"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

2 hours ago, Chicken Soup said:

Rumours that we (Morton) have offered a contract to Zak Delaney, who played for us as a trialist on Saturday. Seemed to play a lot for you before being let go. Is he championship standard? 

Hard to say really, his first season he  we were absolutely fucked by injuries at times but he seemed to do well at left back but got bullied when played at centre half. 

Never really got a sniff after Ferguson came in. Not sure how he done at Arbroath but think he got injured early on 

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

A much better performance compared to Saturday. However Keith Bray is not the answer for right wing back. He’s a good player but that’s not his position. Midfield will be run over most weeks in League 1 if we don’t bring people in. Cairns will win a Ballon D’or.

Calum MacKay and Ethan Cairns with great link up play again for the former to score the third. Billy McKay scored a peach of a volley for the first but Calum MacLeod in centre mid was man of the match for me. He absolutely strolled it. I thought we might lose tonight but some poor finishing stopped it from being a proper bodying. 

I'm either blind, can't count or know absolutely fuck all about football (any of those 3 are entirely plausible) but we definitely started with a back 4 last night of Davidson, Devine, Savage and Strachan, yet I've seen comments stating we're still playing a 532/352 variation.  It may have changed after the 49 subs we made during the game, but it was a back 4 in the first half.

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm either blind, can't count or know absolutely f**k all about football (any of those 3 are entirely plausible) but we definitely started with a back 4 last night of Davidson, Devine, Savage and Strachan, yet I've seen comments stating we're still playing a 532/352 variation.  It may have changed after the 49 subs we made during the game, but it was a back 4 in the first half.

I thought we started with a 5 😂. Savage, Davidson and Devine were all lined up at centre back at kick off. With Bray and Strachan in the wing back roles.

It’s definitely different to last year though. Strachan played more as a left winger and Savage as a left back getting forward a lot too. Can see why some would say it was a 4 and some a 5 tbh.

Edited by PB1994

The accounts are now filed.  Don't look great.

Over £500k loss despite getting to the Scottish Cup final

Directors put in over £1.3m

Audit report identified a material uncertaintly relating to going concern.

Edited by Buzz Killington
more detail

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Is it bad I expected the losses to be much worse? 

Wow. Just think if they’d managed to get £200k from actually being arsed to offer Cammy a contract before he left. Absolute muppets. 

4 minutes ago, Ott said:

Wow. Just think if they’d managed to get £200k from actually being arsed to offer Cammy a contract before he left. Absolute muppets. 

That still wouldn't have shown up in those accounts but the point stands.

4 minutes ago, Ott said:

Thats the thing that’s annoyed me most, Harper became probably one of the best products of our youth system in recent years and they’ve not even bothered their arses to offer him a deal. 

Morrison/Gardiner et al have been chasing these big long shot money making schemes. Concerts, battery farms etc but can’t even take care of stuff that will earn the club a fair bit albeit not life changing sums but still money that could, I dunno maybe pay for Doran’s surgery?

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Is it bad I expected the losses to be much worse? 

The prize money alone from your Scottish Cup run was £500K before even considering TV money and gate receipts, so you'd have been well over £1M if it wasn't for Queen's Park.

Considering that last season you've not had the cup run and you've paid a manager off, the next accounts are going to be considerably worse.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'm either blind, can't count or know absolutely f**k all about football (any of those 3 are entirely plausible) but we definitely started with a back 4 last night of Davidson, Devine, Savage and Strachan, yet I've seen comments stating we're still playing a 532/352 variation.  It may have changed after the 49 subs we made during the game, but it was a back 4 in the first half.

The team started as a 532 and changed to a 4231 around the 75 minute mark 

2 minutes ago, Bobby1994 said:

The team started as a 532 and changed to a 4231 around the 75 minute mark 

Davidson and Strachan were level with Devine and Savage when Nairn had the ball, that's a back 4. Bray and Thompson appeared to be the width with the 2 full back providing overlaps when in possession.