The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Guest Moomintroll
Trialists don't even exist on Google. Which is never a good sign. [emoji23]
Tbf, given they cant spell Louis Longridges name right, there may be another few mistooks on there.

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
Trialists don't even exist on Google. Which is never a good sign. emoji23.png

Tbf, given they cant spell Louis Longridges name right, there may be another few mistooks on there.

Yeah. What we CAN see appears to be collection of nobodies released from French 2nd and 3rd league sides. 

That plan can get right in the fucking sea. Why do we always waste our time on this shite?! 

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah. What we CAN see appears to be collection of nobodies released from French 2nd and 3rd league sides. 

That plan can get right in the fucking sea. Why do we always waste our time on this shite?! 

Because we have an idiot in charge of recruitment. 

Because we have an idiot in charge of recruitment. 

The same idiot that recruited Hladky and Popescu in Jan?

Trialists are trialists. We won’t sign most of them but why not have a look. Djorkaeff seems to be the pick of the bunch and if one of them works out it’s been a successful operation.

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

The same idiot that recruited Hladky and Popescu in Jan?

Trialists are trialists. We won’t sign most of them but why not have a look. Djorkaeff seems to be the pick of the bunch and if one of them works out it’s been a successful operation.

No he didn't.  In fact he wanted nothing to do with Hladky and Popescu.  He thought they weren't up to it. 

Your beloved Gus is not what he seems.

No he didn't.  In fact he wanted nothing to do with Hladky and Popescu.  He thought they weren't up to it. 
Your beloved Gus is not what he seems.

Got a source for that?

Are the bad players cause of him and the good ones nothing to do with him?

Some ‘head of recruitment’ if we signed two players that ‘he wanted nothing to do with’ 🤣

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

Got a source for that?

Are the bad players cause of him and the good ones nothing to do with him?

Some ‘head of recruitment’ if we signed two players that ‘he wanted nothing to do with’ 🤣

Yes.

Yes.

Oran Kearneys decision. 

Yes.
Yes.
Oran Kearneys decision. 

What source? The same one as demented zebra...?

That is some level of bitterness you got there 🤣

So he’s not in charge of recruitment then - as you just said he was?

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Levels of bitterness is something you are known for (tick tock Jack Ross and Anti Kearney) 

Gus is in the job because he's Gordon's mate. 

Levels of bitterness is something you are known for (tick tock Jack Ross and Anti Kearney) 
Gus is in the job because he's Gordon's mate. 

So is he in charge of recruitment or not?

You are saying he’s in charge of recruitment hence trialists. But he’s not in charge of recruitment when it comes to actual signings...?

[emoji848]

Gus record with us speaks for itself. Took up us from the bottom half of the second tier to an established top flight side. What a job he did.

12 minutes ago, Lex said:

Budget issues if true it will come up when account's come out. Oran felt we would be weaker this season. Oran's  targets  were way beyond our budget in fact it came as a shock to him. Time will tell until then I will handle the abuse. 

Budget issues if true it will come up when account's come out. Oran felt we would be weaker this season. Oran's  targets  were way beyond our budget in fact it came as a shock to him. Time will tell until then I will handle the abuse. 

Didn’t you say earlier you got it wrong?

10 minutes ago, Lex said:

Didn’t you say earlier you got it wrong?

Which a post followed up by Scott's version contradicts Oran's version. I.m told there was a fall out regarding this season's budget Oran felt we could not be competitive with the budget on offer or get who he wanted to bring to the club to move forward. Believe that or not . Nothing  to do with travelling.  As I wrote time will tell priority should be to support Jim Goodwin. 

I’m not in the least bit bothered about pre season friendly games. But I am concerned that Goodwin spoke about signing 4 or 5 players. We need a minimum 7 players. If we don’t replace the likes of Popescu Muzek McAlister Dreyer Nazon and Jackson with either similar quality or better, then that’s a big concern.

19 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m not in the least bit bothered about pre season friendly games. But I am concerned that Goodwin spoke about signing 4 or 5 players. We need a minimum 7 players. If we don’t replace the likes of Popescu Muzek McAlister Dreyer Nazon and Jackson with either similar quality or better, then that’s a big concern.

Spot on. 

24 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

He said at least 4 or 5 players