• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

15 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

We all know that Dodds is good mates with Jim McIntyre, now he’s signing multiple of the same players that his mate was signing this time last year.

Do you think they might have had a conversation about it?

Do you think talking to your mate who didn’t even last a season at the worst team in the league is a professional method for scouting talent?

Do you think these signings demonstrate any ambition with regard to getting promoted from the Championship?

10 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Last season we finished 6th.

Better teams have entered the Championship than have left it.

Players out so far: Deas, Allardice, Mackay, Henderson

Players in so far: Davidson, Gilmour, Longstaff, Brooks

Anyone feeling confident for this season?

rumpole.jpg

hqdefault (2).jpg

17 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

We all know that Dodds is good mates with Jim McIntyre, now he’s signing multiple of the same players that his mate was signing this time last year.

Do you think they might have had a conversation about it?

Do you think talking to your mate who didn’t even last a season at the worst team in the league is a professional method for scouting talent?

Do you think these signings demonstrate any ambition with regard to getting promoted from the Championship?

Are Dodds and McIntyre good mates? I don’t have a clue if they are.

If they are then yes I’m sure they did have a conversation about it. I’m not sure how that is a bad thing?

I’m pretty sure we will have done more research on the players before bringing them in other than speaking to a pal, would would have absolutely no reason to try and get us to buy shite players btw.

I have absolutely no idea. Going by reports off here Gilmour seems like quite a good player just plagued with injuries. Davidson seems solid. Who says they are even going to be playing every week? Not every signing needs to be one for the starting 11. We need to have depth, trying to bring players up here telling them they are mostly going to sit on the bench won’t bring players of high quality up here.

Its well documented we are short of cash. Our squad is still looking pretty good compared to last year. Deas being the only massive hole we still have.

Ive never really paid attention to Longstaff, Gilmour or Davidson so they could end up being shite but they also could be solid or excellent. If we signed some jobber from the 7th tier of England it would be exactly the same. There really is no issue here.

Dodds/Gardiner quite rightly get their share of criticism. Especially from me when it comes to the manager but moaning about a signing we know next to nothing about is calling card of a moron territory. Especially ones that have played at this level already. It’s not exactly a Steven Boyd type signing that just looked odd right off the bat.

9 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

😉

Yeah, it’s almost as if footballers can get better isn’t, Cameron?

Trawling back through posts to find one from 5 years ago to be able to make your point, what an absolute fucking loser.

Edited by TheScarf

I thought Longstaff always looked good against us last year although we only took 2 points from Cove. Think he definitely has some potential anyway, might not be a smash hit from the get go but over time might become a good player for you.

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Are Dodds and McIntyre good mates? I don’t have a clue if they are.

If they are then yes I’m sure they did have a conversation about it. I’m not sure how that is a bad thing?

I’m pretty sure we will have done more research on the players before bringing them in other than speaking to a pal, would would have absolutely no reason to try and get us to buy shite players btw.

I have absolutely no idea. Going by reports off here Gilmour seems like quite a good player just plagued with injuries. Davidson seems solid. Who says they are even going to be playing every week? Not every signing needs to be one for the starting 11. We need to have depth, trying to bring players up here telling them they are mostly going to sit on the bench won’t bring players of high quality up here.

Its well documented we are short of cash. Our squad is still looking pretty good compared to last year. Deas being the only massive hole we still have.

Ive never really paid attention to Longstaff, Gilmour or Davidson so they could end up being shite but they also could be solid or excellent. If we signed some jobber from the 7th tier of England it would be exactly the same. There really is no issue here.

Dodds/Gardiner quite rightly get their share of criticism. Especially from me when it comes to the manager but moaning about a signing we know next to nothing about is calling card of a moron territory. Especially ones that have played at this level already. It’s not exactly a Steven Boyd type signing that just looked odd right off the bat.

Dodds was McIntyre’s forwards coach at County.  He was very highly rated by the players - moreso than Jim - and basically oversaw Liam Boyce’s transformation from a slightly overweight number 9 into a £500,000 goal machine.  I assume the two are still pally. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Trawling back through posts to find one from 5 years ago to be able to make your point, what an absolute fucking loser.

My point is proven - we must give players time before writing them off. I could give more examples if you like? You’ve dropped some clangers pal 😉

9 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

My point is proven - we must give players time before writing them off. I could give more examples if you like? You’ve dropped some clangers pal 😉

An utter virgin.

On 25/01/2022 at 10:59, TheScarf said:

Shane has never been good enough, hence why he played in the 4th tier for 10 years.

On 18/09/2022 at 07:30, TheScarf said:

He’s absolutely fucking shite at left back. Clearly he’s been more effective playing in midfield the last few games. 

I mentioned earlier we should give new players time before writing them off.

