"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

In the last couple of days on this thread you've been talking about Steve Clarke, policewomen in Dundee, and outside toilets in Roman times.  So no, it's most definitely not obvious.

If you were to stich his recent comments together they would read like a manifesto left behind by a mass shooter.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

34 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

If you were to stich his recent comments together they would read like a manifesto left behind by a mass shooter.

Or a Reform candidates manifesto.

6 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Irn Bru cup next wknd which I really would like us to do well and show some desire to win the trophy but starting a very strong team, however I suspect we will be ripped off paying the £15 to watch Dunc put out a full youth team (akin to NoS cup) which will get hammered just to affirm his position of youths not being good enough. Nothing based on balanced representation but all around destroying confidence to fuel his ego and prove a (half arsed) point

The club should really go for it IMO cause you now get £100k for winning it & £60k for being runners up. About £30-£40k for reaching the Semis. The club obviously needs as much money as it can get so why not? Certainly miles better then the measly £17.5k you used to get for winning it. 

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

In the last couple of days on this thread you've been talking about Steve Clarke, policewomen in Dundee, and outside toilets in Roman times.  So no, it's most definitely not obvious.

In fairness to Sandy at least he’s staying ‘on brand’ with the ICT style in recent years of batshit crazy statements you’d expect someones mad aunt to come out with.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Looking back you feel that season was probably our best chance of promotion until COVID put a spanner in the works. That was easily the best team we had assembled since relegation to the second tier.

You got to wonder how we would've got on in the play offs we were looking pretty good for 2nd. If only lockdown happened in June or late May😆. The following season was pretty meh beating County was certainly the main highlight from that campaign. f**king Covid. 

Because Ross Morrison has more money than sense. The lack of sense being continuing to employ Scot Gardiner and letting him try his best to kill the club whilst Morrison’s fellow board members stood there and watched.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Read again, slowly, and you'll see I was referring to Scottish football in general.

I went back over it again and again before I posted thinking what has this to do with us and why us currently in L1?

You do understand that Stein managed in a completely different era and that winning a major European trophy was easy back then in comparison as Celtic only had to beat about 4 teams to make the final where as now it seems like teams have to preliminary  preliminary  qualify for a preliminary qualifying playoff round to qualify for a preliminary qualifying 1st round to get into a qualifying 1st round, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and then playoff against some chump team dumped out of the Champions League that are about 2000 places above us in ranking before playing in a group stage. Achieve that now as a Scottish team and that is called a European run, boss level.

Looking back now thinking Scott Gardiner behaved like a gambling addict, getting deep and deeper in trouble but in complete denial.

This probably explains opening the door to the fraudster. 

Gardiner should have been binned a lot earlier, this situation was rotting.

I would like to see how Big Dunc gets on with out Gardiner around, fair play to him taking a big cut. He's got a lot to prove as a manager, he could have walked away but he didn't. Given the flack he gets from us again fair play to him, he sending out the right message there to the support that he cares about the club and its future. Some might not agree but if he's willing to do that then I'd be happy to give him a chance to prove he can do a good job for us as manager of our football club and get us back up into the Championship.

2 minutes ago, The Black Flag said:

Looking back now thinking Scott Gardiner behaved like a gambling addict, getting deep and deeper in trouble but in complete denial.

This probably explains opening the door to the fraudster. 

Gardiner should have been binned a lot earlier, this situation was rotting.

I would like to see how Big Dunc gets on with out Gardiner around, fair play to him taking a big cut. He's got a lot to prove as a manager, he could have walked away but he didn't. Given the flack he gets from us again fair play to him, he sending out the right message there to the support that he cares about the club and its future. Some might not agree but if he's willing to do that then I'd be happy to give him a chance to prove he can do a good job for us as manager of our football club and get us back up into the Championship.

If he really cared about the club he would resign and take that p***k Bollan with him. 

Edited by Worktheshaft

7 hours ago, Buzz Killington said:

5 years ago today

I remember watching the first half of that then walking to the pub to meet my mates. When they said Caley were 4 up I thought they were taking the piss :lol:

A side note, how good are those highlights? Now we get utter shite filmed on what I can only assume is some sort of Nokia from 2003

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Signing kids from Barclays youth sides worked so well for us last year.

The only saving grace I can think of is we’re playing far shitter teams this season.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The only saving grace I can think of is we’re playing far shitter teams this season.

Plus Sir Alex must have had a hand in this deal. He won’t be sending up some joker to help us.

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We’ve signed some 11 year old from Man United.

18 year old James Nolan, aaaaaaanother defender. We have more defenders than any other club in Scotland, surely?

I see the owner of Liverpool FC's yacht was seen in the Moray Firth on wee tour around the North. Stopped off at Lossiemouth and the Football club there gave John W Henry a Lossiemouth football top. Imagine slight bias towards teams that play in all red. Probably saw the floodlights of the Caley Stadium and asked 'whos that?''

I'd imagine a certain Lossiemouth supporting poster on here would find this very pleasing.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/billionaire-liverpool-fc-owner-s-superyacht-spotted-east-of-359888/

Edited by CityDave94