The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, tam the bud said:

I can remember wee Billy sorting out Souness after he had signed for the blub mob. 

Great wee player who deserved a lot more reward out of the game.

At the 1st league home game of the season, hopefully a min applause will be held for him  🥺

Classic. Souness was a sub , and Aber gave D Cooper a bad one. Souness said "Ibrox Abercromby , wait till Ibrox" and Aber replied , "Get yourself on here now , never mind Ibrox" ! 🤣

48 minutes ago, billyg said:

Classic. Souness was a sub , and Aber gave D Cooper a bad one. Souness said "Ibrox Abercromby , wait till Ibrox" and Aber replied , "Get yourself on here now , never mind Ibrox" ! 🤣

That’s the Aber I remember, he had absolutely no fear of any one in the game, even guys like Souness with his big hard man reputation.

It has to be said that away from the game he was a total gent. 
I hope the club honour his memory with a fitting tribute in the new season.

55 minutes ago, billyg said:

Was this not Aber taking retribution on Cooper for some disgraceful comments towards Fitzy that occurred in a previous game?

The first home game will be the Conference League game which is fitting, we’ll give him a good send off. 
Met him once when he was in a particular low and was so pleased he was doing some hospitality work and had been back at the club.

RIP Aber 

Edited by Lola montez

7 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

One of those Unseeded teams for us. 

Screenshot_20240619_083217_com.android.chrome_edit_536233952253072.jpg

Brann or Hacken will be tough, but good away trips. Probably favourites in the other games, would prefer avoiding a trip to Albania though.

27 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

Draw confirmed to be 1pm UK time too. 

Yes, as you previously stated. It turns out you just can’t trust Everything Scotland’s ability to understand international time zones, eh? 😉

Edited by Eddie Hitler

30 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Brann or Hacken will be tough, but good away trips. Probably favourites in the other games, would prefer avoiding a trip to Albania though.

Agree with your assessment. The Nordic teams would be tricky but possibly the best trips. Maybe Valur can sneak through….

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Agree with your assessment. The Nordic teams would be tricky but possibly the best trips. Maybe Valur can sneak through….

Its strange they have the Scandinavian teams unseeded yet teams from Andorra and the like seeded. No idea how they work it out.

11 minutes ago, Leeds Saint said:

Am I missing something here? There are 6 seeded sides/ties and only 5 unseeded.

Us

Copenhagen 

Escaldes or F91

Go Ahead Eagles

Auda or B36

Edited by saintmurn

6 minutes ago, saintmurn said:

Us

Copenhagen 

Escaldes or F91

Go Ahead Eagles

Auda or B36

Sorry mate, you beat me to it while I was still double checking, cos I read it wrong the first time as well

Other thing we need to watch is the capacity at some grounds - Cliftonville is only 3000, Valur only 1600. We might all struggle to get tickets, so for that reason my preference would be Brann or Hacken, even if it means we get papped out.

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Other thing we need to watch is the capacity at some grounds - Cliftonville is only 3000, Valur only 1600. We might all struggle to get tickets, so for that reason my preference would be Brann or Hacken, even if it means we get papped out.

Hacken would also be terrible for tickets. Ground only holds about 6000 (so maybe 800 tickets at most I think) and we wouldn't be favourites. 

Edited by Turkmenbashi