• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

24 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Charles Mulgrew inbound imo 

I doubt we'll sign Mulgrew tbh.  I wouldn't be opposed to it, having someone experienced in our defence would be good.

Mulgrew clearly capable of playing at a high enough standard. But, as we all saw last season, capable of being absolutely awful if he doesn’t feel like turning up.

To be fair to Billy Dodds, players do often seem to have quite positive vibes about him. Maybe he could tickle Mulgrew’s ego enough to get a tune out of him.

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yeah, what an error Tottenham have made signing James Maddison from Leicester.

That’s two people on this thread who have tried to compare Luis Longstaff and Charlie Gilmour to James Maddison.

Maddison has a proven track record of playing at the level that Spurs will need him to play at. Longstaff and Gilmour have had one season each in the Championship - which ended in relegation.

We haven’t picked the cream of the crop from Cove, it’s silly to pretend that that’s what we’ve done.

To be fair to Gilmour I don’t think he was there in the second half of the season for Cove when they fell off a cliff. They were doing okay under McIntyre and had a good group of loan players of which Gilmour was one. 

1 hour ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

That’s two people on this thread who have tried to compare Luis Longstaff and Charlie Gilmour to James Maddison.

Maddison has a proven track record of playing at the level that Spurs will need him to play at. Longstaff and Gilmour have had one season each in the Championship - which ended in relegation.

We haven’t picked the cream of the crop from Cove, it’s silly to pretend that that’s what we’ve done.

Just pointing out that just because someone has been part of a relegated side it doesn’t mean they are a poor player.

12 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Reckon we should sign more Cove players tbh, would be funny to see the collective blood pressure of our support rise a bit higher 

Bring him home.

Inverness 2 Kilmarnock 1: Slumping Jags revived by Vigurs

Edited by Jaffa

25 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

While i do doubt the reliability of a Twitter account called 'Transfers Scotland,' we are apparently looking at Logan Chalmers and Connor Smith from Hearts.

Think I'd rather Connor Smith there. Hopefully Robbos being down to tynecastle recently, making himself useful.

This from the Courier in April;

Reports have indicated that Caley Thistle could be set to earn anywhere between £1 million and £1.5 million, regardless of the result in the final on Saturday, June 3.

The league has started and the club is struggling to fill positions with decent signings.

I appreciate that the club needed to serve that financial loss of the year before but surely some of the Scottish Cup money should have been put to one side to replace players and/or sign decent new ones.

With talk of a push for promotion it's clear the fans have been sold a dummy.

15 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Mulgrew has been a done deal for some time, as I hinted at a month ago. He's just been looking for a house that is to his liking.

If true wonder if it will be a player/coach role we'll offer him