The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, Billy_Gunn said:

No St.Mirren player ever gets booed. That’s a nonsense.

Some players get more grief than others but I don’t think I’ve ever heard our own get booed.

I seem to remember our whole team, substitutes, coaching & management staff getting booed along with horrific personal abuse aimed at certain individuals at half time when the team were using temporary changing at away end at Fir Park post Covid. 

Usually a collective “team boo” happens at half time or full time if there is a particular abject poor performance which as long as it’s not vindictive or abusive can be a way to express disappointment. 

That day at Fir Park was particularly unpleasant for all concerned. 

To say players don’t get booed or abused is certainly not true. 

There have been all manner of incidents involving individual players and supporters down the years.
At one stage Tam Turner was disciplined and shipped out the club to QotS after TT “remonstrated” with an individual in the enclosure. I don’t think he would have reacted had someone not actually abused him. 
Thankfully we (Hendrie IIRC) brought him back and the rest is history. 

IMG_3254.thumb.jpeg.aeb5dd0aed670208ce1bcc340037ffd5.jpeg

Saw TT the other day in Johnstone. Still looks as fit as the day he stopped playing. 

Edited by Molotov

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

No McMenamin either, which is worrying. 

I thought he'd have made the bench as Robinson was expecting him to be back training on Monday.

Is Cowdenbeath artifical pitch? That would explain his absence pretty neatly given Robbo blamed the pitch at Montrose for his current injury.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

The bench highlights our poor strength in depth

Wee bit harsh. O'Hara, McMenamin, Kiltie and Gallagher would all be in that squad under normal circumstances.

We definitely do need a couple of bodies still though 

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Wee bit harsh. O'Hara, McMenamin, Kiltie and Gallagher would all be in that squad under normal circumstances.

We definitely do need a couple of bodies still though 

We should also be more than capable of winning this game even with those players missing.

COYS

10 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I seem to remember our whole team, substitutes, coaching & management staff getting booed along with horrific personal abuse aimed at certain individuals at half time when the team were using temporary changing at away end at Fir Park post Covid. 

Usually a collective “team boo” happens at half time or full time if there is a particular abject poor performance which as long as it’s not vindictive or abusive can be a way to express disappointment. 

That day at Fir Park was particularly unpleasant for all concerned. 

To say players don’t get booed or abused is certainly not true. 

There have been all manner of incidents involving individual players and supporters down the years.
At one stage Tam Turner was disciplined and shipped out the club to QotS after TT “remonstrated” with an individual in the enclosure. I don’t think he would have reacted had someone not actually abused him. 
Thankfully we (Hendrie IIRC) brought him back and the rest is history. 

IMG_3254.thumb.jpeg.aeb5dd0aed670208ce1bcc340037ffd5.jpeg

Saw TT the other day in Johnstone. Still looks as fit as the day he stopped playing. 

Players don’t individually get boo’d when on the pitch or anywhere else. Why would folk boo them as if they were a pantomime villain ? It doesn’t happen.

Abuse? Yes. Absolutely. Players get abused all the time. McAusland being the worst in recent memory. The stuff he received on a weekly basis was horrific.

Gallagher has been class for us, but his back injury did take almost all of his non-existent pace away.

A shame as he was great for us. I reckon he’ll stroll the Championship. Best of luck to him.

As for us, let’s just hope the manager has at least 2 CB in mind now.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

Did Robinson and Gallagher have a falling out at Motherwell?

I don't think so. Don't think it's happened here either. Robinson, without naming him did say that certain defenders he had perhaps been too loyal to in pre-season games and had to reassess and most folk knew he meant Gallagher as he had looked miles off it.