Group D

32 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ross County created about 1 clear cut chance from memory which Hutton saved well 1 on 1. Mikkelsen had a great effort from 25 yards out saved too but other than that there was nothing.

I don't know if people are just assuming that they bossed it because they're the Prem team or what but as an Arbroath fan I was gutted to end up losing the 2 points to them. We deserved a draw and I was disappointed to lose the shoot out too. We should've had a penalty and matched them.

Sorry for any inaccuracies in my report. I wasn't there and went on the live updates and stats by the BBC. I think RC had about double or triple the chances of Arbroath so it was a more an assumption on my part. Sorry, again, for any inaccuracies. Happy to sort anything you feel I've missed out or got wrong. Cheers. 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for any inaccuracies in my report. I wasn't there and went on the live updates and stats by the BBC. I think RC had about double or triple the chances of Arbroath so it was a more an assumption on my part. Sorry, again, for any inaccuracies. Happy to sort anything you feel I've missed out or got wrong. Cheers. 

You're doing a great job. Obviously not superman and able to get to all the games. Understand that's how you'd have to get your reports, it's just that I keep reading it and it isn't really the way it panned out.

14 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You're doing a great job. Obviously not superman and able to get to all the games. Understand that's how you'd have to get your reports, it's just that I keep reading it and it isn't really the way it panned out.

Thanks, as I said, if you have anything specific you want me to reword / take out / add in then please let me know as I would rather be as accurate as possible. Cheers. 

I think the Arbroath fans here are getting a little carried away with their performance here.  The stats show County had 18 shots on goal compared to Arbroath's 5, and 10 on target compared to 3.  That was definitely County's game to win, but we lacked a bit of creativity in attack.  Arbroath defended resolutely, but didn't offer much to trouble our defence.  Fair play to Arbroath though, they'll have been delighted to hold out for the draw against a Premiership side.

County in particular seemed to struggle with the wind, with far too many passes not going where they should have done.  I guess Arbroath are used to taking that in to consideration.

It was frustrating we couldn't get the winner in normal time.  We'd have topped the group and been seeded if we had.  Fortunately, we got a reasonably favourable draw anyway (Motherwell at home) so no major damage done.  The penalty shoot-out added a bit of excitement to proceedings, but our midfield and attack have a lot to work on ahead of the league campaign kicking off next week.

All in all, it was a good day out.  My first visit to Gayfield, and would happily visit again should we meet in the cup again.  I might give the fish and chip buffet at the Bellrock a miss next time though.  The indigestion afterwards was murder :(

Should've went to Peppo's or the Golden Haddock. ;)

And the stats might say that but what opportunities did you actually have? The 1 on 1, Mikkelsens effort...? That was the only two saves the goalie really had to make from what I can remember? We also had one skiff the post, a volley just wide, a few saves from Fox and should've had one penalty could've maybe had another.

The highlights will be up soon. You hardly troubled our defence either. I thought both teams struggled with the wind and neither of us played particularly well. Wasn't worried about losing that game at any stage. Our defence was patched together too.

Thought you looked similar to Dundee, both of you not at the level of Aberdeen and Hibs which will probably show over the course of the season.

Gayfield lived up to its windy stereotype Saturday but you don't get that many weeks where it's like that. Maybe 3/4 league games a season.

Glad you enjoyed Gayfield. Im biased but it's a great lower league ground. Amazes me that County fans didn't move around to behind the goal they were shooting at either, happens with other clubs too. You'd think you'd enjoy the luxury of being able to freely move around but a lot of you just stayed put.

Archived