Fixtures

Kennie

The fixture list is riddled with such anomalies.

For example Yoker have 4 away games in their first 6 league fixtures, including 3 Saturdays away in a row.

It's just more of the same.

Put simply, the man is utterly out of his depth and hasn't got a clue how to schedule fixtures in a fair and balanced way, doing everything on bits of paper and complaining how difficult it is!

He's also apparently unaware that Glenafton (and possibly Girvan) will be involved in a First Preliminary Round tie of the "big" Scottish Cup on 12th August as he has them playing Lugar in the Ardagh on that date, which will HAVE to be changed (and Girvan vs Craigmark has to be regarded as provisional). Girvan and Glenafton's fixtures listed for 2nd September, when the Second Preliminary Round is played, may also need shifting.

At least with advance release of the fixtures clubs should have plenty of warning about their schedule, chaotic though it may be, and can hopefully get errors corrected. As for those runs of home or away fixtures ......

Why moan ? The clubs had a chance tae change n they bottled it.

Out of interest and seen as you're so clued up wae pollok which way did your club vote? Robertson or kennie Young? I'm sure you will know as you seem to huv all the answers .

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, theshed said:

1. Why moan ? The clubs had a chance tae change n they bottled it.

2. Out of interest and seen as you're so clued up wae pollok which way did your club vote? Robertson or kennie Young? I'm sure you will know as you seem to huv all the answers.

1. You've already made this idiotic comment on another thread and I replied to it there. Get a life!

2. It was a secret ballot so none of your f***ing business

1. You've already made this idiotic comment on another thread and I replied to it there. Get a life!
2. It was a secret ballot so none of your f***ing business

Why we you being so arrogant n aggressive . ?

I asked a simple question that was all . So it's all your opinion oan here and when someone wants to debate with you they're then told to get a life and stop being idiotic !!!

Could it be that pollock voted Robertson and you're seething ?

Why moan ? The clubs had a chance tae change n they bottled it.

Out of interest and seen as you're so clued up wae pollok which way did your club vote? Robertson or kennie Young? I'm sure you will know as you seem to huv all the answers .

Archie remember both Yoker and Clydebank both groundshare and this taken in to consideration.

2 hours ago, juventus said:

Archie remember both Yoker and Clydebank both groundshare and this taken in to consideration.

Good point, that is certainly a complication.

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Don't try and debate with him he will call you an idiot .

I don't believe I've called anyone an idiot recently. I HAVE referred to idiotic comments, not quite the same thing.

Clydebank and Yoker are both away from home on the 9th September

This sums Robertson up. The guy ain't got a clue. The seasons no even started n loads of clubs moaning about there fixtures. My club have 3 midweek sectional games then away 2 the league and Scottish winners some would moan but it gets ye nowhere cos some clubs don't want 2 progress so the junior game doesn't move forward n it's a shame cos there is some really good teams and grounds at this level but some smaller clubs holding the bigger clubs back.

Mon the papers

10 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

This sums Robertson up. The guy ain't got a clue. The seasons no even started n loads of clubs moaning about there fixtures. My club have 3 midweek sectional games then away 2 the league and Scottish winners some would moan but it gets ye nowhere cos some clubs don't want 2 progress so the junior game doesn't move forward n it's a shame cos there is some really good teams and grounds at this level but some smaller clubs holding the bigger clubs back.

Mon the papers

An old guy who doesn't even know how to switch on a pc is in charge of allocating fixtures! 

Shame on every club that voted for him.

55 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

A huge case of the tail wagging the dog at this level & we will never move forward whilst this situation persists

Ps the list of clubs I will not be spending money at from now on grows ever higher

A huge case of the tail wagging the dog at this level & we will never move forward whilst this situation persists
Ps the list of clubs I will not be spending money at from now on grows ever higher

Just watch yae don't get called idiotic fae the pollok snob for voicing this opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2017 at 22:40, archieb said:

He's also apparently unaware that Glenafton (and possibly Girvan) will be involved in a First Preliminary Round tie of the "big" Scottish Cup on 12th August as he has them playing Lugar in the Ardagh on that date, which will HAVE to be changed (and Girvan vs Craigmark has to be regarded as provisional). Girvan and Glenafton's fixtures listed for 2nd September, when the Second Preliminary Round is played, may also need shifting.

Glenafton v Lugar in the Ardagh has been moved to Monday 14th August so, barring a postponement or (heaven forefend) a replay, the Glenafton v Newton Stewart tie is taken care of.

On 2nd September, when Girvan are away to St Cuthbert's in the SFA Cup and Glenafton/Newton Stewart home to Golspie, BOTH Girvan and Glenafton are still shown playing home league games, vs Cumnock and Talbot, respectively.

Presumably if Glenafton defeat NS, that will be changed to a Talbot v Cumnock derby, either at Beechwood or Townhead. But why not change it NOW and give the home club adequate warning and time to plan for such a high-profile fixture? Too much like common sense?

22 minutes ago, archieb said:

Glenafton v Lugar in the Ardagh has been moved to Monday 14th August so, barring a postponement or (heaven forefend) a replay, the Glenafton v Newton Stewart tie is taken care of.

On 2nd September, when Girvan are away to St Cuthbert's in the SFA Cup and Glenafton/Newton Stewart home to Golspie, BOTH Girvan and Glenafton are still shown playing home league games, vs Cumnock and Talbot, respectively.

Presumably if Glenafton defeat NS, that will be changed to a Talbot v Cumnock derby, either at Beechwood or Townhead. But why not change it NOW and give the home club adequate warning and time to plan for such a high-profile fixture? Too much like common sense?

Talbot V Cumnock is already arranged for 14th Oct. If the 2nd Sept is rearranged to Cumnock V Talbot that will be both games played within the first 7 fixtures. I would rather be playing than not but this is not ideal

2 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Talbot V Cumnock is already arranged for 14th Oct. If the 2nd Sept is rearranged to Cumnock V Talbot that will be both games played within the first 7 fixtures. I would rather be playing than not but this is not ideal

Fair point.

The issue does illustrate the usual lack of joined-up thinking though, as the alternative means at least a third scheduled fixture needing to be changed.

These situations ought to be anticipated and avoided.

Talbot played Arthurlie twice in a month at the beginning of last season .

3 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Talbot played Arthurlie twice in a month at the beginning of last season .

Yes and that wasn't ideal either but Talbot wanted a game on the September weekend and Arthurlie were the only possible opponents but as I say I would rather have a game than not.

Archived