than 1 goal for Travis' tally this season.

ok - though you were just counting the bodies named in the earlier post.  It's closer to 60 goals walking away then (Josh 17, DD 14, Milne 10, TOB 8, Swanks 7 & Foxy 3)

ETA - you're probably looking at league goals....  ignore me.

ok - though you were just counting the bodies named in the earlier post.  It's closer to 60 goals walking away then (Josh 17, DD 14, Milne 10, TOB 8, Swanks 7 & Foxy 3)

ETA - you're probably looking at league goals....  ignore me.

I was.
Scary numbers nonetheless.

It actually confuses me how folk think the challenge cup is anything more than a mickey mouse cup, completely pointless.

A farce of a tournament, where U20's teams can play a couple over 20's players & Welsh,& Irish teams somehow come in to the competition in the latter stages.
Complete waste of time & ends up costing part time teams a fortune in having to travel midweek & then travelling to wales or ireland if they get an away tie in future rounds?

I see no benefit whatsoever in this tournament, the league cups a joke also, part time teams heading to full time clubs midweek and fans expect results!!

The league is where it matters in my opinion!

Agree however with the points that we are going to struggle for goals, would love to see a winger come in & Cox put up top, which is by far his best position as we seen throughout parts of last season.

Was never going to be easy to replace the likes of Denholm/TOB, but Bollan has brought in some excellent recruits for this season.
A couple more signings required and then I'll be happy with the squad.

2 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

It actually confuses me how folk think the challenge cup is anything more than a mickey mouse cup, completely pointless.

A farce of a tournament, where U20's teams can play a couple over 20's players & Welsh,& Irish teams somehow come in to the competition in the latter stages.
Complete waste of time & ends up costing part time teams a fortune in having to travel midweek & then travelling to wales or ireland if they get an away tie in future rounds?

I see no benefit whatsoever in this tournament, the league cups a joke also, part time teams heading to full time clubs midweek and fans expect results!!

The league is where it matters. . . 

Your manager obviously disagrees given the fact he played and RISKED his best available 11. 

He undoubtedly should have played the guys who he doesn't trust/rate to play in league games. 

I'm pretty sure the SFA or SPFL pick up the tab for travelling. Still a complete waste of money though.

8 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Agree with this, I don't expect much return from the full timers.

To be honest last night game against a youthful, fit and very well organised team was always gonna be difficult. Maybe some of our players thought it might be easier. How wrong they were.

2 top drawer goals in the first half, the first a rocket into the left of the net from 15 yards the other a superb deft chip over McCallum, saw us respond with bad temper and some bad tackles. Some poor performances, no names mentioned, but not great to watch.

Don't expect anything from RR  but stranger things happen.

On 8/16/2017 at 08:50, victormeldrew said:

The most concerning thing is we have just been knocked out of the Scottish League Cup by an under 20 side and it hardly registers a response on P&B.

Are our expectations so low  under Bollan , that we just accept this result as being the norm?

Is is better than a Junior side i feel...progression? :)

I guess if we hold last night's game against Bollan equally you have to take into account the good run last season (and decent gates versus Raith and TNS).

I don't, Challenge Cup means little, even less with Colts involved.

The Scottish Cup now, that's a different matter...

I guess if we hold last night's game against Bollan equally you have to take into account the good run last season (and decent gates versus Raith and TNS).
I don't, Challenge Cup means little, even less with Colts involved.
The Scottish Cup now, that's a different matter...

Surely the forfarshire cup #holders

So, are we agreed that Forfar's defeat on Tuesday night in the IRN-BRU CHALLENGE CUP is the worst  Cup result in the post war history of the Club?

The Official report calls the result DISAPPOINTING!

The report by TARMAC suggests we resorted to trying to kick the young lads off the park.

Top marks to the coaching team!

Archived