The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

5 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

What'll happen if you go down because of a two goal difference?  One more thing.  Do you mind if I sit in on this just for enjoyment? 

It's certainly not unknown for teams to go down on such slim goal difference margins, but I'll be honest with you if we are within 1 goal difference of Hamilton this season then we deserve relegation! ;)

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I suppose we could always argue that these rules weren't in place at the start of the season and go to the top judges in the land, whilst crying floods of salty tears on the way.

Oops! Forgot some pathetic cunts had already tried that and failed magnificently.:rolleyes:

Well played.  

4 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

What'll happen if you go down because of a two goal difference?  One more thing.  Do you mind if I sit in on this just for enjoyment? 

Then heads should roll at the club. Not one usually for making scapegoats or examples of people but this is hugely damaging and potentially far reaching.

A person, or people have been either neglectful or incompetent enough to allow it to get to this stage. It has already cost us revenue in PPV receipts and potentially left us open to partial season ticket refunds.

The potential cost of another breach and relegation would be a hammer blow. In my mind, it should be investigated fully as although people catching Covid isn't always going to be avoidable, keeping measures in place to restrict it is paramount and clearly hasn't been bothered about.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Then heads should roll at the club. Not one usually for making scapegoats or examples of people but this is hugely damaging and potentially far reaching.

A person, or people have been either neglectful or incompetent enough to allow it to get to this stage. It has already cost us revenue in PPV receipts and potentially left us open to partial season ticket refunds.

The potential cost of another breach and relegation would be a hammer blow. In my mind, it should be investigated fully as although people catching Covid isn't always going to be avoidable, keeping measures in place to restrict it is paramount and clearly hasn't been bothered about.

I posted to sort of joke about the unfairness of getting relegated that way, but your reply deserves more respect than that. 

3 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Fair play to the St. Mirren fans taking this with some humility and probably better than I would. Hats off to you all

I think most of us feel that although we thoroughly deserve to be punished, as our club has displayed an astounding level of incompetence, we feel a bit hard done to, as we know that certain clubs in our position would never have been punished with two 0-3 defeats.

Nothing unusual in that though, so we go on.

10 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

I posted to sort of joke about the unfairness of getting relegated that way, but your reply deserves more respect than that. 

Honestly, if it happens and goes down that way, then I reckon more Saints fans will be looking inward at folk within the club for answers and explanations than outwards for a scapegoat.

End of the day, we still have 24 games left and despite conceding 6 goals today, still haven't dropped to the bottom of the league, so nothing is lost. We had the 3rd best defensive record in the league before Covid banged 6 in against us today ;) despite a fuckload of upheaval in those defensive positions with a lot of chopping and changing.

I'd like to think that meanness at the back won't change....we'll still hopefully hold together defensively but we need to become savvy up top - if we do, we'll not be involved for too long. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Ric said:

No, I just won't be making the joke that we're having "bad luck" due to a virus killing tens of thousands of people.

As I said, I took it as you trying a bit of light hearted banter and your somewhat defensive reply shows you know it was not in great taste too. So we're all good.

I don’t think choosing not to follow the rules is simply “bad luck” but nice try.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

I don’t think choosing not to follow the rules is simply “bad luck” but nice try.

Your reply only underlines your unease at being pulled up about a questionable turn of phrase, and I'm not the only person who thought that. All in all, the prudent move would be to move on.

15 minutes ago, Ric said:

Your reply only underlines your unease at being pulled up about a questionable turn of phrase, and I'm not the only person who thought that. All in all, the prudent move would be to move on.

Your reply only confirms to me that you realise you are trying to point score over 60,000 Covid deaths which is pretty dreadful. We should move on.

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Tbf you've got a point.

Two of our players disregarding the rules, thankfully the club found out before they could mix with the squad. Only players punished. 

celtic playing a player who should have been in isolation.  Slap on the wrists.

Sheep players out on the bevvy, slap on the wrists.

The spfl aren't being very consistent here.

You're conflating the misdemeanors of individuals with clubs knowingly disregarding the rules. It's really not that complicated.

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Your reply only confirms to me that you realise you are trying to point score over 60,000 Covid deaths which is pretty dreadful. We should move on.

flat,128x128,075,f-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jp

Deary me, you really have scraped the barrel there buddy. I said at the start I was sure you were just making a joke and that perhaps it was not the best taste but somehow you try and turn it into being my fault?

Have a word with yourself.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

The *other* postponed game was our 2-1 home defeat where Celtic got their equaliser from a player who hadn't signed for them at the point when the game should have originally been played.

Who scored for St Mirren? 

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

flat,128x128,075,f-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jp

Deary me, you really have scraped the barrel there buddy. I said at the start I was sure you were just making a joke and that perhaps it was not the best taste but somehow you try and turn it into being my fault?

Have a word with yourself.

So you thought I was making a joke and your first thought was to bring up 60,000 people losing their lives? Seriously? 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hard to understand the difference between St Mirren players being given club permission to breach rules during working hours/game build up, and Aberdeen players going to a pub at 10 o'clock at night without permission. 

Real mindfuck trying to work out why the punishments are different.

Are you genuinely struggling to understand it?

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

So you thought I was making a joke and your first thought was to bring up 60,000 people losing their lives? Seriously? 

No, my first thought was that's clearly humour but in poor taste. I thought that would be clear. It's not like I red dotted you or replied slamming your comment a disgrace. What's more I am not the only person who thought that it was a bit off.

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

No, my first thought was that's clearly humour but in poor taste. I thought that would be clear. It's not like I red dotted you or replied slamming your comment a disgrace. What's more I am not the only person who thought that it was a bit off.

Ok Ric enjoy the rest of your night.