The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

13 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Giving up before a ball is kicked and the squad not complete. How very Elvis.

To be fair 'We won't make top six' is a far sunnier outlook than the usual 'we'll get relegated and concede 200 goals doing so' narrative.

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I’d say that Taylor is the ready made replacement for Shaughnessy, Henderson hardly figured and would be replaced by a youngster such as Taylor. Maybe just one player coming in to replace Tait / Small?

I reckon 3 new signings if Baccus stays - 2 forwards and a wing back (probably left sided)

We have no goals in the team / one new striker and who else? Grieve, Jamieson, offord I’d be astounded if The manager went with this for our opening games. I’d say he will want several in before window closes . 

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Hibs away first game then Dundee at home.

So that's nil points then?

Seriously though we started badly last season beaten to a crap Motherwell then Aberdeen, not helped by the sending off.

Opening day draw then beating Dee would put us 4 points better off. Come on lads, way to go!

Henderson about to be announced then C. M. Plus 2

43 minutes ago, McG said:

Another 6 figures……

I notice Norrie has posted without congratulating the club on the money they've made in the past two days.

He's quick enough to start greeting when an internet rumour about a transfer he perceives to be too low appears.:rolleyes:

On a totally unrelated topic...........

I used to be able to view Twitter feeds without signing in (because I don't have a Twitter account), but today I can't access any Twitter feeds?

Have they changed something?

Edited by FTOF

34 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

We have no goals in the team / one new striker and who else? Grieve, Jamieson, offord I’d be astounded if The manager went with this for our opening games. I’d say he will want several in before window closes . 

I’d be astounded too, hence why I said I think we’ll sign 2 forwards plus a wing back in my post that you’re replying to!

Edited by Captain_Sensible

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Giving up before a ball is kicked and the squad not complete. How very Elvis.

Where do i say we wont be top six in that post .

Just your interpretation so as you and that other fanny chapsticks can have a go at me.

Edited by elvis

6 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I’d be astounded too, hence why I said I think we’ll sign 2 forwards plus a wing back in my post that you’re replying to!

We need more than 3 players . That’s my point - and as for some of the young lads you propose promoting to play first team top flight football I’d say that’s unlikely too.

The Henderson move is best for all concerned.

Jay is at an age where he needs to be playing football. He's a talented young boy, but most likely wasn't going to be a regular for us.

County are getting a good young player and we are getting a decent development fee and freeing up another wage.

Similarly to Brophy, I hope he goes to County and does well.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

1 minute ago, Lowrie83 said:

You got 10k for him and a 10% sell on fee.

No we didn't. :lol: 

The compensation for him would have been around £100k.

So we'd be relying on County selling him for a million to make up what we are due. We will have knocked the £100k down a bit for the sell on but you've not grabbed him for £10k FFS. :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

We need more than 3 players . That’s my point - and as for some of the young lads you propose promoting to play first team top flight football I’d say that’s unlikely too.

What else do we need other than the 3 positions I’ve suggested?

I suggested 1 young lad being promoted to replace another young lad who never started a game for us last season 

Just now, Captain_Sensible said:

What else do we need other than the 3 positions I’ve suggested?

I suggested 1 young lad being promoted to replace another young lad who never started a game for us last season 

2 forwards, CB, LB, Baccus replacement and possibly another GK, is the minimum

38 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Believe the club are actively trying to recruit to replace Shaughnessy as we're still a CB down on numbers from last season.

12 minutes ago, medals said:

2 forwards, CB, LB, Baccus replacement and possibly another GK, is the minimum

I asked “other than the 3 positions I’ve suggested” and my original post assumed Baccus was staying

So that leaves a CB and possibly another keeper

We certainly don’t need another CB, we’ve got 4 out and out CB’s already plus Gogic and young Kenny.