3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Oh, I'm sure there'll be more money coming.

But Hibs are to be sutainable. So, unless we believe Hibs' turnover is going to suddenly massively dwarf Hearts and Aberdeen (and I don't), then it doesn't change the fact that you'll still be doing very well to play group stage football more than one year in five.

You're one of the richest clubs in the country as it is and you've never managed this.

I find it hard to believe anyone could buy that being the reason for this.

The idea (and it's only an idea) is that the money spent on infrastructure, is to create revenue generating infrastructure. This point seems to be overlooked all the time. So the idea of spending money on infrastructure is to create this lovely phrase of Kensell's 'club controlled income'.

In other words 'Bill, them other two clubs keep generating more cash than us, give us some money so that we can sell stuff to make our revenues closer to theirs will you? We'll give you shares and everything.' 

That's the hypothesis behind sustainability. 

Then when we mismanage stuff, Uncle Bill throws more money at the playing budget to compensate for our incompetence. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

The idea (and it's only an idea) is that the money spent on infrastructure, is to create revenue generating infrastructure. This point seems to be overlooked all the time. So the idea of spending money on infrastructure is to create this lovely phrase of Kensell's 'club controlled income'.

In other words 'Bill, them other two clubs keep generating more cash than us, give us some money so that we can sell stuff to make our revenues closer to theirs will you? We'll give you shares and everything.' 

That's the hypothesis behind sustainability. 

Then when we mismanage stuff, Uncle Bill throws more money at the playing budget to compensate for our incompetence. 

I don't think that is overlooked. I just don't think it's enough of a reason to explain the investment.

Hibs will never generate enough money to be of use to Bournemouth. Foley doesn't need to buy any other clubs to generate revenue. It's incredibly small-fry compared to what he already has. And this idea of a network. Ok, a network for what? Think that one through a bit. A network in and of itself is meaningless.

What he may consider worthwhile is a vessel for players as and when it suits Bournemouth. Or a league with no FFP to give his other clubs more flexibility. Or an easier market in which to get work permits. These things all make sense. But none of them fit with the promise that Hibs will remain fully autonomous. So, who to believe...

I've given this my best open mind today. I've read the release, I've read the Hibs fan reports from the meeting, I've read all the pro-investment stuff on Twitter and .net etc. I've asked you lads for a clear benefit to Foley beyond the chance to get players game time etc.

I've still not seen one explanation for why Foley's getting involved (that doesn't contradict the Hibs autonomy claim) that survives past the merest scrutiny. Not one of the ideas suggested are worth the time and money being spent on this.

Anyway. It's time for dinner then the derby with a few cans.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

I don't think that is overlooked. I just don't think it's enough of a reason to explain the investment.

Hibs will never generate enough money to be of use to Bournemouth. Foley doesn't need to buy any other clubs to generate revenue. It's incredibly small-fry compared to what he already has.

What he may consider worthwhile is a vessel for players as and when it suits Bournemouth. Or a league with no FFP to give his other clubs more flexibility. Or an easier market in which to get work permits. These things all make sense. But none of them fit with the promise that Hibs will remain fully autonomous. So, who to believe...

I've given this my best open mind today. I've read the release, I've read the Hibs fan reports from the meeting, I've read all the pro-investment stuff on Twitter and .net etc. I've asked you lads for a clear benefit to Foley beyond the chance to get players game time etc.

I've still not seen one explanation for why Foley's getting involved (that doesn't contradict the Hibs autonomy claim) that survives past the merest scrutiny. Not one of the ideas suggested are worth the time and money being spent on this.

Anyway. It's time for dinner then the derby with a few cans.

No explanation will suffice if you reject them all. That's self-fulfilling prophecy bias. 

It's simple. Foley gets what he wants (a club with a shout of Europe) for a lot less money than keeping Bournemouth in the EPL. 

If his network can sell 5 x £5m players a year or 5 x £10m players a year, or European  revenue or commercial income or or or...it's just economies of scale for him. His tax bill will be multiples of what he's given us.  

Having made his money, and being closer to the end of his life than the start; Foley wants to build one more thing. Foley wants to play. We're letting him play. 

Post Foley and Post Gordons...now that's another story altogether. 

Just now, Joe Terrapin said:

Is it just me that pictures Vincent crying into his keyboard as he tries(and fails) to convince himself that this will be a bad thing for Hibs.

You did better than me. I stopped reading after the first paragraph on his first post

We can add last nights scandal to the portfolio of corrupt officiating Hibernian football club has been victim to during the Edinburgh derby. Please see exhibits B & C below;

IMG_1383.thumb.jpeg.cb42e6792770cf2d44698809f36fd341.jpeg

IMG_1382.thumb.jpeg.41e7a747dd66569b047ccd1322cff82a.jpeg

Im sure my fellow M9s can add further examples of scandalous officiating. 

It’s been well documented how poor Hibernian’s win ratio is over the history of the Edinburgh derby. However, in the face of such a disgusting bias, born out of a burning hatred for Hibernian football club, I would argue that it is remarkable the club have managed to accumulate the wins they have. 

Heart of Midlothians claim to being the “dominant” side in Edinburgh is unmistakably “TAINTED”.

Keep fighting the good fight against adversity my Hibernian brothers x

35 minutes ago, Zing. said:

If Marcondes is a sign of the level of player we can expect from this deal with the Knights then I’m very excited for the summer window.

I wonder if it's at all possible to keep him and/or Maolida. Both are so technically superior to anything else in the league outside of the top 2. 

58 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

I wonder if it's at all possible to keep him and/or Maolida. Both are so technically superior to anything else in the league outside of the top 2. 

Think emiliano is out of contract in the summer. Maybe they retain him and loan him back to us with a view to punting him for decent cash long term. 

4 minutes ago, Judy Murray said:

Think emiliano is out of contract in the summer. Maybe they retain him and loan him back to us with a view to punting him for decent cash long term. 

Sadly I think he'll have his sights set on plying his trade at a higher level in the long term.

4 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Working in your neck of the woods the day. 

The Vine bar, what a place.

It always looks like a complete hovel when I am driving to jobs in the area. 

Never been in, I pretty much assumed its a criminal hangout.

Just now, Leith Green said:

It always looks like a complete hovel when I am driving to jobs in the area. 

Never been in, I pretty much assumed its a criminal hangout.

I drove by and thought "oaft. Hingin' about outside a boozer before 9am waiting for a pint". Then the door swung open and I seen it was hoachin'. Parked the van and went around for a juice to see the ambience. Seems my type of place.

If I wasn't driving I'd be 6 pint deep by now. :lol:

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

I drove by and thought "oaft. Hingin' about outside a boozer before 9am waiting for a pint". Then the door swung open and I seen it was hoachin'. Parked the van and went around for a juice to see the ambience. Seems my type of place.

If I wasn't driving I'd be 6 pint deep by now. :lol:

It opens at 7am most days of the week, but a late start on Fridays and Saturdays.................8am 😆

Get yersel in and train home.........

52 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It opens at 7am most days of the week, but a late start on Fridays and Saturdays.................8am 😆

Get yersel in and train home.........

Sounds like my kinda joint...

#HiDees sesh incoming!?

Doesn't matter what time you drive past The Vine there will be someone outside smoking a tab.