"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Just now, Supercaleyman94 said:

Exactly this is why I laugh at people who crictize the pod guys for "kissing ass" if they start crictizing Gardiner and being too negative he's probably never gonna agree to an interview again and he'll probably make life hard for them in terms of speaking to players interacting with the club etc he just seems like that kind of individual.

Some of the podcast guys do. @RiG is publicly critical of Gardiner and doesn't kiss his arse. 

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Some of the podcast guys do. @RiG is publicly critical of Gardiner and doesn't kiss his arse. 

Some of them are a bit too "positive" but it's easy to say shit on twitter and Facebook when the most interaction an average fan will have with club staff outside of football is seeing them in Morrisons or Costa.

Whereas Journalists and other media outlets actually have to interact with them and speak to the likes of Gardiner by email, face to face or on the phone. Gardiner is in control of our media so i understand why certain people gotta watch what they say about him and the club. 

4 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Whereas Journalists and other media outlets actually have to interact with them and speak to the likes of Gardiner by email, face to face or on the phone. Gardiner is in control of our media so i understand why certain people gotta watch what they say about him and the club. 

I don't buy that at all to be honest. Journalists should be asking the difficult questions to the club or the podcasters should be speaking negatively towards the club/staff if that is what they feel. If the club then starts banning folk from press conferences or removes access to players for interviews etc then that is only going to reflect badly on the club and bring even more attention to themselves.

No way should they be censoring what they are saying/publishing just to keep up their access to the club. That is exactly what Gardiner is wanting.

Just now, Supercaleyman94 said:

Some of them are a bit too "positive" but it's easy to say shit on twitter and Facebook when the most interaction an average fan will have with club staff outside of football is seeing them in Morrisons or Costa.

That's obvious when it applies to print media as they have nothing to offer any club financially other than writing positive stories that the club wants them to write, otherwise they're out and no more freebies. Totally dishonest journalism.

The visual media is a whole different ball game as they pay handsomely and club officials will swim across crododile infested rivers to accomodate them.

What does infuriate all clubs is the likes of these forums, like the print journos they avidly trawl them so keep on having your say when you feel it's right to do so, in our case it's the only communication we will have with the club.

Just now, PB1994 said:

I don't buy that at all to be honest. Journalists should be asking the difficult questions to the club or the podcasters should be speaking negatively towards the club/staff if that is what they feel. If the club then starts banning folk from press conferences or removes access to players for interviews etc then that is only going to reflect badly on the club and bring even more attention to themselves.

No way should they be censoring what they are saying/publishing just to keep up their access to the club. That is exactly what Gardiner is wanting.

As I mentioned earlier Ibrox banned the BBC for 7 years.

But they do, this and the CTO forum has for months been banging on about Dodds and criticising the lack of communication yet not a peep from the Courier orThe P & J on the matter, only David Surtherland mentioned the fans discontet on the Fans View the other week.

If the print guys do not subscribe financially to the club then the club can do what they want, if they get banned for telling it like it is their paper would sack them, they're fucked either way.

It's a difficult one. I think some of the positivity from some is just their persona and they have an overly optimistic outlook for some particularly given the last few weeks. I don't think you can do anything about that nor should you do. That's just the way they are.

I do think it's fair to say that we are aware that if we were being excessively critical of the club, players etc. then we might lose access to people at the club which is maybe what a lot of people like to listen to the pod for. So there is a line to tread to some extent.

Of course we're just a small group of folk who like to talk about football in our spare time. We all have jobs that take up a lot of our time as well as other commitments. The pod makes us no money (it does costs us though) and we're just doing it for the enjoyment factor so getting a chance to talk to players and managers has been a nice wee bonus. Interviewing Wyness was a particular highlight for me.

Could we challenge things more when someone like SG comes on? Yeah I think so but at the same time I don't feel we are the ones who have to be putting the club through the ringer when you have journalists and the ST whose job/role it is to ask the difficult questions. We should do when we can but as I say I think it's about finding that balance and I'd like to think that more often than not we do.

It's not your job to ask the hierarchy at the club question that they might not like.

You guys are fellow supporters, just like the rest of us.  You're producing a podcast which is meant as entertainment for your fellow ICT fans, it's not your role to provide communication from the club to the fans.
No ICT fans have been happy with things recently but some of the stick you guys have received at times on social media has been too much, it's not your job to hold the club to account and as fans you've been as p1ss3d off as the rest of us.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Could we challenge things more when someone like SG comes on? Yeah I think so but at the same time I don't feel we are the ones who have to be putting the club through the ringer when you have journalists and the ST whose job/role it is to ask the difficult questions. We should do when we can but as I say I think it's about finding that balance and I'd like to think that more often than not we do.

