The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

We really don't know that at this stage. This is pure conjecture until we see how the crowd is come Thursday. Saints fans might have bought hundreds or a couple of dozen. 

Exactly. Folk jumping to silly conclusions. 

Just now, SaintSamuel said:

What difference does it make? Can you imagine the outrage if the shoe was on the other foot and an away side bought up tickets for our home end thus depriving Saints fans of a seat? We’d rightly be furious. 

I take it you’re no goin’ naw?

1 minute ago, SaintSamuel said:

What difference does it make? Can you imagine the outrage if the shoe was on the other foot and an away side bought up tickets for our home end thus depriving Saints fans of a seat? We’d rightly be furious. 

But we don't know any home fans have been deprived. You are jumping to that conclusion with zero evidence. Wait and see come Thursday 

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

But we don't know any home fans have been deprived. You are jumping to that conclusion with zero evidence. Wait and see come Thursday 

I saw the link this morning but decided against it - if, in a couple of days, there were still tickets left  I'd have reckoned the interest from home fans wasn't great and bought them, but I don't agree with buying tickets for the home end if this will deprive genuine Valur fans the opportunity to go.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I saw the link this morning but decided against it - if, in a couple of days, there were still tickets left  I'd have reckoned the interest from home fans wasn't great and bought them, but I don't agree with buying tickets for the home end if this will deprive genuine Valur fans the opportunity to go.

Well I might take some comfort from the fact that they were “genuine Valur fans” who couldnae be bothered turning up for their last match. Stand was half empty.

Looking at the footage of their previous home ties through the years, they've never come anywhere near to selling out that stand. Even against Dinamo Zagreb the two middle sections were nearly empty.

Makes me wonder if it's actually sold out or if they've just stopped sales.

1 hour ago, SaintSamuel said:

We can’t ever again moan about OF buying up home tickets. In fact, the behaviour of our support is arguably worse. Generally OF fans aren’t taking tickets away from loyal home fans. We’ve scooped up tickets in the home end that means fans of the home side will be missing out on a European tie. 

And you were so outraged that you decided to create an account on here……..

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As Oscar Wilde once said….the only way to resist a temptation is to yield to it……or something like that. 

You don’t hawf talk some pish. 

14 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well I might take some comfort from the fact that they were “genuine Valur fans” who couldnae be bothered turning up for their last match. Stand was half empty.

Being genuine when I say this is one of the most "Old Firm-y" posts I've ever read on here.

Agree the whole scenario is playing out that way too.

- buy tickets for home end when you're playing away

- plan on not hiding allegiance and getting a group of you huddled together in the home end and being boisterous 

- say its fine and mock your smaller opponents because "the home support never fills the stadium anyway"

It's reeking tbh.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

- say its fine and mock your smaller opponents because "the home support never fills the stadium anyway"

It's what we say about St Johnstone, so perhaps you have a point.