On 02/02/2024 at 16:57, Tommy Tappin said:

I wasn't doing a superior supporter bit. I was asking why the disconnect. You've said why and now I'm asking, how is it any different/worse than previously when in many respects we're better off than we used to be in the Petrie/Farmer age? 

In the Petrie/Farmer age we didn’t have a CEO that tan behaves like a snake oil salesman and swans around the Albion Bar telling fans information that he shouldn’t be every home game.

We may have been utterly shite at points but we never had a team that all 11 players on the pitch didn’t give a single f**k, the only 2 that do are well into their 30’s and no longer good enough (and rarely play).

Even in the days of Fenlon/Calderwood you had your McPakes, O’Connor’s, Sproule’s & Griffiths’ that you could relate to and you could tell cared, at full time not one single player showed a single sign of being bothered.

My reaction to the result today wasn’t one of anger or frustration, it was simply one of almost amusement because it’s that bad and toxic right now that I feel if you don’t laugh then I’d simply just not go.

We churn out manager after manager, each one worse than the last, there was a wee spell under Johnson that reignited my excitement, a man that was a complete fud however a far better manager than his successor and predecessors.

The people in charge now just make mistake after mistake, we’ve been a failure ever since the change in ownership yet for some reason people don’t seem to think the issue lies with our strategy, it’s simply not working.

31 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

How did the very good new players get on?

Seemed to be the only ones trying today, thrown under the bus by the likes of Youan, Newell, Jair and Levitt. If it wasn't wayward passes it was hiding behind St Mirren players and offering no options

18 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Seemed to be the only ones trying today, thrown under the bus by the likes of Youan, Newell, Jair and Levitt. If it wasn't wayward passes it was hiding behind St Mirren players and offering no options

To be fair Triantis gave away a penalty and was at fault for a goal, Maolida managed to tackle himself and then fall over and Marcondes hardly moved from the centre circle.

Almost like bringing in lots of loan players at once that have 0 connection to the club doesn’t work.

6 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

To be fair Triantis gave away a penalty and was at fault for a goal, Maolida managed to tackle himself and then fall over and Marcondes hardly moved from the centre circle.

Almost like bringing in lots of loan players at once that have 0 connection to the club doesn’t work.

Have to say that I was slightly worried that the substitutions you made at HT would cause a bit of an arse collapse on our part.

However, we effectively went into training game mode and although you definitely put more pressure on us, they didn't stand out as I thought they would, albeit that it was their first outing.

1 hour ago, Dave1875 said:

Seemed to be the only ones trying today, thrown under the bus by the likes of Youan, Jair and Levitt. If it wasn't wayward passes it was hiding behind St Mirren players and offering no options

If any of those 3 start on Wednesday again then I’ll leave the ground before kick off. 

3 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

In the Petrie/Farmer age we didn’t have a CEO that tan behaves like a snake oil salesman and swans around the Albion Bar telling fans information that he shouldn’t be every home game.

We may have been utterly shite at points but we never had a team that all 11 players on the pitch didn’t give a single f**k, the only 2 that do are well into their 30’s and no longer good enough (and rarely play).

Even in the days of Fenlon/Calderwood you had your McPakes, O’Connor’s, Sproule’s & Griffiths’ that you could relate to and you could tell cared, at full time not one single player showed a single sign of being bothered.

My reaction to the result today wasn’t one of anger or frustration, it was simply one of almost amusement because it’s that bad and toxic right now that I feel if you don’t laugh then I’d simply just not go.

We churn out manager after manager, each one worse than the last, there was a wee spell under Johnson that reignited my excitement, a man that was a complete fud however a far better manager than his successor and predecessors.

The people in charge now just make mistake after mistake, we’ve been a failure ever since the change in ownership yet for some reason people don’t seem to think the issue lies with our strategy, it’s simply not working.

1. Instead we had a CEO everyone hated for giving out no information and penny pinching on signings.

2. Yes we did. Remember when McPake had to come out and say we won't be 'steamrollered' again against Hearts. Why? because we were, and against Hamiliton and against Killie and against....

3. Top tip: Expect us to be shite, demand shiteness from us and then go to the bookies and bet against us. You get your expectations met and you make money. Thank me later. 

4. Agree Johnson was better than Monty and Maloney but the players chuck it for every manager. That's how they keep their jobs and the managers lose theirs. 

5. Failure ever since the change in ownership? Is that because of the massive trophy haul, euro qualifications and lack of derby embarrassments under Farmer?

It would be our piece de resistance to be financed by a proper billionaire and get relegated in the same season.  Look at our upcoming fixtures.  Look at the 6 pointer game and read in your head the club statement released on the 2nd of March thanking Nick for his efforts.  The Championship was a good laugh anyway.

9 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

1. Instead we had a CEO everyone hated for giving out no information and penny pinching on signings.

2. Yes we did. Remember when McPake had to come out and say we won't be 'steamrollered' again against Hearts. Why? because we were, and against Hamiliton and against Killie and against....

3. Top tip: Expect us to be shite, demand shiteness from us and then go to the bookies and bet against us. You get your expectations met and you make money. Thank me later. 

