Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

Can't believe I missed this but is this John Gall who owns Brownings?

ETA - Its cool I found it on google. 

On the subject of finding things has Darvel Legends opinion on this been found yet?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Football crazy 09 said:

The players to a man are furious, especially when they were told that there are only six players at the club who are good enough. This decision could sound the death knell for Darvel.

John Gall might know how to sell pies but he has no idea how to run a football club or how to behave.

Backroom staff, one of whom is the secretary, are off too. All the hard work of the last seven years is about to come to nothing.

Scott Clelland is better away from someone who behaves the way John Gall does as he is twice the man Gall will ever be.

Only 6 players being good enough is a lot of Rubbish but we know exactly where that came from. They were all good enough to win the league for the first time in 50 years and they are doing well enough in the league at the moment. Certain people have been doing there best for a while trying to influence what happens at Darvel. Chasing John Gall around saying this person isn't good enough and that person isn't good enough. Well done, I hope you have achieved what you wanted.

18 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Can't believe I missed this but is this John Gall who owns Brownings?

ETA - Its cool I found it on google. 

On the subject of finding things has Darvel Legends opinion on this been found yet?

Nope he seemingly doesn't have an opinion it

As a supporter who has followed darvel for about 35 years albeit off and on and whose dad was treasurer for many years I have seen the good and the bad. I am honest enough to say I support the team and whoever is playing or managing I will support them, but the same as the majority of football fans no matter the level I have no allegiance to any individual whether it be players or management. If this is for the good of the club I am all for it the same if it goes wrong I will voice my opinion. There will be people on here who feel aggrieved perhaps because they have family or friends who play/ manage the darvel team . I would imagine wherever there friends play/ manage they will follow them. Me and the vast majority of darvel supporters will have supported darvel whoever plays for the club and will continue to do so.

13 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

As a supporter who has followed darvel for about 35 years albeit off and on and whose dad was treasurer for many years I have seen the good and the bad. I am honest enough to say I support the team and whoever is playing or managing I will support them, but the same as the majority of football fans no matter the level I have no allegiance to any individual whether it be players or management. If this is for the good of the club I am all for it the same if it goes wrong I will voice my opinion. There will be people on here who feel aggrieved perhaps because they have family or friends who play/ manage the darvel team . I would imagine wherever there friends play/ manage they will follow them. Me and the vast majority of darvel supporters will have supported darvel whoever plays for the club and will continue to do so.

It's nothing to do with allegiance to anyone. The manager just took them to win the league for the first time in 50 years and promoted for the first time in 25 years. Not even 1/3 into the season, sitting 6th in the super first and holding there own. Does that sound like grounds for sacking the manager? 

It's nothing to do with allegiance to anyone. The manager just took them to win the league for the first time in 50 years and promoted for the first time in 25 years. Not even 1/3 into the season, sitting 6th in the super first and holding there own. Does that sound like grounds for sacking the manager? 

Great reply, that other post didn't make sense people saying they support Darvel for so long etc no one is questioning that, people are questioning the manner n what paddy was sacked as there was nothing wrong club are in good position and still early in season?? It's a strange one

24 minutes ago, lineo said:

What's your opinion on this Darvel Legend? Do you think sacking the manager is the right decision? 

time will tell if its the right decision , but one thing i will say is john has the right to do what he sees fit , paddy has done a great job but ive told him he needed 2-3 players since we got promoted and when asked by john ive told him the exact same thing , what i will say is paddy has been a victim of league reconstruction as in a normal year where we are after 9 games for being a promoted team would in all likelihood be acceptable but this is no a normal year and out our league there is a possibility that 6 teams could be promoted , 4 automatics and 2 from the play offs , getting to the top league will in my opinion have been a priority this season although ive no idea whats been said between john and paddy and the fact of the ,matter is and i think people are forgetting this we have only 1 game in the last 8 and obviously john does not want this run continuing and has made his decision , my honest opinion is the team have been a credit to themselves and the  town but i think we would have came up short this season and finished just outside the play offs but ive been wrong before 

1 minute ago, Football crazy 09 said:

Maybe he got the idea from Hurlford as they did a similar job on Del McCulloch.

Maybe this is a watershed moment for darvel. I would imagine that this has happened at loads of the “big clubs” at some point in there history that someone with money has came in and called the shots. It may come back to bite John on the arse but time will tell.

1 minute ago, Ceejayar said:

Maybe this is a watershed moment for darvel. I would imagine that this has happened at loads of the “big clubs” at some point in there history that someone with money has came in and called the shots. It may come back to bite John on the arse but time will tell.

Thanks for answering my question Ceejayar 

Am wanting to know where aw this money is for players and wondering if john is willing to pay aw these players we need 70+ a week to play and who's to say they would come in and fit in with the team which then means the existing players might want to leave and that leaves u to try replace them and might end up with having to pay more money again for each player so that a big outlay and of course with them new player they might need time to gel and at this time of the season that's no really a good thing ur wanting but again that's just my opinion obviously it's a fantastic and absolute accurate opinion but it is mine and again I could be completely wrong n we get a great manager and new players and they take Darvel by storm and win everything there in which would be great so time will tell....

1 minute ago, Football crazy 09 said:

Not many teams will go to Rutherglen and win 4-2. I bet no team will beat Cambuslang 4-0. Few teams will get a draw at Largs, and miss a penalty in doing so. Cumbernauld and petershill were both close affairs and by your analysis , could have gone either way. Mussleburgh are a top team, contesting the Junoir cup final a couple of seasons ago. Maybe you were one of the one's that led to the decision? Here's a prediction. Darvel will be lucky to end up out of the bottom four after this decision.

im a supporter so how am i one that led to the decision ? i give my opinion when im asked and even when im no asked at times ! but what ive told john ive told paddy so i dont go behind peoples backs , all im saying is yes we have been unlucky in a load of games this season but the bottom line is we have won 1 out of our last 8 , heres my prediction the same as your entitled to yours we will get promoted this season 

6 minutes ago, offside said:

Thanks for answering my question Ceejayar 

Let’s put it this way. The supporters can see we need players, and again it’s not a slight on the team that got us to where we are.Newman has said the players would welcome experience to the squad and he has also said we can’t see out games. Who’s fault is that?. The buck stops with the manager. We as supporters don’t know the ins and outs and the politics involved. 

5 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Let’s put it this way. The supporters can see we need players, and again it’s not a slight on the team that got us to where we are.Newman has said the players would welcome experience to the squad and he has also said we can’t see out games. Who’s fault is that?. The buck stops with the manager. We as supporters don’t know the ins and outs and the politics involved. 

Going by your and legends posts I'm guessing you both agree with the chairmans decision 

18 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

So where was the money that is getting talked about when paddy was trying to buy players? Now paddy has been sacked there seems to be money available for experienced junior players. Paddy was trying to sign players on the same budget he had last season so attracting more experienced players was not going to happen. So is it Paddy's fault he couldn't offer players the money they wanted? 

1 minute ago, offside said:

So where was the money that is getting talked about when paddy was trying to buy players? Now paddy has been sacked there seems to be money available for experienced junior players. Paddy was trying to sign players on the same budget he had last season so attracting more experienced players was not going to happen. So is it Paddy's fault he couldn't offer players the money they wanted? 

only john and paddy will know the answer to that one and probably you will hear 2 different sides to that story

Archived