The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

7 minutes ago, Jersey Bud said:

Those who have waited until they secured a ticket before booking flights might be in for a shock.

Can still go Edinburgh > Dusseldorf > Bergen for well under £200 although didn't look at return flights 

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You're place in the ticket site remains for 10 mins AFTER you enter via the queue. Logged on at 12.50, entered the ticket site at 12.54 and just kept refreshing until the tickets appeared at 13.01. It's pretty standard with these "pre entry" queue systems. 

What if you'd got in immediately and the tickets didn't go on sale until 1.00 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What if you'd got in immediately and the tickets didn't go on sale until 1.00 🤣🤣

That was nigh on impossible as the wait time was there from about 12.30 but yes that would screw you

People usually want to come hame tae! 🤣

Just looked direct to Newcastle (our route) Sat afternoon still under 200 can go via London cheaper but sod being up at silly o'clock.  Prices have barely moved all week.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Just looked direct to Newcastle (our route) Sat afternoon still under 200 can go via London cheaper but sod being up at silly o'clock.  Prices have barely moved all week.

I get why some people would choose to wait, but it never even occurred to me to wait. Suppose it's the risk you take for direct, well priced flights from Gatwick. Ours were gone within a couple of hours of the match finishing last Thursday.

I booked ours at 3-0 and when the penalty went in I thought.....don't you f**kin dare St. Murn!!! 🤣

I get why some people would choose to wait, but it never even occurred to me to wait. Suppose it's the risk you take for direct, well priced flights from Gatwick. Ours were gone within a couple of hours of the match finishing last Thursday.

I booked ours at 3-0 and when the penalty went in I thought.....don't you f**kin dare St. Murn!!! 🤣

I also suspect a few bought today and are waiting until the 1st leg to decide to travel. I don't get that personally but if we lose the game tomorrow night I think a few folk might decide not to go ie waiting until Thu night / Fri to book flights and accommodation. 

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

I also suspect a few bought today and are waiting until the 1st leg to decide to travel. I don't get that personally but if we lose the game tomorrow night I think a few folk might decide not to go ie waiting until Thu night / Fri to book flights and accommodation. 

Definitely. Especially folk who have booked reasonably cheap flights and cancellable hotels. Especially given the spendies required when you get there. I'll be going regardless, but would definitely forgive folk for thinking f**k that!

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I couldn't quite make out what he was saying , but he did say a number of weeks , and that it was similar to last seasons ?

Skipper Mark O’Hara will miss the game against Brann with a thigh injury that Robinson says will keep him out for "a few weeks".

The midfielder scored in the 4-1 qualifying win over Valur last week but missed the home win against Hibs.

"Against Valur he was excellent, back to his best. I believe the system we played suits him better than the system we played last year - it was a real captain's performance," said Robinson.

"When your captain is out and the squad is as small as ours, you miss everybody, but we have other players to come in. We have five or six midfielders in the building so there is a real scramble for places."

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

there were people buying away tickets who don’t actually have flights to norway yet

tickletless fans with flights should keep an eye on social media for resales from them 

That’s what I’m hoping for, but I’m only on this site. Don’t do facecloth or twatter 

1 hour ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

My son logged on and bought his ticket just after half 9 yesterday 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

You're place in the ticket site remains for 10 mins AFTER you enter via the queue. Logged on at 12.50, entered the ticket site at 12.54 and just kept refreshing until the tickets appeared at 13.01. It's pretty standard with these "pre entry" queue systems. 

1 hour ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

My son logged on and bought his ticket just after half 9 yesterday 

You can just tell I have not used that system before...😂 

13 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

You can just tell I have not used that system before...😂 

You still managed to get seats in the west stand, denying your wee brother his rightful place.:P