Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

1 minute ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

I know he tried to get players, and his budget didn't allow him to get Latta but now seemingly he had plenty of money to spend and didn't use it

Nonsense I know and I’m sure Paddy would back me up here that latta was offered what he wanted to bring him to Darvel 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Darvel legend said:

Like I said what I’m hearing is there is plenty of money available and was available to Paddy as well 

Paddy had a budget in the beginning and you know john wasn't willing to give Latta the money he wanted, but johns said he wants instant success so he wants the budget used to get promotion 

1 minute ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

Paddy had a budget in the beginning and you know john wasn't willing to give Latta the money he wanted, but johns said he wants instant success so he wants the budget used to get promotion 

Maybe at the beginning he was reluctant to give latta what he wanted but I can assure you after a wee bit of debate James latta was offered what he wanted to come to the football club 

Just now, Darvel legend said:

Maybe at the beginning he was reluctant to give latta what he wanted but I can assure you after a wee bit of debate James latta was offered what he wanted to come to the football club 

By which point he'd already decided to go somewhere else 

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

That’s James lattas decision then and why wouldn’t he want to stay in super league 

That's irrelevant, I'm saying when he was willing to sign paddy didn't have the money to give him but by the time he was given the go ahead latta had already decided where he was going 

3 minutes ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

That's irrelevant, I'm saying when he was willing to sign paddy didn't have the money to give him but by the time he was given the go ahead latta had already decided where he was going 

That’s fair enough then but the money was there for James latta as far as I am led to believe 

Funny how the darvel chairman couldn't wait to go on this site and chastise ourselves and winton about separate incidents but doesn't have the decency to come on now and explain to Darvel supporters why he's decided to sack the manager when there imo doing not to bad for a newly promoted club .
At the time when he attacked my club i thought he lacked class and this only confirms i was right !.

Spot on mate great post [emoji106]

Well as far as I'm aware latta said what he wanted to paddy who in turn went to the chairman.  3 weeks after this conversation he came back and offered latta just over half of what he wanted.  James thereafter went elsewhere as you all well know. 

Paddy wanted the player, a good player at that. Got him interested which was sort of a victory in itself and your chairman couldn't get it over the line as he didn't come up with the wages. Player lost. 

Archived