The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

On 18/09/2024 at 17:58, Stan Bo said:

I think the fact Taylor has barely played 90 minutes and subbed off after less than an hour on Saturday when we didn't have Iacovitti means it's more option 2 

Definitely. I think it was evident when we shuffled the pack at the back on Saturday it seemed to weaken our play with Fraser in to Taylors left position and Rooney moving into the back 3.

Edited by smellthepaw

2 hours ago, medals said:

How we gonna spends our extra £1.6 million?

If I had to guess, it's already been accounted for and spent.

It was for Celtic qualifying for the Champions League and seeing as they went straight in without  a qualification round, that money was pretty much guaranteed from the start.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Still loads of tickets available for tomorrow’s game.

We’re definitely not selling like we were last season.

Hearts home games last season were 7537 and 7740 (our biggest attendance of the season). This game is shaping up to be nothing like that (and that’s even assuming Hearts have sold their allocation which I don’t know they have). 

It doesn't look that empty on the seat selector. Just small patches for each stand.

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 11.41.09.png

26 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I thought the home gate against Killie was very healthy so I don't see your substantial drop in gate numbers . 

Crowd at the Killie game on Saturday was 600 down on the home game against them last season.

That can be partially mitigated by the fact that Killie didn’t sell out on Saturday whereas I think they did last season 👍

35 minutes ago, Ric said:

If I had to guess, it's already been accounted for and spent.

It was for Celtic qualifying for the Champions League and seeing as they went straight in without  a qualification round, that money was pretty much guaranteed from the start.

No. Some of it was expected but I believe the bigger chunk about 950k is being given earlier than had been expected.

In addition, I'm not sure we went forward this season with a greatly increased budget to the tune of anything near 650k.

7 minutes ago, medals said:

No. Some of it was expected but I believe the bigger chunk about 950k is being given earlier than had been expected.

Whether it's paid now or later, doesn't really matter to the point I'm making, as (imo) it's already been accounted for and either spent or allocated.

It's not a small amount of money, I cannot imagine the bean counters not factoring it in from the start.

52 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

It doesn't look that empty on the seat selector. Just small patches for each stand.

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 11.41.09.png

Yeah, I can’t be arsed doing it (🤣) but I think if you add up those dots it’ll come to a good few hundred. 
Hopefully we’ll still top the 7k mark, but I think we’ll still be a good bit down on last season.