Group D

So David Hutton played in goals yet every match report has gone with Ricky Gomes (and also 36niltv!) Accurate stats sunk on matchday 3!

Hibernian 6 - 1 Arbroath -

(not Ricky Gomes)

@GomesRicky " Gutted I wasn't able to complete the warm up, and help the lads out tonight. Bit unlucky not to take more from the match #concussion"

Great pics Smokie!

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm heading to Arbroath for the first time ever on Saturday for the County game.  So, some questions:

• I'll have a bit of time early afternoon before going to the pub.  Is an hour enough time to justify the £6 entrance fee to the Abbey?
  • Where should I go to sample some of these fabled Arbroath smokies?  Preferably to take away and eat on the way to the pub.
  • And is the Tutties Neuk the pub to go to pre-match?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Forfinn said:

I'm heading to Arbroath for the first time ever on Saturday for the County game.  So, some questions:

• I'll have a bit of time early afternoon before going to the pub.  Is an hour enough time to justify the £6 entrance fee to the Abbey?
  • Where should I go to sample some of these fabled Arbroath smokies?  Preferably to take away and eat on the way to the pub.

Thank you.

1) You could easily spend an hour at the Abbey, so admission fee is justifiable especially if you have an interest in history & the declaration.

2) Plenty of fishmongers around the harbour will supply smokies. A fair few eating establishments serve them as a meal if you decided to eat in. Beware of the bones.

3) Most definitely if you can squeeze in. Friendly owners & staff. Ground located straight across the road.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

On 7/27/2017 at 15:23, Forfinn said:

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure you can get Smokie suppers at the Bell Rock chippy, which is just along from Gayfield. 

If not, I'd recommend their lunchtime buffet. All the fish 'n' chips you can eat for about £8. 

I'm pretty sure you can get Smokie suppers at the Bell Rock chippy, which is just along from Gayfield. 

If not, I'd recommend their lunchtime buffet. All the fish 'n' chips you can eat for about £8. 

The buffet is a delight. Will fill your stomach and clog your arteries.

21 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

1) You could easily spend an hour at the Abbey, so admission fee is justifiable especially if you have an interest in history & the declaration.

I meant it the other way round - will an hour be enough for me to get my £6 worth and/or will I need more time than that to do it justice?  I studied history and I've never been there before, so I fully expect to be able to pass the hour!

8 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I think we have a winner.  Buffet for lunch, supper for tea...

Archived