29 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I've never actually looked at our accounts, but I'd imagine the owner would still be keen on getting bums on seats in respect to catering revenue?

What Ron will take notice of is a downturn in Corporate Hospitality revenue.  Corporate clients and Box Holders can easily take their business elsewhere.  If you do hospitality at ER then there are other options out there such as Murrayfield for the egg chasing (not my thing but if there's booze on the go then I'll happily go) or Musselburgh for the nags that will give your clients a good day out. 

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Nohan saying his Twitter was hacked :lol: 

As a leading member of Anonymous, can confirm we were hacking Hibs accounts to get them to like Hearts content all night.

There might even be a sensible opnion coming from Tam McManus tonight, though that's a 27 man job

26 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

As a leading member of Anonymous, can confirm we were hacking Hibs accounts to get them to like Hearts content all night.

There might even be a sensible opnion coming from Tam McManus tonight, though that's a 27 man job

If you can hack Ian Gordon's twitter account then go ahead. 

With Johnson surely getting his jotters shortly how would Hibs fans be about Martindale? Seems to know how to run the football side of a club at multiple levels which seems to be seriously lacking at Hibs. Also isn’t adverse to the obscure scouting being adopted at present . I feel hes overdue a chance at a bigger club and Hibs could do well with his experience n Scottish football also.

21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

With Johnson surely getting his jotters shortly how would Hibs fans be about Martindale? Seems to know how to run the football side of a club at multiple levels which seems to be seriously lacking at Hibs. Also isn’t adverse to the obscure scouting being adopted at present . I feel hes overdue a chance at a bigger club and Hibs could do well with his experience n Scottish football also.

He would be an excellent manager, not sure he would pass the "rigorous selection process" that our dipshit board think they have in place...............

34 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hibs are currently looking for a director of football so may seek a "head coach" figure more than a general manager to replace Johnson (if sacked). Maloney and Johnson are both young managers that arrived from recent work outside Scotland. The Hibs chairman maybe has a preferred profile there which Martindale obviously doesn't fit.

Why I've jumped in here, though, is to give my take on Martindale and other jobs generally. The level of control he now has at Livi and the level of trust he's built up there has been long won and hard won. He'd have to start from scratch again trying to get all that elsewhere with no guarantee he ever would. A perfect storm came together for him to succeed at Livi and it's potentially not even repeatable. He's also not got an independent media and public following from his playing career how other managers do. Brand Martindale is entirely tied to his recent success at Livi. One f**k up at a job at another club and that'd be him gone and forgotten. The offer it'd take from another club would have to meet a lot of criteria to tempt him to take the risk.

42 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Hibs are currently looking for a director of football so may seek a "head coach" figure more than a general manager to replace Johnson (if sacked). Maloney and Johnson are both young managers that arrived from recent work outside Scotland. The Hibs chairman maybe has a preferred profile there which Martindale obviously doesn't fit.

Why I've jumped in here, though, is to give my take on Martindale and other jobs generally. The level of control he now has at Livi and the level of trust he's built up there has been long won and hard won. He'd have to start from scratch again trying to get all that elsewhere with no guarantee he ever would. A perfect storm came together for him to succeed at Livi and it's potentially not even repeatable. He's also not got an independent media and public following from his playing career how other managers do. Brand Martindale is entirely tied to his recent success at Livi. One f**k up at a job at another club and that'd be him gone and forgotten. The offer it'd take from another club would have to meet a lot of criteria to tempt him to take the risk.

Was going to post more or less the same thing. He'd be insane to leave the good thing he has at Livi to go to a club that sacked a guy who got them to two cup finals and into Europe, sacked his replacement after a few months, and now look likely to sack HIS replacement after less than a season.

32 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

That's a fair analysis tbh but I think given he has managed to keep Livingston above the likes of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen over the years for a fraction of their budgets shows he wouldn't be starting from scratch as his success affords him a bit more trust at this level. Like most bigger clubs more things will be delegated but I'm guessing he knows this through his project management stuff.

43 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Was going to post more or less the same thing. He'd be insane to leave the good thing he has at Livi to go to a club that sacked a guy who got them to two cup finals and into Europe, sacked his replacement after a few months, and now look likely to sack HIS replacement after less than a season.

Arguably the only harsh sacking there is Jack Ross.

3 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Arguably the only harsh sacking there is Jack Ross.

I'd agree Ross was harsh and ill-advised. The other two depend how you look at them.

Maloney just had his feet under the desk, and we'll never know. Johnson seems like he should never have taken the job in the first place, but I think we're at the point now where it's really obvious that the coaches aren't the problem.

No reason to believe the next guy won't just be set up to fail as well.

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'd agree Ross was harsh and ill-advised. The other two depend how you look at them.

Maloney just had his feet under the desk, and we'll never know. Johnson seems like he should never have taken the job in the first place, but I think we're at the point now where it's really obvious that the coaches aren't the problem.

No reason to believe the next guy won't just be set up to fail as well.

