The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

20 hours ago, medals said:

So he is in the area seeing his family and wanted to catch our game too while he has time away over the festive period. What's not clear? (Dalry boy)

What’s not clear is that you posted “in the area to see his family” in response to my post asking how he was doing at Crystal Palace. 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Torfason said:

Growing up very near Kilmarnock and playing for Killie probably makes games against them harder for him. 

I'm sure he will bounce back. 

Sadly I think he now regrets the day he thought it was a good idea to be Billy Bigbaws with Tommy Wright. Ushered out the door. His mistake and a loss to both himself and the team he supports. 

I'd prefer Kiltie playing behind 2 strikers in between the lines than currently competing with Tanser for crosses coming in from the left wing. Where he plays just now is not to his strengths; he gets in Tanser's way and gives Tanser less troom to work in when Kiltie goes wide left. Playing behind 2 strikers gives us more bodies in and around the box and allows Kiltie ro be in shooting positions. Change this 343 to 3412 would be a improvement imho. 343 is no longer working.

7 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Fair due but not much better or worst than what we have. 

Shame we couldn't have dodged a few more bullet with what we have. 

We've got strikers befitting our club's stature. You should be used to it by now. It's pie in the sky to think we'd secure better strikers.

Even if we did, they'd be off after a season.

If we take the arse cheeks out of the equation, and even then theirs are hardly scintillating, other than Shankland and Miovski, there are no really good out and out strikers in Scotland.

We weren't really complaining about our strikers at the start of the season as they were performing quite well. However, that's when the team were also playing well.

As a support we really do moan a lot.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We've got strikers befitting our club's stature. You should be used to it by now. It's pie in the sky to think we'd secure better strikers.

Even if we did, they'd be off after a season.

If we take the arse cheeks out of the equation, and even then theirs are hardly scintillating, other than Shankland and Miovski, there are no really good out and out strikers in Scotland.

We weren't really complaining about our strikers at the start of the season as they were performing quite well. However, that's when the team were also playing well.

As a support we really do moan a lot.:lol:

Name me a support that doesn't moan when their team are playing crap ?  

47 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Name me a support that doesn't moan when their team are playing crap ?  

We've got certain posters that delight in picking fault with the team even when we're playing well.:whistle

Of course supporters moan when their team isn't performing as well as expected. However, maybe some of ours should keep it in perspective.