So I pondered this morning about how Hibs can't play:

Monty's 4-4-2

Johnson's 4-3-3

Maloney's 4-5-1

Ross' 4-3-2-1

Whatever Heckingbottom's formation was and towards the end, couldn't play Lennon's 3-5-2 either.

I thought, what system CAN we play, then I watched Joe Newell's interview where he says 'It should be a given that we run and battle and tackle but we were miles off it'. My translation, 'players can't be arsed.'

Why can't players be arsed? No downside. Club doesn't have a winning culture or mindset or any penalties for not being arsed. The manager pays the price with his job instead.

I then went back into the archives and noted how Johnson, Ross, Lennon and even as far back as Calderwood talked about the need to instil a winning culture.

Why? because we don't have one. 

Why do we bring in big new signings above our normal pay grade and look worse? Because at Hibs you can be not arsed and get away with it.

I spend too much time on this club.  

15 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Chin up. Your loan superstars might keep you up.

Err...

🤣

This is the biggest mess I have seen at that club in decades. They are totally rudderless. 

11 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

This is the biggest mess I have seen at that club in decades. They are totally rudderless. 

Decades :lol: We got relegated less than ten years ago with Terry Butcher at the helm ffs

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Decades :lol: We got relegated less than ten years ago with Terry Butcher at the helm ffs

Are you confident that is not on the cards this season? Your current manager would not inspire any confidence for me. It is not just the manager though, everyone in the background appears to be completely incompetent when it comes to the football operation. Who is going to turn things around? 

4 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Are you confident that is not on the cards this season? Your current manager would not inspire any confidence for me. It is not just the manager though, everyone in the background appears to be completely incompetent when it comes to the football operation. Who is going to turn things around? 

If Ross County win on Tuesday, Hibs are four points above 11th with their next four including Celtic at home, Aberdeen and Hearts away.

It's not quite ON yet. But it could soon be very much ON.

14 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

With the current manager? Not all that confident at the moment, but we aren’t there yet. We were miles worse in 2013/14, not even close for me. A half decent manager gets a tune out of our squad, christ even Lee Johnson did better with them last season.

Edited by Zing.

11 minutes ago, Zing. said:

With the current manager? Not all that confident at the moment, but we aren’t there yet. We were miles worse in 2013/14, not even close for me. A half decent manager gets a tune out of our squad, christ even Lee Johnson did better with them last season.

From the outside looking in there does not seem to be any structure or balance. The squad has grown to the larger end of the scale but you are extremely top heavy with forwards and wingers. Your defence would terrify me and Levitt appears to have been a flop. Newell not exactly pulling up trees either. Montgomery must have wanted a good solid centre mid and two good cntrehalves surely? I actually think you have a few decent players in there as well as some of the new guys having decent pedigree but the weaker areas of your team do not look any stronger after that transfer window. The new boys will need time to get up to speed and have hardly played many minutes yet, but that performance against St Mirren at home would be sowing some serious doubts in my mind. Who is it that identifies and signs your new players? Is it this Brian McDermott guy?

4 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

From the outside looking in there does not seem to be any structure or balance. The squad has grown to the larger end of the scale but you are extremely top heavy with forwards and wingers. Your defence would terrify me and Levitt appears to have been a flop. Newell not exactly pulling up trees either. Montgomery must have wanted a good solid centre mid and two good cntrehalves surely? I actually think you have a few decent players in there as well as some of the new guys having decent pedigree but the weaker areas of your team do not look any stronger after that transfer window. The new boys will need time to get up to speed and have hardly played many minutes yet, but that performance against St Mirren at home would be sowing some serious doubts in my mind. Who is it that identifies and signs your new players? Is it this Brian McDermott guy?

It’s a mixture. Monty wanted Triantis and pushed to get him all January, he looked absolutely dreadful yesterday. Marcondes looks a level above the entire squad and was obviously a result of this Bournemouth link.

As a result of the squad Johnson built we had absolutely no depth after having a few injuries so needed a bigger squad. We’ve been relying on 16/17 year olds at times that clearly aren’t ready. 

6 minutes ago, Zing. said:

It’s a mixture. Monty wanted Triantis and pushed to get him all January, he looked absolutely dreadful yesterday. Marcondes looks a level above the entire squad and was obviously a result of this Bournemouth link.

As a result of the squad Johnson built we had absolutely no depth after having a few injuries so needed a bigger squad. We’ve been relying on 16/17 year olds at times that clearly aren’t ready. 

The Johnson squad had too much depth, that's why we have 7 players considered first teamers out on loan.

The problem isn't the numbers, it's the quality and balance. 

20 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

. Hearts like to give it large about the derby record. They have to. It's all they've got because they too are a mediocre tin pot club. It's like two amputees mocking each other for having no arms.  

VG may had pointed and laughed at this but it's true. I am more likely to be held up in Gorgie in May by road works than by any Cup parade. 

If Hearts could give the Cheeks a good run for their money then I'd be more than happy. But they don't and so just have to bully the weak kid to make themselves feel better. 

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

VG may had pointed and laughed at this but it's true. I am more likely to be held up in Gorgie in May by road works than by any Cup parade. 

If Hearts could give the Cheeks a good run for their money then I'd be more than happy. But they don't and so just have to bully the weak kid to make themselves feel better. 

Interesting that you see the comparison between us and Hibs and similar to that between us and the OF.

But then, looking at the league table, fair enough.

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

“ The weak kid”!!

You’re flattering yourself mate 

Your teams more like the village idiot

Just now, Unleash The Nade said:

“ The weak kid”!!

You’re flattering yourself mate 

Your teams more like the village idiot

My team are Edinburgh City. Baron Hardup rather than the village idiot. 

I just get fed up with Hearts fans' arrogance as they're not exactly bringing the trophies back to my home city every year like they should be. 

Just now, tamthebam said:

My team are Edinburgh City. Baron Hardup rather than the village idiot. 

I just get fed up with Hearts fans' arrogance as they're not exactly bringing the trophies back to my home city every year like they should be. 

We're at a trophy a decade in the last three decades, which is as good as anyone else in an era where the OF have hoovered everything up.

Don't really see the fuss.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

We're at a trophy a decade in the last three decades, which is as good as anyone else in an era where the OF have hoovered everything up.

Don't really see the fuss.

So as good as Hibs then... ach well, you can always point out to the Mutton Molesters that they haven't won much in recent decades. 

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

So as good as Hibs then... ach well, you can always point out to the Mutton Molesters that they haven't won much in recent decades. 

Aye. As good as Hibs, and we beat them all the time.

So, we win.

We've made three cup finals in the last five years (twice beating Edinburgh's cuddly toy in the semi) and two of them lasted 120 minutes against the OF. We lost the other by a goal. It's not exactly catastrophic stuff.

Edited by VincentGuerin