The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

The result last night with Aberdeen and Motherwell was a great result for us. It kind of neutralised both those teams giving us a bit of a cushion. 

8 games left before split. 24 points on the table. Ultimately, the next 3 matches are critical. Win these and we have got a great shot to challenge for 4th. 

1 hour ago, zildjian said:

The result last night with Aberdeen and Motherwell was a great result for us. It kind of neutralised both those teams giving us a bit of a cushion. 

8 games left before split. 24 points on the table. Ultimately, the next 3 matches are critical. Win these and we have got a great shot to challenge for 4th. 

Even 6 or 7 pts from our next 3 wouldn't be a disaster. 

4 hours ago, houston_bud said:

It's always difficult to go on a decent winning run in the top flight. An injury or suspension here and there and the momentum gets lost. Our next three games are absolutely winnable, but we've also dropped points to all those teams this season - losing to St Johnstone and County. 

I'm fairly confident that top 6 is sewn up now, the teams below us are all taking points off each other. It would be nice to get a few wins and really push on to finish fourth.

You are definitely right with how difficult it is to go on a winning run. I don’t know about you but I very rarely put money on Kilmarnock to win as I don’t think there is much between all the relevant teams, even including the Jambos. Hearts should beat Livingston 9 times out of 10 but I doubt if their record against them is anywhere near that.

In our current run we haven’t been amazing and haven’t had great winning runs but we’ve had a great record of avoiding defeats and, with winning runs hard to come by, going on those long runs of avoiding defeat is important (appreciate that is the most obvious statement ever).

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

You are definitely right with how difficult it is to go on a winning run. I don’t know about you but I very rarely put money on Kilmarnock to win as I don’t think there is much between all the relevant teams, even including the Jambos. Hearts should beat Livingston 9 times out of 10 but I doubt if their record against them is anywhere near that.

In our current run we haven’t been amazing and haven’t had great winning runs but we’ve had a great record of avoiding defeats and, with winning runs hard to come by, going on those long runs of avoiding defeat is important (appreciate that is the most obvious statement ever).

Agreed as long as there are a few wins sprinkled in there too.

Too many draws has been a big downfall of ours in the past. 

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I would still settle for draws in our away games . 

I just don’t get that mentality when we’ve already won away at Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs x 2. We’ve proven we can win at difficult venues. Why would you settle for draws. Mental. 
We have accumulated 14 points in away games this season, none of which were against Celtic or Rangers.
If we’d drawn all our away games outwith the Old Firm ones we’d have accumulated 10 points. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, Munoz said:

Even 6 or 7 pts from our next 3 wouldn't be a disaster. 

7 points from next 3 would be absolutely phenomenal as it would see us on a 5 game undefeated streak and a total of 13 points from last 15 available which would have exceeded almost everyone's wildest expectations.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

7 points from next 3 would be absolutely phenomenal as it would see us on a 5 game undefeated streak and a total of 13 points from last 15 available which would have exceeded almost everyone's wildest expectations.

If we end up with 7 points from the 3 games will I be happy? Yes. But I wouldn’t settle for 7 points i.e. if you offered me them now would I take them? No. Not for 3 totally winnable games. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

If we end up with 7 points from the 3 games will I be happy? Yes. But I wouldn’t settle for 7 points i.e. if you offered me them now would I take them? No. Not for 3 totally winnable games. 

Make no mistake, Saturday will be potentially a more difficult game than the Hibs match - on plastic against a team fighting for their lives. We've all seen this movie many times before. We've done better this season against mid table sides than those at the bottom.

I'd be delighted with 7 points from the next 3 matches.

9 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In a league as cutthroat as ours and given our own history of inconsistency in the league, I don't think there is any plausible scenario or run of three matches where you could offer me two wins and a draw and I wouldn't gleefully snap your hand off in taking it.

Even against the three bottom clubs in the league, all of whom have caused us problems this season already.

Hi all, just after a bit of advice, if you can help. I collect rare 80s and 90s shirts and have the chance to get this St Mirren stunner from 96-97.

It's a size large, seems to be in superb condition and I was just wondering what the rarity and value of it would be as I don't want to be paying over the odds. Cheers

St Mirren 96-97 L .jpeg

St Mirren 96-97 L 4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Hi all, just after a bit of advice, if you can help. I collect rare 80s and 90s shirts and have the chance to get this St Mirren stunner from 96-97.

It's a size large, seems to be in superb condition and I was just wondering what the rarity and value of it would be as I don't want to be paying over the odds. Cheers

St Mirren 96-97 L .jpeg

St Mirren 96-97 L 4.jpeg

Can’t give advice on price or how rare it is but I have the away version which is black with the white stripe and I think it looks great. 

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Tomorrow is a must-win for the Buddies.

No ifs. No buts. No defeat. No draw.

Just 3 points.

Non-negotiable.

I hope we win, OBVIOUSLY...  but we could get gubbed 5 0 and still finish 4th. 

It's just 3 points. 

A long way to go.