"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

28 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

On the Ross County chat thread I see they are discussing Gary MacKay-Steven who is rumoured to be released by Hearts.

Do you think Robbo has been alerted and Dodds could be making signing here jumping in before County or Motherwell?

Well considering Robbo spends most of his time in Dungwall, he probably is aware and it wouldn't surprise me if we were interested. However, our treatment room is pretty full just now, so he'd be another risky signing - is he even back from injury yet and playing?

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

4 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Well considering Robbo spends most of his time in Dungwall, he probably is aware and it wouldn't surprise me if we were interested. However, our treatment room is pretty full just now, so he'd be another risky signing - is he even back from injury yet and playing?

I'm sure Robbo still has his contacts at Hearts and would be first to hear if any player there is looking for another gig.

btw you do know he reads this forum. ;)

2 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

I'm sure Robbo still has his contacts at Hearts and would be first to hear if any player there is looking for another gig.

btw you do know he reads this forum. ;)

Does he? Would he care to make an account and tell us all why he’s off commentating on County games when his current employers are playing?

As Sporting Director I believe his role would include identifying weaknesses in the current playing squad to see where best to prioritise new signings. He’d be best pleased to do that actually watching our games live in person.

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Does he? Would he care to make an account and tell us all why he’s off commentating on County games when his current employers are playing?

As Sporting Director I believe his role would include identifying weaknesses in the current playing squad to see where best to prioritise new signings. He’d be best pleased to do that actually watching our games live in person.

How many games has he commentated on so far this season up in Dingwall?

But yeah he should be here and not just looking at weaknesses but also beyond this season. It will be contract discussion time soon.

A lot of talk of this ''sky high spirit'' within the team

I posted that last night as a quote by Billy Dodds and immediately thought of the support and that this was a bit of signalling in response to the negativity. 😆The guy can't do anything right just now.

Though its not something I would mention to the press after just two wins against two teams below us if I was in that position, maybe with two games to go and sitting a point behind the leader. But that is my opinion and that was Billy Dodds choice to point out the high moral in the squad to everyone. I mean confidence is a big part of the battle but if you get slapped down from a great hight after coming out with that phrase the landing is going to hurt. I would rather say focussed on the job in hand with the reality we are sitting in sixth place currently and there's a long way to go, a bit boring but talking right now should be done on the pitch.

Any thoughts on ''sky high spirit''?

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/5250637/caley-thistle-boss-billy-dodds-says-sky-high-spirit-is-ideal-ahead-of-queens-park-double/

2 hours ago, approximately dave said:

On the Ross County chat thread I see they are discussing Gary MacKay-Steven who is rumoured to be released by Hearts.

Do you think Robbo has been alerted and Dodds could be making signing here jumping in before County or Motherwell?

He did play as a trialist for us against Clach back must have been 10-11 years ago when Butcher was in charge but had a reputation for having glass ankles.

Would fit in perfect.

Waste of money for a injury prone has been 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

You can believe just whatever you want but the fact of the matter is that in any business there are delegations of authority and in this context there is a department of coaches who are adjudged to be competent in appraising the existing playing staff. Given this, I fail to see the merit in committing to sitting on a bus for six or more hours just to duplicate the effort of others.

14 hours ago, sophia said:

You can believe just whatever you want but the fact of the matter is that in any business there are delegations of authority and in this context there is a department of coaches who are adjudged to be competent in appraising the existing playing staff. Given this, I fail to see the merit in committing to sitting on a bus for six or more hours just to duplicate the effort of others.

Dearie me, after your last defense of Robbo was shown to be fraudulent, when you said that he had made a move for Dawson when Robertson was commentating for the BBC at Dingwall in December on a Celtic game, we then showed that Celtic had last visited Dingwall in August.

Surely you should remain embarrassed and silent on the subject.

When John Robertson signed a new contract as Sporting Director his brief as outlined by the Scotsman was that he, 'will fulfill a new role overseeing the football department'.

