"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

People obsession with loan players is completely mental. No professional footballer wants a relegation on their cv. These players are here to prove a point to their parent club or another club and it ain’t going to look good for them if they have been relegated.

They are exactly the same as permanent players. If a team gets relegated literally any player can say nah I don’t fancy that and bugger off, under contract or not.

The problem is that the players that have been brought in are, at most, not any better than the players we already had. We didn’t bring in a proper replacement for Wotherspoon. That’s the reason we are still down at the bottom of the table.

The aim when Ferguson took over was to stay up, it always was. People looking at promotion playoffs were off their head. The squad has never been good enough and we would have been 10th with Dodds in charge.

Ferguson deserves his fair share of criticism for the recruitment in January and the Tactics/style of play when we play at home and quite rightly should be sacked if we get relegated but if he keeps us up (don’t give a f**k if this is by finishing 8th or through the play offs) then it’s very much job done. Do I have confidence we will stay up? Not really but now isn’t the time to start throwing your toys out of the pram. Get behind the team for the last few games and hope we can get out of this mess.

Edited by PB1994

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

6 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

Loanee players can shrug their shoulders and go back to their clubs in the summer and put it down to a bad experience. Contracted 1st team players who were pushed out by preference from the manager will have given up knowing they are not wanted and be looking around for another club next season. I very much think the momentum and positive mental attitude is going to be with the L1 club even Montrose and the possibility of a humiliating gubbing over 2 legs is very much real. I didn't think it could get any worse than with Dodds at the start of the season, but here we are now in that position for this event to take place.

Our game on Saturday will be the most important game in the club's history up to this point. Must win, a draw is not good enough.

We're not THAT bad to be fair we've got one of the best defences in the league it's our midfield & Attack that have really hampered us this season so I can't see us getting thrashed 3-0.  However I can see us losing 1-0 or going out on penalties cause we can't score or get a grip of the midfield. The loan players won't be wanting ICT to go down  it's not a good look for them same with any other player that's wanting to leave. Keep the club up go onto your next chapter knowing you did your job 👏 your next manager can see that as well. 

If Dodds was still in charge Arbroath would still be in with a chance of staying up. Ferguson isn't miles better but he's picked up points Dodds would've lost 

The lack of a Wotherspoon replacement is what has killed us. Sean McAllister was supposed to be that. He could simply play Roddy MacGregor which is incredibly frustrating

And I think I know a good striker when I see one... Alex Samuel!!! 

That some of you idiots were ripping the piss off him, religion etc etc.

Daftness all of ya!!!!

Pray to Sonam you idiots!!!

4 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Daftness all of ya!!!!

2/10 on the gimmick poster scale. Must do much, much better.

The reason we have loads of loan players is that just about everyone we signed from the summer of 2021 has been complete garbage. I posted a list of them earlier in this thread, appalling read.

Sadly a lot of the loan players appear to be complete garbage as well or at least injury prone, not what we are looking for.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The reason we have loads of loan players is that just about everyone we signed from the summer of 2021 has been complete garbage. I posted a list of them earlier in this thread, appalling read.

Sadly a lot of the loan players appear to be complete garbage as well or at least injury prone, not what we are looking for.

That is very true.

Both players and the club would have been daft to want permanent deals in January too. The club wouldn’t have been offering 18 month deals to players on the chance we do end up in league 1 and you could imagine players wouldn’t be too keen to potentially commit to a year in League 1 as well.

That would leave you offering 6 month deals which is exactly the same as bringing in someone on loan and probably more expensive.

Having a squad full of loan players is hardly ideal for team building purposes but the lack of motivation angle is atrocious.

In all seriousness what are the plans from your highly respected Mr Gardiner in regards to the financial restructure?

Part time? Pulling community operations? Less Staff at the club including Match day and Administration?

Obviously the mooting for a fan representative on the board would create a bid of transparency but even from across the bridge I am not too hopeful on that happening.   

42 minutes ago, Super Staggie said:

In all seriousness what are the plans from your highly respected Mr Gardiner in regards to the financial restructure?

Part time? Pulling community operations? Less Staff at the club including Match day and Administration?

Obviously the mooting for a fan representative on the board would create a bid of transparency but even from across the bridge I am not too hopeful on that happening.   

First part of any restructuring should be getting Gardiner to f**k. 

13 hours ago, Fraz said:

First part of any restructuring should be getting Gardiner to f**k. 

You are Rangers in disguise!!! 

Evil!!! 

17 hours ago, Sonam said:

Daftness all of ya!!!!

16 hours ago, Sonam said:

Pray to County, otherwise you'd be down. Daft c***s!!!

49 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Evil!!! 

Any chance of this absolute weirdo fucking off?

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

Any chance of this absolute weirdo fucking off?

You might want to check the cancer thread and cut the poster a break

4 hours ago, Sonam said:

Evil!!! 

We're going to need a bigger trophy room then.

btw £30 now for the orange away shirt in the club shop XXXXXL ???

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

Since it's in your neck of the woods, thought the distraction might be amusing...Strathspey Railway now and then video.

There’s a gey wheen boats at the harbour mou’,
And eh! dae ya see the cruisers?
The cinnamon drop I was sookin’ the noo
Has tummelt an’ stuck tae ma troosers. . .
I’ll sune be ringin’ ma Gran’ma’s bell,
She’ll cry, ‘Come ben, my laddie’,
For I ken mysel’ by the queer-like smell
That the next stop’s Kirkcaddy!