"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

9 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

Defamation. No slander or libel in Scots Law.

Always think you have the best username on his site. 🤣

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

Savage saying that he has had to pay money to Puma for merchandise which may tally with the rumours that our new strips haven't turned up because Gardiner didn't pay for them.

Courier reporting clerical error the reason for appointment and termination of Savage as director. He is not a director and someone assumed he was to be.

39 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Courier reporting clerical error the reason for appointment and termination of Savage as director. He is not a director and someone assumed he was to be.

As I suggested yesterday, someone got too excited.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Makwana strongly made out it was his doing, it was daft to take anything he says seriously of course.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

People freaking out thinking Gardiner pulled the rug from under the club & gave Ketan "the keys" like a soap villian. Picturing him driving away in his wife's car smirking away 

“On Wednesday, we found out we owed (kit supplier) Puma £60,000 for last season alone.

“It seems £120,000 of kit had been ordered and our new CEO Charlie Christie cannot yet get the details of what’s been ordered. It’s been over-ordered.

I did like the idea of income diversification. We don't make enough from the footballing side of things so why not try something else? The only problem was it was run by some of the most incompetent people going and everything that they touched turned into a bin fire and we are far worse off for it. So now we should get back to basics and focus on the footballing side of things and hopefully we will start to see some improvement soon...

Was trying to find out who the Portuguese investors were. From the mention of also owning AC Monza. (Though that's not complete, still under the burlusconi family)

Could we be about to become part of Evanglos Marinakis' football empire? Currently including olympiacos Nottingham forest and rio Ave. The Portuguese investment could mean not a direct buyout, but some kind of deal with rio Ave 

Any investors I expect will want some kind of return or output and not be just donating. Savage is heavily involved with engineering so I wouldn't be shocked of we see some kind of deal with foreign investment along that theme.

Whatever comes in then it'll be more transparent and stable than the previous disasters. But as posted those ideas were not bad just badly executed by incompetent people and Savage will recognise that.

39 minutes ago, RiG said:

I did like the idea of income diversification. We don't make enough from the footballing side of things so why not try something else? The only problem was it was run by some of the most incompetent people going and everything that they touched turned into a bin fire and we are far worse off for it. So now we should get back to basics and focus on the footballing side of things and hopefully we will start to see some improvement soon...

The impression I got was that the run-of-the-mill commercial stuff was ignored at the expense of harebrained "get rich quick... eventually" schemes. 

Just now, bdu98196 said:

Any investors I expect will want some kind of return or output and not be just donating. Savage is heavily involved with engineering so I wouldn't be shocked of we see some kind of deal with foreign investment along that theme.

Whatever comes in then it'll be more transparent and stable than the previous disasters. But as posted those ideas were not bad just badly executed by incompetent people and Savage will recognise that.

Savage has mentioned Kenny Cameron having property ideas and it’s not unusual for football clubs to diversify as @RiG alluded to. It just had to be done not by world class morons.

31 minutes ago, RiG said:

You'd think after the car park scheme went down the swanee they could think about renting spaces for camper vans, maybe opening up the bar for them and a wee shop selling essentials. A few smaller ventures rather than putting all their eggs in a couple of magical money trees. If it got popular they might have to tell them to GTF on match days though.

36 minutes ago, RiG said:

Agreed. Trying to put on concerts isn’t really that bad an idea and to an extent the battery farm thing wasn’t either. It’s just been a complete half arsed job by Gardiner etc who thought they knew better than everyone else. 

Good to see Savage and Christie has given Ferguson a bit of a kick up the arse saying the squad is good enough for promotion and playing attacking football. Hopefully that means we don’t see 5 at the back on Saturday, not hold my breath.