"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

3 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

I think it’s different for a team like Arbroath because we’re part-time. Twice a week to Edinburgh for training for the Central Belt players and guys going from Dundee is fine. Relocating a full-time club’s day to day operations from the Highlands to a random village in Fife just seems absolutely mental considering that ICT have got themselves to the Prem, Europe and won a Scottish Cup without having to train in the Central Belt. I’d be lapping this up if I was Kelty though tbf I’d imagine it’ll fund a fair few decent signings for them. Might even end up above ICT come the end of the season.

Lets not exaggerate. They're moving their training pitch, not the "full club's day to day operations". All their admin, corporate operations etc will remain at Caley Stadium.

Ultimately is it that different to Rangers training at Murray Park and Celtic at Lennoxtown? Yes, it's an awful lot further away but the 1st team players for many full time clubs are not near their match stadium on other days.

I do appreciate it's a bigger step for a full time club than a part time one though.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think their point is it's an unnecessary move in their case, as money is there but is being poorly used.

Really? The money's there? They reported a £1m loss in the year to May 2022. May 2023 accounts are not yet filed (due next week). Reportedly the year to May 2024 will be horrendous. And they've subsequently been relegated.

It's 100% going to be cheaper to rent facilities at Kelty than to train in Inverness and pay a premium to players to move there. I guess the extent to which any "money is there" is the extent that someone is prepared to cover it. I presume someone is or continuing full time at all is mental.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I work with one of the young/fringe players dads and he just phoned me and sounded like he was about to burst into tears.

Hearing stories myself that the current players haven't been pre-warned about this too. You guys were probably having a clear out anyway but I can see some players asking to be free to leave after this. 

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Or the HFA. Do we ever use it?

Uncle Roy absolutely took you guys to town on that.   You essentially subsidised state of the art training facilities for your nearest rivals and never used it. 

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

What the f**k happens to all the current players based in Inverness?

Well the few we have will be owning their own property here so if they relocate to Kelty five days a week then that will incur extra cost to the club.

Fact is that any young player in the Inverness showing promise will have less of a chance of signing with the club.

The club Directors over the last two seasons have dug deep into their own pockets to financially support the club, now this move won't alleviate or release them from that but with what I can foresee as dramatically falling attendances they will have to dig a lot deeper to fund the club and may end up as that being the only major income the club will see.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

now this move won't alleviate or release them from that but with what I can foresee as dramatically falling attendances

Fans are fickle though, even the die hards saying they will boycott games - if we start the season well and win a few games they will come back. Simply the better the club performs the more fair weather bums on seats

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Depends if the Fife bairns are partial to sledging or not

Falkirk fans' neck veins were about to pop for a second.

42 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Thread renaming should be almost easy, KICT thread - the wtf years

Well, they are about.to be KICT out the Championshipmforum  amirite?

36 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Kelty tweet suggests this has been in pipeline for a while, utterly bizarre.

Obviously. Inverness statement said as much - the relegation was an awkward turn of events rather than the reason

3 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Fans are fickle though, even the die hards saying they will boycott games - if we start the season well and win a few games they will come back. Simply the better the club performs the more fair weather bums on seats

I'm sure that that is how Gardiner has sold this move to the Board, on a gamble much as getting bums on seats for the Concert fiasco.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Lets not exaggerate. They're moving their training pitch, not the "full club's day to day operations". All their admin, corporate operations etc will remain at Caley Stadium.

Ultimately is it that different to Rangers training at Murray Park and Celtic at Lennoxtown? Yes, it's an awful lot further away but the 1st team players for many full time clubs are not near their match stadium on other days.

I do appreciate it's a bigger step for a full time club than a part time one though.

From the statement it reads that the footballing side will be completely run from Kelty.

Really? The money's there? They reported a £1m loss in the year to May 2022. May 2023 accounts are not yet filed (due next week). Reportedly the year to May 2024 will be horrendous. And they've subsequently been relegated.

It's 100% going to be cheaper to rent facilities at Kelty than to train in Inverness and pay a premium to players to move there. I guess the extent to which any "money is there" is the extent that someone is prepared to cover it. I presume someone is or continuing full time at all is mental.

These losses have been covered by directors and other backers, who we presumably now owe the money to.  This is the only reason we haven't gone into admin and is apparently the reason that our current board are still in place.  The rumours are that the Alan Savage / Dougie MacGilvary faction want to take over but don't want to pay off the debts owed to the current board.

The universally negative reaction to this means I think that our revenue from season tickets will be significantly impacted.  

38 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I know County maintain a pile of houses in Inverness for that reason. I assume Inverness probably do too? That's why both clubs have more English / foreign players than typical in Scotland. It also makes it far less likely any experienced player with a family is going to move there.

We own some flats near the city centre for players to use and I believe Charlie and Ryan Christie also own a fair few houses that are used for players to move into when they sign.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

We own some flats near the city centre for players to use and I believe Charlie and Ryan Christie also own a fair few houses that are used for players to move into when they sign.

I know for a fact the club owns 2 houses in Cradlehall also.

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Uncle Roy absolutely took you guys to town on that.   You essentially subsidised state of the art training facilities for your nearest rivals and never used it. 

Uncle Roy is a menace to society. Saw he was recharging his evil batteries yesterday.

Screenshot-2024-05-24-131919.png

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ultimately is it that different to Rangers training at Murray Park and Celtic at Lennoxtown?  

A wee bit - its equivalent to Rangers or Celtic training in Kendal or Mallaig.

Based on the level of interest across all fans over the last few weeks in Caley, its fair to say that its been a long time since League One has seen such a box office club

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

This isn't nearly as stupid as Clydebank announcing they'll be moving to Dublin.

Was that not Kilnockie FC? 

6 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Uncle Roy is a menace to society. Saw he was recharging his evil batteries yesterday.

Screenshot-2024-05-24-131919.png

Hope Roy washed his hands after that. Boke.

And, er, batteries you say...

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Hope Roy washed his hands after that. Boke.

ironically their creepy gazing at each other might suggest its more concerning what their hidden hands are up to that you can see

Edited by bdu98196