The way we have been setup since Ian Gordon stepped into recruitment has been a shambles, that can’t be denied. I’d be more inclined to have a bit more sympathy for Maloney than Johnson.

Maloney got one January window where we sold our best player and signed a few youngsters on loan that Ian Gordon found on Wyscout.

Johnson had all summer, was heavily involved in most if not all recruitment and signed about fifteen players. His team is a disaster defensively and he can’t fix it. Pumped out of both cups first time of asking. Any semi competent manager gets us out that league cup group stage ffs! 

12 minutes ago, Zing. said:

The way we have been setup since Ian Gordon stepped into recruitment has been a shambles, that can’t be denied. I’d be more inclined to have a bit more sympathy for Maloney than Johnson.

Maloney got one January window where we sold our best player and signed a few youngsters on loan that Ian Gordon found on Wyscout.

Johnson had all summer, was heavily involved in most if not all recruitment and signed about fifteen players. His team is a disaster defensively and he can’t fix it. Pumped out of both cups first time of asking. Any semi competent manager gets us out that league cup group stage ffs! 

Johnson is an interesting character. He started his managerial career with three really good jobs, and was a real star on the rise. He's also shown he can recover from a difficult start, like he did at Bristol City, and he can turn round clubs that are really struggling. For all that he talks a bit of shite, and he carries himself awkwardly at times, I really don't think we can say he's not good enough to coach Hibs, or that he doesn't have the attributes they need just now. He does.

But he's taken two bad jobs in a row. Sunderland and Hibs are very similar. Big enough clubs that loads of coaches are sure they'll be the guy to go in and make a success of it, but the list of casualties is lengthy, because they are badly run. I think Johnson will either get sacked or quit. I've thought since his interview post-Falkirk that he wouldn't see out the season. But I'm not sure Hibs will be any better off for him leaving.

Said the same on the Aberdeen thread about Cowley, but most of my mates who are EFL fans would be quite chuffed if their club hired him, and he'll get a job down south pretty sharpish.

26 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Johnson is an interesting character. He started his managerial career with three really good jobs, and was a real star on the rise. He's also shown he can recover from a difficult start, like he did at Bristol City, and he can turn round clubs that are really struggling. For all that he talks a bit of shite, and he carries himself awkwardly at times, I really don't think we can say he's not good enough to coach Hibs, or that he doesn't have the attributes they need just now. He does.

But he's taken two bad jobs in a row. Sunderland and Hibs are very similar. Big enough clubs that loads of coaches are sure they'll be the guy to go in and make a success of it, but the list of casualties is lengthy, because they are badly run. I think Johnson will either get sacked or quit. I've thought since his interview post-Falkirk that he wouldn't see out the season. But I'm not sure Hibs will be any better off for him leaving.

Said the same on the Aberdeen thread about Cowley, but most of my mates who are EFL fans would be quite chuffed if their club hired him, and he'll get a job down south pretty sharpish.

I’m struggling to see what attributes he’s got that we need to be honest. He’s so far come across as unbelievably out of his depth and will blame everyone and everything else but himself. His team are shipping soft goals every week and he has no answer to it but to play exactly the same way. 

Can see why fans of Bristol City and Sunderland hated him.

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

I’m struggling to see what attributes he’s got that we need to be honest. He’s so far come across as unbelievably out of his depth and will blame everyone and everything else but himself. His team are shipping soft goals every week and he has no answer to it but to play exactly the same way. 

Can see why fans of Bristol City and Sunderland hated him.

Have you ever met a Bristol City or Sunderland fan?

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Have you ever met a Bristol City or Sunderland fan?

There’s these things called forums. Good for getting some insight on what to expect from a manager.

I look forward to hearing about what attributes he can bring to the job that he’s so carefully hidden away thus far.  

Edited by Zing.

5 minutes ago, Zing. said:

There’s these things called forums. Good for getting some insight on what to expect from a manager. 

No, I mean they're fucking lunatics.

I can understand the Sunderland fans. They're angry about everything. But Johnson did good things for Bristol City after a very rough start, and only a pure choob (most of their fans) wouldn't see that.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

No, I mean they're fucking lunatics.

I can understand the Sunderland fans. They're angry about everything. But Johnson did good things for Bristol City after a very rough start, and only a pure choob (most of their fans) wouldn't see that.

Not to dredge up that Bristol City post from a couple of pages back but I think the Bristol City success has to be tempered with the fact that he was given a fair amount of money to work with, being that the owner also owns Hargreaves Lansdowne and apparently is very good friends with Johnson's father, also a former Bristol City manager.

You're right to say that there are problems at Hibs beyond the manager, but out of the last three we've had I think this fella here is the worst of the lot and I'd like to think I'm not speaking with recency bias. 

I'm still happy to give him until the end of the season as I don't think he'll relegate us. Also It'd be helpful if this DoF has enough time to properly assess the situation and find a suitable replacement before sacking him and giving David Gray another depressing spring cleaning job.