4. Agree Johnson was better than Monty and Maloney but the players chuck it for every manager. That's how they keep their jobs and the managers lose theirs. 

5. Failure ever since the change in ownership? Is that because of the massive trophy haul, euro qualifications and lack of derby embarrassments under Farmer?

I was never a hater of Petrie, even at the time of the protests outside the west I was fully of the belief that he wasn’t the issue at Hibs, he wasn’t hated by myself and presumably yourself given your profile picture?

Players may have been shite but to suggest the likes of McPake etc didn’t care is well wide of the mark.

Have done that many a time over the years, usually lump before big games.

At least under Farmer we were able to have periods where a manager did well enough to keep their job for >12 months at times.

It all comes down to the fact now, more than ever before there are very few people or players that I actually like employed by the club, a club ran by arseholes, and a team full of arseholes.

7 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

I was never a hater of Petrie, even at the time of the protests outside the west I was fully of the belief that he wasn’t the issue at Hibs, he wasn’t hated by myself and presumably yourself given your profile picture?

Players may have been shite but to suggest the likes of McPake etc didn’t care is well wide of the mark.

Have done that many a time over the years, usually lump before big games.

At least under Farmer we were able to have periods where a manager did well enough to keep their job for >12 months at times.

It all comes down to the fact now, more than ever before there are very few people or players that I actually like employed by the club, a club ran by arseholes, and a team full of arseholes.

Yep, I thought Rod got a very tough press. I had some dealings with him personally and he was very professional and a lot funnier that his public profile suggested. But as you say, protests outside the west haven't happened to Kensall. 

McPake was the captain of a team that didn't care. Even if he himself did, he was too inept to do anything about it. I remember us all applauding him at Hampden against Aberdeen when he aggressively won a header. We applauded because we weren't used to that team doing the basics at all. 

And on your final point...which is kinda my point, when we had lovely Leann's little 'community club' vibe going on, folk still weren't happy because it lacked ambition. We weren't happy with a third place Euro qualifying Jack Ross, especially the players. No-one hates Hibs more than Hibs fans and players. 

Edited by Tommy Tappin
Horrendous grammar.

Just now, Tommy Tappin said:

Yep, I thought Rod got a very tough press. I had some dealings with him personally and he was very professional and a lot funnier that his public profile suggested. But as you say, protests outside the west haven't happened to Kensall. 

McPake was the captain of a team that didn't care. Even if he himself did, we was too inept to do anything about it. I remember us all applauding him at Hampden against Aberdeen when he aggressively won a header. We applauded because we weren't used to that team doing the basics at all. 

And on your final point...which is kinda my point, when we had lovely Leann's little 'community club' vibe going on, folk still weren't happy because it lacked ambition. We're were'nt happy with a third place Euro qualifying Jack Ross, especially the players. No-one hates Hibs more than Hibs fans and players. 

The team McPake was in had players like O’Connor, Sproule, Stevenson, Griffiths, Stack, Hanlon & Murray in it (I know Hanlon and Stevenson are here currently but are hardly in the team), out of the current team other than the two that are still there only Martin Boyle is a player that has any real connection with the support which is my point, we’re not much worse in a football sense but there’s a shift in dynamic between player and supporter.

And as for Dempster I wasn’t a fan but that was purely around how she treated supporters.

And I’m so fed up of hearing about how we shouldn’t have sacked Jack Ross, it was a long time ago, get over it - some people liked him, some didn’t, the people that did like him want McInnes as our next manager, I’m not one of them, he was chased from Dundee Utd after losing a home match 9 goals to 0.

4 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

The team McPake was in had players like O’Connor, Sproule, Stevenson, Griffiths, Stack, Hanlon & Murray in it (I know Hanlon and Stevenson are here currently but are hardly in the team), out of the current team other than the two that are still there only Martin Boyle is a player that has any real connection with the support which is my point, we’re not much worse in a football sense but there’s a shift in dynamic between player and supporter.

And as for Dempster I wasn’t a fan but that was purely around how she treated supporters.

And I’m so fed up of hearing about how we shouldn’t have sacked Jack Ross, it was a long time ago, get over it - some people liked him, some didn’t, the people that did like him want McInnes as our next manager, I’m not one of them, he was chased from Dundee Utd after losing a home match 9 goals to 0.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have sacked him. I'm saying that despite his record, it took one bad run for the fans to turn and the players to chuck it (Boyle's penalty 'attempt' against Livi for example) 'Hibs deserve better' is the cry. No we don't. 

My point is one I've made on here many times. It doesn't matter who our manager/players or owners are - we end up hating them with precious few exceptions. That's what we do. I'm not saying we should settle for mediocrity. I'm saying that mediocrity is what we've served up for the vast majority of our existence, so we can save ourselves the anger and depression when the mediocrity invariably arrives and stays. Hearts like to give it large about the derby record. They have to. It's all they've got because they too are a mediocre tin pot club. It's like two amputees mocking each other for having no arms.  

Being shit when we've got everything in place to be good is what we do. It's our 'thing'. The evidence is overwhelming.

We can only repeat this trick for so long before we laugh and feel sorry for the club rather than being angst ridden about it.