The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Disappointed to lose Baccus for such a low fee , but if the money is spent on  signing Bedeau and the winger from Glentoran and on keeping Main , I would be quite happy .

Add helping get Sule signed and getting Strain to sign a contract extension and I will be very happy. 

Im surprised Sule hasnt signed yet. There was a lot of buzz about him wanting to come to Paisley but its all went quiet, must be looking for more money

edit - transfermarkt says his contract expires on the 30th. Maybe will hear something then

Edited by Mac28

47 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

We sold him to Hibs with a sell on clause as they couldn’t / wouldn’t pay the development fee due as he was still young and out of contract, a costly mistake by them. 

They then sold him to Villa, again with a sell on clause and also triggers that increased the fee, such as a bonus for getting out the championship. So any additional fees Hibs get a percentage flows through to us. 

In addition in common with all clubs that have helped develop a young player we receive a solidarity payment whenever a player is transferred. John was with us from about the age of six so that payment could end up being substantial but that isn’t related to our deal with Hibs. 

Cheers - and thanks to DJC too.

I'd assumed it was just the first sell-on that paid out.

34 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Cheers - and thanks to DJC too.

I'd assumed it was just the first sell-on that paid out.

As with any type of contract, it really depends on the actual wording but in our instance the agreement between us and Hibs appears to allow the flow through of future payment that Hibs get. 
There is no guarantee that other similar agreements between different clubs will be worded this way. 
Whether by accident or design we have done well out of our agreement, so well, that every transfer window there is almost as much speculation within our support about McGinn moving as there is about our own players!

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I think I would be too. It mean we would be all set with left footed defenders (with Taylor able to apparently cover left back too), which are like gold dust (I keep telling my son to focus on the weak foot as the left is so tough to get people). 

If it meant a Uturn for main like Dunne I'd be happy as I think next season he could push of for us even more. 

The winger would also allow us to have goal scorer winger and a plan B for 3 up front.

The 275k banding about upsets me as I personally feel Baccus is worth more. If it was closer to 400k or 500k with add-on's with 1 year left I'd be more happy. As I say of Baccus, Strain and O'Hara he is the one I feel we could find someone else to take his place easier. 

There is absolutely no evidence that he is being sold for 275k. None whatsoever.

If stories about Baccus to Bolton are true it’s a great piece of business from the club to get such a big fee

We only signed him a year ago, for nothing, he’s only got a year left of on contract. He’s already 25 and only has a year left on his contract. He doesn’t score or directly create many goals. He’s a good player but to get a big fee for a player like this is superb.

Lex Richardson spent the best part of his career at Love Street and effectively left for nothing. So did Billy Abercromby. Billy Stark left for peanuts, as did Paul Lambert.

A long time ago I know, I’m stuck in the past. But I’m kinda comparing Baccus to them and although he’s good, he’s not in the same league as these guys. So if we get £275k plus add ons then that is impressive 

59 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

If stories about Baccus to Bolton are true it’s a great piece of business from the club to get such a big fee

We only signed him a year ago, for nothing, he’s only got a year left of on contract. He’s already 25 and only has a year left on his contract. He doesn’t score or directly create many goals. He’s a good player but to get a big fee for a player like this is superb.

Lex Richardson spent the best part of his career at Love Street and effectively left for nothing. So did Billy Abercromby. Billy Stark left for peanuts, as did Paul Lambert.

A long time ago I know, I’m stuck in the past. But I’m kinda comparing Baccus to them and although he’s good, he’s not in the same league as these guys. So if we get £275k plus add ons then that is impressive 

It’s not impressive when you consider he’s went in to become a full international who played at the World Cup. I’d hope this 275k figure is not true and we might be looking at higher than this. 

1 minute ago, Norrie82 said:

It’s not impressive when you consider he’s went in to become a full international who played at the World Cup. I’d hope this 275k figure is not true and we might be looking at higher than this. 

The £275k figure isn't true. It came from one person and gathered legs. There's nothing to suggest we've leat him go for that and the deal once all is said and done will be relatively lucrative for the club.

2 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

It's now saying in 'exclusive' report that fee is 275k with chunky add-ons https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-30265307

potential to more than double with future add-ons.

Hopefully the add ons stack up for us in the future and we can get some players in now

Be sad to see Baccus go, but good luck to him. He has been a real asset to the club, on and off the pitch, in his short time in Paisley. Whilst we had problems dealing with the previous regime at Bolton, their fans had nothing to do with that. Good club, good fans, good stadium…we might even arrange a friendly down there. We move on though, next…

1 minute ago, Kempes said:

Be sad to see Baccus go, but good luck to him. He has been a real asset to the club, on and off the pitch, in his short time in Paisley. Whilst we had problems dealing with the previous regime at Bolton, their fans had nothing to do with that. Good club, good fans, good stadium…we might even arrange a friendly down there. We move on though, next…

And to think some opposition supporters laughed when we pointed out his potential early doors.

They'll be looking rather more stupid than usual now.:lol:

Talks with Bolton have been on-going for several days and have seen the League One side significantly up their bid.

If you choose to believe the [poorly] reported figure, then the starting bid must have been about 100 quid.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Norrie82 said:

Jason Cummings is a full international who played at the World Cup

Alex Gogic, Trevor Carson, Declan Gallagher, Eamon Brophy and Tony Watt are full internationals.

All must be worth a fortune in transfer fees!!

Edited by Captain_Sensible