5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Sorry was Daryl Duffy that we got on loan to replace Stokes.  

He wasn't backed at all Yogi.  The players you mention he brought none of them to the club.     We sold Zemmama Bamba and Stokes in the same window, our two best players and replaced with jobbers.  The sacked Yogi and brought in Coco the clown and his bag of sweets act. 

Agree. He had to beg Petrie for the money to sign Trakys, which was around £55k as I recall. 

In other news, a Swansea shareholder advises me that they've paid only £450k for Myko. Apparently Hibs were prepared to pay more for Vente than Myko, due to the recurring medial ligament damage that Myko has suffered through the past 2.5 seasons. 

5 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

No but Stokes and Miller, and others who were important players, were. They were added to an already relatively strong squad, thereby giving Yogi a significantly stronger squad than the previous year or, tbh looking back, any other team outside the OF that year.

Fully agree that in that second season he wasn't backed but given the mess he'd made of the previous season I wouldn't have either. I understand your points but I find the number of Hibs fans who feel that he and Lennon were hard done by when both of them delivered nothing but half a season of good football with excellent squads is baffling to me. 

Compared with  Mixu before and Coco/Fenlon/Butcher he wasn't the worst by a country mile.  Sacked far too soon for me - just like Jack Ross. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Agree. He had to beg Petrie for the money to sign Trakys, which was around £55k as I recall. 

In other news, a Swansea shareholder advises me that they've paid only £450k for Myko. Apparently Hibs were prepared to pay more for Vente than Myko, due to the recurring medial ligament damage that Myko has suffered through the past 2.5 seasons. 

Good insight mate cheers for sharing.  Would have had my reservations on Myko long term too if the plans to play then sell because of the injuries. 

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Compared with  Mixu before and Coco/Fenlon/Butcher he wasn't the worst by a country mile.  Sacked far too soon for me - just like Jack Ross. 

Fair enough mate,  I would put 4 league wins in 22 games (14 losses) well within the bracket of happy to sack him territory. Agree that Fenlon and Butcher were no better, but feel Mixu in particular was put in a hard position as the first of the post- "Golden Generation" era

4 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

Fair enough mate,  I would put 4 league wins in 22 games (14 losses) well within the bracket of happy to sack him territory. Agree that Fenlon and Butcher were no better, but feel Mixu in particular was put in a hard position as the first of the post- "Golden Generation" era

Agree re Mixu but the football was shite even with Fletch there was punt all the time to him and Nish.  Calderwood was much worse than Yogi too.    Grim days that I can now blank completely in the comfort of 21/05/16.  

I feel at once envious and sympathetic towards those Hibs fans who can remember the whole 2000s, non-Mowbray era, as anything other than a big garbled mess of insidious shite. I'm almost certain that Fenlon, Butcher, Yogi, Collins and Calderwood are the same person. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Tappin said:

That's good information. Personally I'd have preferred Myko as I think he has a more physical aspect to his game and is thus a different threat to deal with than Boyle/Youann, I have a feeling that Vente might just be abit too similar in profile but we'll see. That said I was slightly worried when we were after him that it might be another Kyle Magennis situation, good player but infrequently seen, and as such it would be worth casting the net wider. 

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Agree re Mixu but the football was shite even with Fletch there was punt all the time to him and Nish.  Calderwood was much worse than Yogi too.    Grim days that I can now blank completely in the comfort of 21/05/16.  

The football was brutal under Mixu. Seem to remember he did well against Hearts playing horrible football and launching it up to Fletcher but against teams who could actually pass the ball (like Killie at the time) they would rip us apart. My mate insisted that watching Hibs under Mixu gave him an ulcer.

Mixu was mutually consented because season ticket sales nosedived. It was a common opinion at the time that it was eye bleeding stuff.

He also thought Ross Chisholm, David Van Zanten and John Rankin were acceptable first team players for a club that want to qualify for Europe more often than not.  

40 minutes ago, Judy Murray said:

Can any season ticket holders tell me if they got anything through so they can add a digital season ticket to their phone?

I renewed ages ago and can't mind if I got anything and can't find anything in my emails.

Yep, came thru quite a while back, lemme check emails.

eta - 27th June my digital one arrived

Edited by Leith Green

10 hours ago, Leith Green said:

If finishing 3rd was all about the forward line - maybe.

However I think we are still pretty thin in defence (algthough Fish returning is a real plus) where we are still heavily reliant on Stevenson and Hanlon.......and the least said about Marshall the better.

I also have some reservations in midfield, where we have good players, but not necessarily ones who can play well together.

In summary, I suspect we will win some matches well, and lose matches to some of the better teams.

tldr - No sure I feel we are serious contenders yet.

If Youann learned when to pass and when to shoot he'd be some player. 

Boyle is sufficiently fast that he causes problems at this level.

This other guy is a massive unknown. It is undeniably a great front 3, potentially. But last season it was night and day with/without Nisbet.

2 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

Can any season ticket holders tell me if they got anything through so they can add a digital season ticket to their phone?

I renewed ages ago and can't mind if I got anything and can't find anything in my emails.

My digital one arrived on the 3rd of July. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Great news if after all that spending we get another top up. Would have been handy to have earlier though, we're still fairly short of central strikers available to play and whom are good, Myko and Vente would have been ideal. Similarly the idea of Terry Taylor was fairly intriguing as Jeggo competition. 

Alas. 

11 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

I feel at once envious and sympathetic towards those Hibs fans who can remember the whole 2000s, non-Mowbray era, as anything other than a big garbled mess of insidious shite. I'm almost certain that Fenlon, Butcher, Yogi, Collins and Calderwood are the same person. 

Collins won us the League Cup so he gets pass marks for that. But he did sign some utter shite. 

14 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Great news if after all that spending we get another top up. Would have been handy to have earlier though, we're still fairly short of central strikers available to play and whom are good, Myko and Vente would have been ideal. Similarly the idea of Terry Taylor was fairly intriguing as Jeggo competition. 

Alas. 

It would be great if a certain amount of any sell on fee was used for more squad strengthening but after all the investment this summer wouldn't be surprised if the club banks it.

Playing fantasy football and assuming there was a decent chunk made available then Bacchus and Nouble would be guys I'd look at. Not sure we need an out and out centre forward unless Vente ends up with Nisbet-esque injury issues, and signing a quality wide forward would allow one of Boyle and Youan to play up front if absolutely required.

That being said if we're left in a situation where ALF is anything other than a good finisher to throw on if we need a goal/to give Vente a rest at the end of a game I'll be disappointed 

Hibs Manager Win % League Table Since The Turn Of The Century (More than 15 matches)

Stubbs 58.00*

Ross 48.96

Mowbray 48.15

Lennon 47.97*

McLeish 47.24*

Collins 42.59

Johnson 39.53

Williamson 37.36

Fenlon 35.63

Yogi 35.19

Heckingbottom 34.38

Maloney 31.58