Group D

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Les Westander of County said:

Arbroath - they held on. Hibs win the group.

Excuse me Arbroath didn't "hold on"... and would have won the match if it wasn't for the officials denying us an absolute stick on penalty.Not a lot between the teams.

1 hour ago, Les Westander of County said:

Arbroath - they held on. Hibs win the group.

Were you there?, not a lot between the sides, good penalty shout for us denied

1 hour ago, Sixtyten said:

What an abysmal League Cup campaign, stark contrast to this time a year ago.

That was us last season but it was only four months from the high rather than a whole year.

Disappointing not to beat Arbroath and clinch the group and seeding but we are through to the next round which is more than we did last season defending the trophy.

56 minutes ago, Dudu Dahan pal said:

are we seeded or what? 

41 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yes

No. 3 teams on 12 points, Livingston on 11 (who won't be seeded either) and Dundee Utd or Dundee (whomever wins, even if it's on penalties) will get a minimum of 11 points.

No. 3 teams on 12 points, Livingston on 11 (who won't be seeded either) and Dundee Utd or Dundee (whomever wins, even if it's on penalties) will get a minimum of 11 points.

I was going by BBC Scotland. There's 4 teams that get seeded on top of the 4 that join from Europe isn't there?

ETA: see what you mean. Serves me right for trusting sportsound.

I was going by BBC Scotland. There's 4 teams that get seeded on top of the 4 that join from Europe isn't there?

ETA: see what you mean. Serves me right for trusting sportsound.

Listened to the podcast on my way to fives this morning and to give sportsound their due I just misheard it. Although I can see why, Richard Gordon giving it the Hibs will go through as an unseeeeeeeeeeedeed team.

My apologies. Not much difference anyway tbf. Only team Hibs should worry about is Celtic and the Dons.

Ross County created about 1 clear cut chance from memory which Hutton saved well 1 on 1. Mikkelsen had a great effort from 25 yards out saved too but other than that there was nothing.

I don't know if people are just assuming that they bossed it because they're the Prem team or what but as an Arbroath fan I was gutted to end up losing the 2 points to them. We deserved a draw and I was disappointed to lose the shoot out too. We should've had a penalty and matched them.

As with the games v Alloa and Hibs (didn't go to Montrose) we were defensively solid but lacking elsewhere. Didn't see the penalty claim clearly but Arbroath certainly deserved at least a draw. 

Early days but certainly need another wide player, and Curran + Schalk doesn't work as a pair.

Thoroughly enjoyed visit to Gayfield, not been since 1995. A9 was a mare though so no time to wander into town.

Superb pies! 

Archived