• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Brooks was class but it’s hard to gauge given we’re playing an utter dugshite team. 

Didnt too badly against a team in a higher league... 

20230711_214344.jpg

Just now, PB1994 said:

I suppose you could say ours was as well but judging/comparing friendly results is utter nonsense.

Agreed. County might have been taking it easy. McKay and Brooks were like men possessed the first half hour. 

Seems like we're shaping up to be stronger up front than in the past couple of seasons - Brooks is likely a better option than your George Oakleys and Joe Hardys.

Defensively we're looking weaker on paper and midfield depends on what level Gilmour is at. How has he looked so far? Presumably Carson is being played in midfield too?

Carson made the first half and easily MoM, nothing gained though as fitness levels reflecting speed on and off the ball were the telling factors and the part timers were left reeling most of the game. Not overly impressed with the big triallist as he looked easily dispossessed mostly through his mistakes due to him being used to having more time on the ball, the game is quicker up here, yes Brooks shone but who wouldn't as Carson made some lovely fwd passes on the right wing to him. Ethan Cairns is a strong bustling forward and will benefit with more game time, Roddy looked a bit raggedy at times. Like I said nothing gained for either team.

A centre back and a winger and I think that will be us set for the season. The only worry I have is that we are planning to replace Deas with Duffy. I like Duffy but not as the first choice centre back. Shaw and Samuels can play on the wing but I think we still need more there, unless brooks is an option to play on the wing.

36 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

A centre back and a winger and I think that will be us set for the season. The only worry I have is that we are planning to replace Deas with Duffy. I like Duffy but not as the first choice centre back. Shaw and Samuels can play on the wing but I think we still need more there, unless brooks is an option to play on the wing.

We're pretty loaded for centre backs. I don't think Deas and Allardice are going to turn out to be that big of a miss 

Right winger definitely a priority. But from his highlights Brooks looks just as comfortable out wide.

Trialist doesn't seem to be impressing. I'd just keep Cairns as 4th choice striker/big man option. Good to see all our signed strikers on form, and scoring plenty.

52 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

We're pretty loaded for centre backs. I don't think Deas and Allardice are going to turn out to be that big of a miss 

Right winger definitely a priority. But from his highlights Brooks looks just as comfortable out wide.

Trialist doesn't seem to be impressing. I'd just keep Cairns as 4th choice striker/big man option. Good to see all our signed strikers on form, and scoring plenty.

Are we loaded at centre back? We have Devine and Duffy as far as I can see? 

Again, it’s hard to gauge how good we’re going to be as Elgin and Nairn are shite. It’s good to get double figures over the two games but the defence definitely looks weaker on paper. Agree we definitely look stronger in attack, again on paper. So we’ll just have to wait and see I suppose. 

I make it 3 months until our whole strongest XI all get long term injured. October isn’t it?

Just now, TheScarf said:

Again, it’s hard to gauge how good we’re going to be as Elgin and Nairn are shite. It’s good to get double figures over the two games but the defence definitely looks weaker on paper. Agree we definitely look stronger in attack, again on paper. So we’ll just have to wait and see I suppose. 

I make it 3 months until our whole strongest XI all get long term injured. October isn’t it?

Nairn front line failed by their own mistakes time after time which made our defense look better than they are, noticeably I didn't see much of Jake Davidson on either half, did he play?

This will be my only game, against a poor NC, other than a few away so difficult to forecast how the team will gell against say DU and Dunfermline etc.

Tokely needs to polish and put away his boots as a reminder of how it used to be. The likes of Broadfoot et al stay sharper older due to playing full time football.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Nairn front line failed by their own mistakes time after time which made our defense look better than they are, noticeably I didn't see much of Jake Davidson on either half, did he play?

This will be my only game, against a poor NC, other than a few away so difficult to forecast how the team will gell against say DU and Dunfermline etc.

Tokely needs to polish and put away his boots as a reminder of how it used to be. The likes of Broadfoot et al stay sharper older due to playing full time football.

Aye he was the right back for the second half team.  He didn't really do anything.  He hardly got the ball and got roasted a couple of times by the Nairn number 15.

5 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Delaney and Ram. Strachan, seems to be in about first team now too.

I had forgotten about Delaney tbh. Ram doesn’t count.

Still think we could do with another one.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

You're right, and even more so as I mentioned in an earlier post that Dunfermline have played Hamburgs St Pauli and Motherwell in their build up.