31 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I've never said he'll want Hibs to be bad. I'm saying Hibs are locking themselves into a situation where they are at best third in the priority list.

These multi club groups have multiple "2nd tier" clubs "feeding" the main club. Hibs will be seen as similar to Lorient and not subservient to them. Id be stunned if the group doesnt try and buy an Australian/Asian side who are the "3rd tier" of club, and whos best talents are taken to either Hibs or Lorient to prove themselves worthy of the EPL.

You see it with both Red Bull and City group sides. The 2nd tier sides are given huge amounts of backing to improve their infrastructure/facilities. Theyre not seen as a "feeder" club at all, but seen as a proving ground for the top talents. RB Salzburg the best example. The very best prospects in the Red Bull system are put in there before reaching Leipzig, but thats not solely the players Salzburg sign and they arent forced intp using them, its up to the player to prove they deserve a step up the ladder.

I just dont see any difference between Hibs looking at bringing in players to develop then sell to Bournemouth as any Scottish team trying to sell to the EPL, and the only argument youve made against it is some fantasised arrangement where Hibs have players forced upon them that no (competent) multi-club group does, and that has no basis in reality based on how Bournemouth/Lorient have interacted so far. Lorient got great market value for their sale to Bournemouth, and the Red Bull sides do similar, as its within their interests to not undersell players.

13 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Is there even any chance of this Foley character getting full control of the club? Sure Ashley tried it with Rangers and the SFA blocked it years ago.

Theres absolutely f**k all any normal fan can do to stop this investment happening so we just need to buckle in and hope it works out well. Of course the large majority will be searching for the positives.

I think that ultimately may be why we are having meetings with the SFA.

Interestingly, McKinley the hearts ceo and part of the SFA board said today to the minions at the agm that it could be the way ahead for them too. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

These multi club groups have multiple "2nd tier" clubs "feeding" the main club. Hibs will be seen as similar to Lorient and not subservient to them. Id be stunned if the group doesnt try and buy an Australian/Asian side who are the "3rd tier" of club, and whos best talents are taken to either Hibs or Lorient to prove themselves worthy of the EPL.

You see it with both Red Bull and City group sides. The 2nd tier sides are given huge amounts of backing to improve their infrastructure/facilities. Theyre not seen as a "feeder" club at all, but seen as a proving ground for the top talents. RB Salzburg the best example. The very best prospects in the Red Bull system are put in there before reaching Leipzig, but thats not solely the players Salzburg sign and they arent forced intp using them, its up to the player to prove they deserve a step up the ladder.

I just dont see any difference between Hibs looking at bringing in players to develop then sell to Bournemouth as any Scottish team trying to sell to the EPL, and the only argument youve made against it is some fantasised arrangement where Hibs have players forced upon them that no (competent) multi-club group does, and that has no basis in reality based on how Bournemouth/Lorient have interacted so far. Lorient got great market value for their sale to Bournemouth, and the Red Bull sides do similar, as its within their interests to not undersell players.

Sure he’s already done so with Auckland.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Mate, honestly, I hate seeing people make this point. The difference is clear. As it stands we are all way down the pecking order, but we have an element of control. Hibs didn't sell to Celtic with McGinn because they never stumped up the cash. You control when you sell, to as much extent as anyone else, and you control who you sell to, and when you don't sell because it's not worth it. This will not be the case in your relationship with Bournemouth.

The investment will be a bad thing if Hibs end up continually getting the shitty end of the stick and find they can't get out of it. I haven't seen any Hibs fans asking serious questions about that. After our Vlad experience, that's a worry.

LAst time with the FFP, mate. Bournemouth and Lorient need to stay within it to avoid domestic sanctions. You're going to see money move between them as is required as accounting periods shift. Hibs don't have the same requirement. Don't drop your popcorn in shock if you find Hibs get the bad end of that deal. Again, this is quite an obvious point, but no Hibbies seem to be asking about it.

The identity is a personal thing. I've explained what I think. I think it's beneath Hibs to be subservient to another club. If it was my cub, I'd have no part of it.

I think we've interacted on here enough for you to have a general idea of what my genuine views on fitba are. I can honestly say I'd be binning Hearts if this was us. And it may be us in a few years, McKinlay mentioned it at the AGM today. I'd be finished with it, and I think those I interact with on here know that's not a partisan point, it's entirely consistent with the views I have on fitba that I bore you all with. I don't think you'll ever find a post of mine that would suggest I'd be for this in any way.

Anyway, have fun lads. I've made my points and we're going in circles now. I honestly, and with grudging respect for Hibernian as our rivals and part of our biggest game of the season, hope this doesn't end up an absolute nightmare for you. But I think that as a support you're all in danger of avoiding the big obvious questions, and given that your main owners just now are the foreign family of your previous buyer who has passed away (and they may not be as committed as he), I'd be genuinely concerned that a deal that suits them may not necessarily suit hibs long-term.

I hope Hearts pump you all the time, but I don't want to see you Rangersed.

Hugs and kisses, lads.

I didn’t read this post but it’s an absolute minter nonetheless

19 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Mate, honestly, I hate seeing people make this point. The difference is clear. As it stands we are all way down the pecking order, but we have an element of control. Hibs didn't sell to Celtic with McGinn because they never stumped up the cash. You control when you sell, to as much extent as anyone else, and you control who you sell to, and when you don't sell because it's not worth it. This will not be the case in your relationship with Bournemouth.

The investment will be a bad thing if Hibs end up continually getting the shitty end of the stick and find they can't get out of it. I haven't seen any Hibs fans asking serious questions about that. After our Vlad experience, that's a worry.

LAst time with the FFP, mate. Bournemouth and Lorient need to stay within it to avoid domestic sanctions. You're going to see money move between them as is required as accounting periods shift. Hibs don't have the same requirement. Don't drop your popcorn in shock if you find Hibs get the bad end of that deal. Again, this is quite an obvious point, but no Hibbies seem to be asking about it.

The identity is a personal thing. I've explained what I think. I think it's beneath Hibs to be subservient to another club. If it was my cub, I'd have no part of it.

I think we've interacted on here enough for you to have a general idea of what my genuine views on fitba are. I can honestly say I'd be binning Hearts if this was us. And it may be us in a few years, McKinlay mentioned it at the AGM today. I'd be finished with it, and I think those I interact with on here know that's not a partisan point, it's entirely consistent with the views I have on fitba that I bore you all with. I don't think you'll ever find a post of mine that would suggest I'd be for this in any way.

Anyway, have fun lads. I've made my points and we're going in circles now. I honestly, and with grudging respect for Hibernian as our rivals and part of our biggest game of the season, hope this doesn't end up an absolute nightmare for you. But I think that as a support you're all in danger of avoiding the big obvious questions, and given that your main owners just now are the foreign family of your previous buyer who has passed away (and they may not be as committed as he), I'd be genuinely concerned that a deal that suits them may not necessarily suit hibs long-term.

I hope Hearts pump you all the time, but I don't want to see you Rangersed.

Hugs and kisses, lads.

It might be okay, it could end like this.

image.png

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Does he actually say 'the strong passionate and opinionated' then go on to say  Robbie Nelson :lol:? He is possibly the most whiney shitebag of a manager this league has ever seen ffs.

Should never have been appointed in the first place.