I’ll just add that I do agree with this. If you get a player or member of staff on you shouldn’t be grilling them for the full interview. Maybe challenge them a bit but nothing too much. That is 100% a job for the press who seem to have no interest in asking those questions.

I was meaning when you are having conversations between yourselves, I presume the whole point of that was you could get your opinions out there no matter what they are, so if you are holding back to try and keep the club happy it seems a bit pointless. That is just my general opinion on any fans podcast for any club so not directing it solely at the Caley one. 

12 hours ago, RiG said:

It's a difficult one. I think some of the positivity from some is just their persona and they have an overly optimistic outlook for some particularly given the last few weeks. I don't think you can do anything about that nor should you do. That's just the way they are.

I do think it's fair to say that we are aware that if we were being excessively critical of the club, players etc. then we might lose access to people at the club which is maybe what a lot of people like to listen to the pod for. So there is a line to tread to some extent.

Of course we're just a small group of folk who like to talk about football in our spare time. We all have jobs that take up a lot of our time as well as other commitments. The pod makes us no money (it does costs us though) and we're just doing it for the enjoyment factor so getting a chance to talk to players and managers has been a nice wee bonus. Interviewing Wyness was a particular highlight for me.

You all do a quality job. The snippets on the Wyness Shuffle are the closest thing we get to communication from the club. 

Noted the Courier running with a story on the Supporters Trust Open fans meeting in the Innes, two weeks after it was first announced on CTO and obviously after Dodds departure.

Also with remarks from Gardiner about fans anger directed at the Board.

So finally after months and months of fans complaining about Dodds and the club the Courier now decides to mentions fans discontent, when by trawling the forums, as they do, they knew fine well what the situation was months ago.

It begs the question as to what they want the people who buy the paper, not me, to know or do they prefer to peddle fairy tales and shite. 

On 17/09/2023 at 23:40, SandyCromarty said:

Watch the team take off now that he's gone.

I appreciate there was an obsession around the former management team from some but hopefully todays result makes the obsessed aware we have other large problems.

The weeds removed, but the roots remain.

On 01/09/2023 at 22:03, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Who the hell is Nikola Ujdur?

On 01/09/2023 at 22:40, Jaffa said:

Whooo remebers when we signed that boy from the 3rd tier of Northern Irish football as this Aussie bloke is giving off similar vibes. 

On 01/09/2023 at 22:55, PB1994 said:

Extremely concerning when a defenders highlight reel starts with him scoring two goals 😂

On 02/09/2023 at 08:43, RiG said:

The Australian Sheep Farmer leagues is definitely where we should be plucking players from to improve our side. 

On 02/09/2023 at 08:52, SandyCromarty said:

Bizarre that a guy has been signed on the strength of some videos and a couple of phone calls.

Surely there are defenders here in Scotland looking for a club without having to pay possible plane and travel expenses.

On 02/09/2023 at 10:20, SandyCromarty said:

So we hire a guy that's cheap and has no mates in Australia.

That stands to sense?

There's a problem with hitching your intellectual wagon to a whim or to likes.

I'm glad that John Robertson spent so much time, air miles, map and compass tracking down this player who looked very assured before running out of energy.

For those that whinge at every turn, I wish you well in your journey.

On 02/09/2023 at 09:10, TheScarf said:

There is but they'll either want too much money or not want to leave their mates in the central belt. 

^^^ Faint praise but at least a recognition of Nikola's ambition. Well done.

I doubt that many of our sage contributors have had the gumption to up sticks as Nikola has.

That he has is a cause for celebration and I'm glad to welcome him to our team.

14 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

How’d the Aussie-Croatian boy get on? 

Wasn’t at the game either but I have been told he looked pretty good but tired in the second half, understandably so, and taken off in the second half because of that.

Just now, PB1994 said:

Wasn’t at the game either but I have been told he looked pretty good but tired in the second half, understandably so, and taken off in the second half because of that.

He put in a good shift and definately played a sweeper between him and Ridgers, happy if he maintains this level bit his next game when fully fit will be the test, the position he fills at the moment is vital and from what I saw he read the opponents strikers and forward line well in the box at corners, he obviously does not know the defense we have coming in so late as he did but I could see elements of command so he has to lay down what he expects, is he a good signing,? so far I think so.

Whoever the next manager is he would do well to work this lad centrally.