15 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Would it no be prudent to see if any these guys are actually good before declaring that?

Or you might just mean getting rid of McKirdy in which case, fair point

Prudence was so 2023.

I am off up town later to buy a Yankee Doodle Dandy Hat

Independence Day America GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

On McKirdy, I wish him well in his return from the heart issue, but I hope his footballing future is somewhere along the M4 corridor.............

A decent window on paper, but the jury's out until I see what these centre backs are like. Its problem area (has been for years) and we've got 2 20 year old loanees in.

9 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Trying to keep an open mind but to replace Doidge, a striker who was by no means perfect, but a threat and a handful with a literal child is absolutely wild.

Totally and utterly fed up with the club, hope I’m wrong but signing 2 20 year old centre halves isn’t the solution to our problems either.

When was the last loan player we signed from England with no connection to the club that went on to be a good player for us with the exception of CJ Egan Reilly? (Don’t say Will Fish, he costs us a goal every week).

Les, us Hibbies seem to spend most of our lives totally and utterly fed up with the club. No matter who we sign, who the manager/owner is, whatever community engagement projects we're engaged in etc

If we can ever bring ourselves to say 'well done Hibs' for something, the goodwill lasts all of 5 minutes before we hate them for doing/not doing something else. 

In January, we signed seven players, a minimum of two of which are waaaay above our pay grade and we got a billionaire to invest in us. Collective Hibby response: 'nae guid enough, why did we no sign 32 year old Van Veen and Jason no knees Kerr?'

As a club, we're miles ahead of the days of Rod 'spend a pound less than we earn' Petrie (and as my avatar shows, I loved Iron Rod), so why so much malcontent? Is it simply coz we don't win many games? Because breaking news just in: we've never won all that many games.

The 5th biggest club in the league is 6th in the league table. It's not like we're miles off it. 

Massive caveat that we just don't know but on paper can't see how that's a poor window at all. Other than the new lad who you'd imagine will rarely play the forwards have already shown they should be able to do something up here, and there's hopefully a chance of retaining them. By the sounds of things the midfielders we've signed are the type of players we were needing in there and shore up an area where we were light on numbers. Of the two centre halves, I'd imagine the boy who was at CCM will be a starter, and Bevan likely somewhere between 3rd and 5th choice. We've also started the process of culling the squad of guys who are a waste/well liked but just not good enough to kick on which we've previously been unable to really do. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Les, us Hibbies seem to spend most of our lives totally and utterly fed up with the club. No matter who we sign, who the manager/owner is, whatever community engagement projects we're engaged in etc

If we can ever bring ourselves to say 'well done Hibs' for something, the goodwill lasts all of 5 minutes before we hate them for doing/not doing something else. 

In January, we signed seven players, a minimum of two of which are waaaay above our pay grade and we got a billionaire to invest in us. Collective Hibby response: 'nae guid enough, why did we no sign 32 year old Van Veen and Jason no knees Kerr?'

As a club, we're miles ahead of the days of Rod 'spend a pound less than we earn' Petrie (and as my avatar shows, I loved Iron Rod), so why so much malcontent? Is it simply coz we don't win many games? Because breaking news just in: we've never won all that many games.

The 5th biggest club in the league is 6th in the league table. It's not like we're miles off it. 

You're 7th tbf

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Would it no be prudent to see if any these guys are actually good before declaring that?

👆

Disnae ken fitba

46 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I mean when we signed Tziolis, Struna and Goncalves i had us in the CL spots so i get the excitement, but a more cynical man might look at 2 untried CHs  and be a bit sceptical about how they'd improve your defence

I need my hip done and I would improve our defence...................

In all seriousness though - these guys might be untried in Scotland, but Montgomery had one of them playing first team in Oz with him.

3 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Under Petrie I never felt like this in honesty albeit I was a lot younger, I didn’t want us to sign Van Veen either.

The discontent is due to the failure to win any games that matter, the tedious style of football, we’ve signed 7 players, yes but 5 are on loan, 3 of which are under the age of 21 and other than Marcondes I fail to be really excited about any of them.

Surely rather than giving off the superiority complex that “I am a better supporter than you as I am happy” you’d be better to engage people rather than further alienate them if you want fellow supporters to get onside.

Oh and we’re 7th in the league btw, 8th if Aberdeen win their game in hand, if you’re happy with that then fair play.

4 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Under Petrie I never felt like this in honesty albeit I was a lot younger, I didn’t want us to sign Van Veen either.

The discontent is due to the failure to win any games that matter, the tedious style of football, we’ve signed 7 players, yes but 5 are on loan, 3 of which are under the age of 21 and other than Marcondes I fail to be really excited about any of them.

Surely rather than giving off the superiority complex that “I am a better supporter than you as I am happy” you’d be better to engage people rather than further alienate them if you want fellow supporters to get onside.

Oh and we’re 7th in the league btw, 8th if Aberdeen win their game in hand, if you’re happy with that then fair play.

I wasn't doing a superior supporter bit. I was asking why the disconnect. You've said why and now I'm asking, how is it any different/worse than previously when in many respects we're better off than we used to be in the Petrie/Farmer age? 

12 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I have already seen two of our new signings are fantastic players.  No Charlton rejects for this club, ohhhh no. 

15 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

14 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

You're 7th tbf

11 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Hibs dropped two places without any games being played.

On 02/02/2024 at 16:57, Tommy Tappin said:

I wasn't doing a superior supporter bit. I was asking why the disconnect. You've said why and now I'm asking, how is it any different/worse than previously when in many respects we're better off than we used to be in the Petrie/Farmer age? 

In the Petrie/Farmer age we didn’t have a CEO that tan behaves like a snake oil salesman and swans around the Albion Bar telling fans information that he shouldn’t be every home game.

We may have been utterly shite at points but we never had a team that all 11 players on the pitch didn’t give a single f**k, the only 2 that do are well into their 30’s and no longer good enough (and rarely play).

Even in the days of Fenlon/Calderwood you had your McPakes, O’Connor’s, Sproule’s & Griffiths’ that you could relate to and you could tell cared, at full time not one single player showed a single sign of being bothered.

My reaction to the result today wasn’t one of anger or frustration, it was simply one of almost amusement because it’s that bad and toxic right now that I feel if you don’t laugh then I’d simply just not go.

We churn out manager after manager, each one worse than the last, there was a wee spell under Johnson that reignited my excitement, a man that was a complete fud however a far better manager than his successor and predecessors.

The people in charge now just make mistake after mistake, we’ve been a failure ever since the change in ownership yet for some reason people don’t seem to think the issue lies with our strategy, it’s simply not working.

31 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

How did the very good new players get on?

Seemed to be the only ones trying today, thrown under the bus by the likes of Youan, Newell, Jair and Levitt. If it wasn't wayward passes it was hiding behind St Mirren players and offering no options