Neither the article or the official statement from the club mentioned that he will be free to commentate for the BBC at Ross County games on ICT Matchdays. 

I am sure that Robertson will leave the club to return to the BBC when his contract expires in the summer, personally I am disappointed in his behaviour which is indefensible and I will be glad to see him go.  End of.

Edited by SandyCromarty

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I am sure that Robertson will leave the club to return to the BBC when his contract expires in the summer,

While its unclear on his contribution and I consider that regardless of coaches & scouts in our network, I do think expectations should be a DoF needs to not only see his team play but visit stadiums & view potential signings that meet our style of play and system etc. Whether this can be just done through visits to Dingwall & looking at Premiership players (who are probably not only outwith our budget but also interested in a drop down to 'diddy' football) its as yet inconclusive. But most of us (on this forum) don't know the T&C's of the contract so will have to reluctantly accept he is fulfilling currently.

Regarding a new contract, if currently the club are happy with is dual roles and see value in his contributions it would not be a shock if there is still some involvement at the club and multiple income streams. From Robbo's personal perspective I'm sure he would be happy with those terms.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dearie me, after your last defense of Robbo was shown to be fraudulent, when you said that he had made a move for Dawson when Robertson was commentating for the BBC at Dingwall in December on a Celtic game, we then showed that Celtic had last visited Dingwall in August.

Surely you should remain embarrassed and silent on the subject.

When John Robertson signed a new contract as Sporting Director his brief as outlined by the Scotsman was that he, 'will fulfill a new role overseeing the football department'.

Neither the article or the official statement from the club mentioned that he will be free to commentate for the BBC on ICT Matchdays. 

I am sure that Robertson will leave the club to return to the BBC when his contract expires in the summer, personally I am disappointed in his behaviour which is indefensible and I will be glad to see him go.  End of.

Wow! 😞

Pin by Imps Corner on do you remember? | Food, Crisp, Coffee

8 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Stolen from CTO, but thought it was a useful reference for contract & player status. Something useful on this thread for once.

12 Jan 23.png

Let the arguments commence over the content etc.

Usually contracts end last day of May and the year those contracts end is missing.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/inverness-caledonian-thistle-fc/kader/verein/2451/saison_id/2022/plus/1

17 hours ago, approximately dave said:

He's 32 now and not going to get a better gig.

It will either be this or Brora Rangers.

You just said he was linked with Motherwell and Ross County. 2 much better gigs right there.

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

You just said he was linked with Motherwell and Ross County. 2 much better gigs right there.

I don't know if they are linked or this is just fan talk on this forum, so added my own small contribution.

It is funny to see County scurry around desperately looking to sign absolutely anyone and keep a hold of the golden title of Scottish Premiership's unflushable jobby that they took of Accies.

9 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

I don't know if they are linked or this is just fan talk on this forum, so added my own small contribution.

It is funny to see County scurry around desperately looking to sign absolutely anyone and keep a hold of the golden title of Scottish Premiership's unflushable jobby that they took of Accies.

At least they are trying to do something about it unlike us, who just let Foran carry on for the whole season even though everyone could tell he was completely fucking useless.

14 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

At least they are trying to do something about it unlike us, who just let Foran carry on for the whole season even though everyone could tell he was completely fucking useless.

I think its more a case of being seen to be doing something which in itself has a bit of self awareness about it, where as our club as I'm seeing more of a picture now doesn't. It would be helpful if like in the past our manager spoke to the media about where the team needed strengthening and how many players he was looking to bring in this window. We are still very short of options up front. I look at the ICT news feeds everyday and everyday is a slow news day, there is so few articles than there used to be. I think we are also really missing the contribution of CTO when it was at its peak to the amount of information available, it was a fantastic forum.

I still think that how the accounts look will determine the next move. I get the impression that everyone is holding their breath at the club on whether we are going to get hit hard fiancially. So important this season that the minimum the team can do is make the playoffs and the higher up the table the better our chances of going up, less than that is unacceptable. It could be our last chance for a long time. We've been in this league too long now only Morton have been here longer.