• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye great. Can we get some fucking strikers in now please Duncy boy?

Aye, defence really wasn’t the priority. Unless that means we have someone leaving, most likely Boyes.

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Aye, defence really wasn’t the priority. Unless that means we have someone leaving, most likely Boyes.

I hope not and it’s maybe Delaney getting punted or loaned out.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I hope not and it’s maybe Delaney getting punted or loaned out.

That would be the ideal scenario. He’s certainly not come up here to sit on the bench anyway.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Aye great. Can we get some fucking strikers in now please Duncy boy?

This. Massive worry how reliant we are on Billy. The rest are so far off the pace they are a waste of a wage at this level.

Can anyone else think of a time when as a club we relied so much on only one forward player for goals and that there is such a gap to the contribution of the rest (zero). I've always felt in the past if we had an injury, suspensions or needed to change our play there was goals elsewhere.

This season league only - Billy 6 goals, Samuels, lodivica & Sheridan - f**k all

Last season league only - Billy 13, samuels, boyd & Oakley - 5

I do acknowledge we have had some contributions from likes of Shaw and Wortherspoon etc but I consider it a lot of pressure on the midfield to create, assist and have to score just to cover the lack of competence up front due to horrific recruitment overseen by 2 ex-international strikers no less!!!

Oakley never really got a fair crack of the whip, he’s showing at Morton that he’s a good player at this level.

Samuels seems permanently injured.

Lodovica and Boyd just aren’t good enough for this level and Sheridan is past it.

I'm not even sure that Samuels is good enough either. He had a nice purple patch at the end of the 2021/22 (?) season but aside from that he's been pretty average when he's played.

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm not even sure that Samuels is good enough either. He had a nice purple patch at the end of the 2021/22 (?) season but aside from that he's been pretty average when he's played.

Aye that period from about February to May 2022 he, Sutherland and McKay were lethal as a front 3. It's wild that 2 of those 3 are still at the club and we really struggle for goals these days.

The only thing with Samuels is his pace so he offers something different. Gives other teams another thing to think about by running in behind. Would be willing to give him another chance based on that alone to be honest, unless we do bring in a few attacking players during the window.