I would suggest @TheScarf doesn’t share his thoughts on any player, new or old. Shane Sutherland won Players Player of The Year and Cameron Harper won Players Young Player of The Year in the seasons he posted these. Didn’t you also describe Colin Seedorf as strolling it?

I have no need to insult you. Thanks for coming.

5 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I mentioned earlier we should give new players time before writing them off.

I would suggest @TheScarf doesn’t share his thoughts on any player, new or old. Shane Sutherland won Players Player of The Year and Cameron Harper won Players Young Player of The Year in the seasons he posted these. Didn’t you also describe Colin Seedorf as strolling it?

I have no need to insult you. Thanks for coming.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

So are you just incredibly slow to notice they’re good players?

I remember listening to TWS podcast when one of them said Shaun Rooney wasn’t doing enough going forward in his final season midway through it - was that you?

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

So are you just incredibly slow to notice they’re good players?

I remember listening to TWS podcast when one of them said Shaun Rooney wasn’t doing enough going forward in his final season midway through it - was that you?

No, what's happened here is, like the virgin you are, you've trawled through my posts and have needed to go back a timespan of 2 to 5 years to when the players you've arbitrarily chosen where playing terribly for us, and a lot of the time were the reason's we were losing games, and are saying it's taken me 5 years to realise if someone is a good player or not, when I haven't even commented as such.

You do reaslise footballers can improve, yes? I don't think you're grasping this concept.  I'll have a think so see if I can maybe explain it to you a different, maybe easier for you to undersand, way.

@RiG, do you know which podcaster Cameron is on about?

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

@RiG, do you know which podcaster Cameron is on about?

Could well have been. Not certain though. Pretty sure I said Gardyne would be a good signing for us bringing a lot of experience to the side. That went well...

Why all the negativity regarding the new signings?

I think Brooks is a positive signing, he's likely turned down more money at Celtic reserves than we are paying him because he wants to play first team football.  That to me, shows character and determination, he was highly thought of at Celtic and turned down a new contract.  I think, and hope, he'll do well with us and am glad that he thought ICT are the team to help him progress his career.

The other signings haven't really had a chance yet and people are whining.  I wasn't enthused when we initially signed Carson, Allardice or Shaw but they turned out pretty well for us, give these players a chance FFS.
I understand the frustrations with the board and or management to a degree but whining about new signings who have barely kicked a ball in red n blue yet is just stupid.

Who do people think we should be signing?  We're skint, we need to live within our means.  I think a lot of our fans would still whine if John McGinn and Ryan Christie signed for us and offered to play for for free.

Edited by KingBeastie
Grammar

Just now, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Are use providing a live stream for nexts week game

I doubt it, we don't seem to do that anymore after COVID.  Such as shame as being based in Glasgow I don't get to many home games so I'd be a regular user of such a service.

32 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

No, what's happened here is, like the virgin you are, you've trawled through my posts and have needed to go back a timespan of 2 to 5 years to when the players you've arbitrarily chosen where playing terribly for us, and a lot of the time were the reason's we were losing games, and are saying it's taken me 5 years to realise if someone is a good player or not, when I haven't even commented as such.

You do reaslise footballers can improve, yes? I don't think you're grasping this concept.  I'll have a think so see if I can maybe explain it to you a different, maybe easier for you to undersand, way.

Didn’t we play Deas at left back for two seasons because Harper wasn’t up to it? Many of us on here thought he wouldn’t make it but I, like all of you, am glad that Harper’s kicked on massively and would even say he’s one of our better players now. 

I’m sure I could go back to 2011 and 2012 when Billy Mckay and David Raven made their debuts and I’m sure the comments wouldn’t be overly positive. Players get worse, players get better, that’s how football is. Singling out one or two comments of the general consensus at the time isn’t the “gotcha” that @NorthStand10 thinks it is 

There's a bit of negativity regarding the signing of two players from Cove because Cove were relegated.
I don't get that at all.  We're not signing the team that got relegated.

This happens all the time in football.  You can use almost any relegated team as an example, look at Leicester City for example...
They got relegated and now a lot of other clubs have rushed in to sign their better players as they want out.  Maddison, Barnes, Evans all signed by top flight clubs, I'm sure there's lots of other players too in that example.
It's opportunistic, it's picking the bones and I doubt it's pleasant for the fans of that club (with regards to most of the players at least) but that's football.

Our league season last season can be regarded as a failure, we didn't get relegated but by the standards the club (and fans) have we failed.  We wanted to keep Allardice and to sign Henderson but we couldn't, the caravan dwellers across the bridge signed those guys because they are good players not because they underachieved with us.  Same with Deas and Livvy.

I'm not for a second saying that the two boys from Cove will set the heather alight for us but FFS give them a chance mun.