"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

11 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Given the amount of companies that Makwana has created and dissolved, I'm sure he is well aware on how to mess with the very lax Companies House.

Gardiner would also be be even stupider than I thought if he is attempting any sabotage on his way out. He would at the very least be jeopardising whatever payout Savage has given him for termintating his contract early.

As I recall an employee with 5 yrs tenure is entitled to one weeks notice for each year, Gardiner started in April 2019 and resigned in June so with that his notice period was completed this week.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

50 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I recall an employee with 5 yrs tenure is entitled to one weeks notice for each year, Gardiner started in April 2019 and resigned in June so with that his notice period was completed this week.

It's highly unlikely that senior employee occupying the sort of position Gardiner did (as high as it gets without being an actual director) did not have a specific contract with a designated notice period from the day and hour he took over. Employees at that level don't join with the notion that they can be dismissed with no notice at all for a year and "a week a year" for the rest of their time. That would be farcical.

Whether that notice period was 3 months, 6 months or something else is another question entirely that is presumably known only to Mr Gardiner and his directors, and possibly their respective lawyers / whoever wrote up the contract. It'll almost definitely have been significantly more than 5 weeks though. 13 or 26 weeks seems much more likely.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's highly unlikely that senior employee occupying the sort of position Gardiner did (as high as it gets without being an actual director) did not have a specific contract with a designated notice period from the day and hour he took over. Employees at that level don't join with the notion that they can be dismissed with no notice at all for a year and "a week a year" for the rest of their time. That would be farcical.

Whether that notice period was 3 months, 6 months or something else is another question entirely that is presumably known only to Mr Gardiner and his directors, and possibly their respective lawyers / whoever wrote up the contract. It'll almost definitely have been significantly more than 5 weeks though. 13 or 26 weeks seems much more likely.

that notice period can also be on gardening leave, which should have happened here 

Just now, Oats said:

that notice period can also be on gardening leave, which should have happened here 

Of course it can, never said otherwise. Just that the notion he's due 5 weeks money and nothing more is almost certainly hopelessly naive.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Of course it can, never said otherwise. Just that the notion he's due 5 weeks money and nothing more is almost certainly hopelessly naive.

You’re 100% right, a CEO (however pish he was) isn’t going to be on 5 weeks notice. 

Of course it was never going to be 5 weeks but he should have been removed from post straight away , placed on gardening leave for the notice period before he could do anymore damage 

23 minutes ago, Oats said:

Of course it was never going to be 5 weeks but he should have been removed from post straight away , placed on gardening leave for the notice period before he could do anymore damage 

The problem with that is our idiot ex-chairman gave him full and free reign of the club and it transpires because he kept everything from the directors, he was the only one who could give any info to potential investors.

In retrospect, you can see why a crook and a fraud like Gardiner was wowed by Makwana and his LinkedIn horseshit.  Two peas in a fucking pod IMO.

The following is a completely true story which I have been wondering for a while about how and when to share. Now seems like as good a time as any.

Earlier this year, a guy I've come to know quite well through work, and who is in the army, informed me that whenever he's working from Fort George, on his way in first thing in the morning (I think he said either 5:30 or 6:30), he pauses to take a dump in the middle of the ICT training pitch.

I am increasingly of the feeling that, whilst this kind of behaviour undoubtedly makes him special, it by no means makes him unique.

Edited by The Great Stagsby

16 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

The following is a completely true story which I have been wondering for a while about how and when to share. Now seems like as good a time as any.

Earlier this year, a guy I've come to know quite well through work, and who is in the army, informed me that whenever he's working from Fort George, on his way in first thing in the morning (I think he said either 5:30 or 6:30), he pauses to take a dump in the middle of the ICT training pitch.

I am increasingly of the feeling that, whilst taking a dump on ICT undoubtedly makes him special, it by no means makes him unique.

image.jpeg.5a9f63bd459d7a4fd0d06bd055427cdb.jpeg

While not questioning the validity of such a succinct tale, its prudent to advise that said individual within the Army is infact defecating on MOD property and therefore disrespecting his King and country -  which I am sure under the draconian rules of the military is a punishable offence. Additionally if true and as ICT only lease the training pitch I am sure that his colleagues are most delighted at having to clean up his stinking shite every day when ICT complain.

Edited by bdu98196

22 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

I am increasingly of the feeling that, whilst this kind of behaviour undoubtedly makes him special, it by no means makes him unique.

20210218_231755.jpg.a3b738f7f44ce542c98046474ca0c9ea.jpg

2 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Does he know where the Ibrox steel is?

Probably still stuck in the Suez from 2021.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Someone’s clearly just jumped the gun in adding Savage as a director on Companies House and swiftly removed him.  He said himself, he’s got the chequebook now and Charlie is the CEO.

Makwana, as someone on CTO pointed out, hasn’t bought any shares in the club so has zero power at this stage, or if he has, there’s been no meeting with current shareholders to sell theirs to him, or release new ones for him to buy.

I seem to remember an announcement he was given 30% of shares with an aim to buy a further 20%. And that he has put in £30000 later.

Whether that was conditional or not. But I'm not sure he doesn't still have an interest in the club if not. 

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Probably still stuck in the Suez from 2021.

Blocked by something called "evergreen". Will the conspiracy ever end?

Onto ICT - always enjoy my trips up to you. Hopefully Savage can clear things up behind the scenes for you. He may have to watch what he says about Gardiner though. Go too far and that supercilious git could end up thinking about a libel action. 

4 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Blocked by something called "evergreen". Will the conspiracy ever end?

Onto ICT - always enjoy my trips up to you. Hopefully Savage can clear things up behind the scenes for you. He may have to watch what he says about Gardiner though. Go too far and that supercilious git could end up thinking about a libel action. 

Very true, but only if he publicly says anything that is libelous.  I don't imagine Savage would do that, if you receive me.