Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt Rumsby will be solid every time he plays against us. He's absolutely dreadful with the ball at his feet. The fact we played Pyper and Bryan Gilfillan who was unable to move quicker than a jog in the Cove game tells its own story.

Best of luck to him though - always gave 100%.

8 hours ago, Blueminer said:

Get Deano back, he’s done his time! A lot done worse than him out there playing senior football!

I don't care about the rest of senior football, I care about Cowdenbeath. No doubt he was a good player for us but he was betting against the team. He shouldn't be given a second chance. 

As much as Dean would probably improve our squad he shouldn't be back.  

As for Kenny Adamson he couldn't get a game for Kelty last season and has been plagued with injuries for ages now.  I'm confident that there are players out there who are better. 

Whether or not we sign them is another story!

No reason we should sign kenny adamson or any other left back really. Harvey Swann is our first choice left back. He is better there than left midfield. He is developing well and will only get better.

As for Rumsby something wasnt right with him this season compared to last. His aggressive defending was lacking this season and he seemed off the pace most games he played. Positionally wasnt very good either. Terrible with ball at his feet. His first season he was a real leader and talker.

For players coming in just have to wait and see. Centre half and a ball playing centre midfield player box to box similar to jon robertson would be good. 2 strikers are a must.

Would be good to hear whom has not been offered contracts and who has.

Our obsession with former players becomes more prominent the worse we get. Yes these players had good times with us but that was now a long time ago and things have moved on. Bollan will have his own contacts in the game and we need to trust him to recruit properly and bring in his guys. Most importantly we need to back the players he brings in.

With players leaving us to sign for other teams an announcement on who has been released and who has been offered terms would be nice. I would imagine these discussions have taken place.

Someone also mentioned season tickets being announced, not sure if this has been done yet? Perhaps tie it in with a new signing to try and capitalise on any feel good factor out there.

Bit strange reading that Rumsby has already signed for another club, if true, and nothing on our club website.

CFC's professional players are under contract to 31 May or 9 June - players are not released nowadays their contract simply expires and then they are free agents.

Our obsession with former players becomes more prominent the worse we get. Yes these players had good times with us but that was now a long time ago and things have moved on. Bollan will have his own contacts in the game and we need to trust him to recruit properly and bring in his guys. Most importantly we need to back the players he brings in.
With players leaving us to sign for other teams an announcement on who has been released and who has been offered terms would be nice. I would imagine these discussions have taken place.
Someone also mentioned season tickets being announced, not sure if this has been done yet? Perhaps tie it in with a new signing to try and capitalise on any feel good factor out there.

Surprised there's been no suggestion that we bring back Big Joe and Chopper!

I think the point about older players is you know what you get and some are within our potenial resource. For example Renton or a Dougie Hill. Both would be good signings.

If I could I would bring back Jon Robertson but of course that wont happen as he is in the championship. A fine player who is sorely missed in our midfield.

Loads of free agents and as always we wont even have the squad finalised even well into August. More players will be added that last couple of weeks as usual.

Strikers are the main problem to find I think for a club like us. 

No harm at all in wishing for all of the ex players mentioned, as they would enhance our current squad so they are good shouts. 

More importantly some of them may actually care abit about the club, the influence from Gilfillan returning was substantial.

12 minutes ago, big al said:

No harm at all in wishing for all of the ex players mentioned, as they would enhance our current squad so they are good shouts. 

More importantly some of them may actually care abit about the club, the influence from Gilfillan returning was substantial.

Correct. The guy played through the pain barrier pretty much every game. Travelled up from Annan from every game and from what I understand wasnt even paid apart from travel expenses. Great commitment. I would take the boy Mcord but he will have loads of offers im sure.

4 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I don't care about the rest of senior football, I care about Cowdenbeath. No doubt he was a good player for us but he was betting against the team. He shouldn't be given a second chance. 

It’s a fact that he bet against us, but what isn’t in doubt was he wasn’t trying to throw those games he played in. Deano was just going through a crazy time in his life and obviously wasn’t thinking straight!

Players: Blair Penman, Joe McGovern, Matthew McInally, Shaun Rutherford, Ali Smith, Jack Whittaker, Ben Reilly, Jordan Hornby and Scott Rumsby.

All not offered new contracts.

20 minutes ago, Blueminer said:

It’s a fact that he bet against us, but what isn’t in doubt was he wasn’t trying to throw those games he played in. Deano was just going through a crazy time in his life and obviously wasn’t thinking straight!

That's just an excuse. Obviously what happened to him in his personal life was awful but Dean was in the wrong. The Club punished him and also offered him help with his supposed gambling addition. He should not play for Cowdenbeath again. He burnt his bridges as a player. 

7 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Players: Blair Penman, Joe McGovern, Matthew McInally, Shaun Rutherford, Ali Smith, Jack Whittaker, Ben Reilly, Jordan Hornby and Scott Rumsby.

So basically keeping most of the same players that played every week then ? Thought they would've changed it up more 

7 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

The only two I could make a case for keeping would be McGovern and Reilly. 

McGovern looks good until his injury and would certainly be good backup if nothing else. Reilly looked like a decent player but is more an impact player than a first team starter so maybe his wages would be better spent elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

That's just an excuse. Obviously what happened to him in his personal life was awful but Dean was in the wrong. The Club punished him and also offered him help with his supposed gambling addition. He should not play for Cowdenbeath again. He burnt his bridges as a player. 

You’re entitled to your opinion just like I am and we obviously disagree! It’s unlikely to happen anyway, so no point in discussing it.

Archived