Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Hearts officials (such as Mckinlay) have spoken about Shankland at club events plenty of times. No offers received, no enquiries received. Whether he wishes to go is irrelevant. Shankland himself has spoken publicly about his future. There's nothing really to add.

Hearts feed Anderson stuff all the time. That's patently obvious.

I get that you want to be optimistic. But it would be quite odd for Hibs, supposeldly newly-cashed up Hibs, to be accused of losing a player to Dundee and just to let that sit as the public narrative.

Lots of your own fans are upset about it. Hibs' silence is booming.

Have they?  In the press?  To randoms at club events is a little differently to unofficially denying it.   Did he tell people at these events Shankland wasn't desperate to move to Rangers?   They can't do anything because despite you lads saying you will sell for x amount of millions, nobody wants him.

Mate, I'm pessimistic as f**k when it comes to us just now.  But it's shite we wanted Murray and there's nothing player wise to suggest that we, or Lorient are feeder clubs, and the BKs own significantly more in the French mob.  Weird that.

There's seven weeks left in the window, sometimes actions speak louder than words.  Let's see who we sign in that time and how they compare to signing Simon Murray.   If we sign nobody or some diddy on less money then you might have a point. 

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Have they?  In the press?  To randoms at club events is a little differently to unofficially denying it.   Did he tell people at these events Shankland wasn't desperate to move to Rangers?   They can't do anything because despite you lads saying you will sell for x amount of millions, nobody wants him.

Mate, I'm pessimistic as f**k when it comes to us just now.  But it's shite we wanted Murray and there's nothing player wise to suggest that we, or Lorient are feeder clubs, and the BKs own significantly more in the French mob.  Weird that.

There's seven weeks left in the window, sometimes actions speak louder than words.  Let's see who we sign in that time and how they compare to signing Simon Murray.   If we sign nobody or some diddy on less money then you might have a point. 

You're not comparing apples with apples here. Naismith and Shankland have both spoken inpublic about the transfer situation, and McKinlay has openly answered questions put to him by supporters about it. There's absolutely no mystery to it. Nobody's asked if Shankland is desperate to go, because it doesn't matter till they make a bid. Who cares?

As for Hibs; they're trying to sell season tickets, they're trying to rebuild the football side of the club and create a positive bounce. You're saying they're just letting a false narrative sit that they've been beaten to a player by Dundee.

That's just not plausible.

We're not going to agree, and that's fine. But I think that if you're right about Hibs' lack of intereest, then the chance of Hibs not picking up the phone to a friendly journalist and saying "We were never after him, get that on Twitter pronto" is precisely zero.

What this means, who knows? Are Hibs skint? We'll see. Is there confusion within about targets? Maybe. But it's certainly a very odd episode for a club that's just made a big fuss about game-changing investment.

Edited by VincentGuerin

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You're not comparing apples with apples here. Naismith and Shankland have both spoken inpublic about the transfer situation, and McKinlay has openly answered questions put to him by supporters about it. There's absolutely no mystery to it. Nobody's asked if Shankland is desperate to go, because it doesn't matter till they make a bid. Who cares?

As for Hibs; they're trying to sell season tickets, they're trying to rebuild the football side of the club and create a positive bounce. You're saying they're just letting a false narrative sit that they've been beaten to a player by Dundee.

That's just not plausible.

We're not going to agree, and that's fine. But I think that if you're right about Hibs' lack of intereest, then the chance of Hibs not picking up the phone to a friendly journalist and saying "We were never after him, get that on Twitter pronto" is precisely zero.

What this means, who knows? Are Hibs skint? We'll see. Is there confusion within about targets? Maybe. But it's certainly a very odd episode for a club that's just made a big fuss about game-changing investment.

Both have said there's nothing to talk about as there's no bid.  No denial at all with the continuing stories hes desperate to join them, he probably is in all fairness.

Lets' revisit this in a few weeks time then.  We could be skint, it's very plausible with the investment in the hospitality over the last couple of years we may not have a pot to piss in.  We weren't after Simon Murray though, and I, who usually complain about everything Hibernian and the owners and that, am not bothered at all there's been no denial officially or unofficially.   

Sir David Gray was asked by the Hibs observer last week directly about the speculation and he replied he loves Murray, they were team mates and he wishes him well contracted to another club and doesn't want to talk about players that aren't coming to this football club. Do you think they would set up that loaded question with the Hibs friendly media if he had rejected us? 

Edited by Hoose Rice

32 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

If that's true, it's no wonder Hibs didn't touch him.

But it seems odd that Dundee were willing to pay an amount at the top end of Hibs' wage scale.

Dundee didn't need to offer him as much. He wants to live and play in Dundee for personal reasons.

To turn that down would demand a higher wage.

20 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

I've missed VG making a roaring c**t of himself in this thread

He's our pet, sometimes fun to let him spout, other times fun to slap him down.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to find out he's actually from a Hibs family.

22 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

If that's true, it's no wonder Hibs didn't touch him.

But it seems odd that Dundee were willing to pay an amount at the top end of Hibs' wage scale.

Almost as if it were complete bollocks, isn’t it?  Simon Murray’s son is profoundly (apologies if that’s the wrong word] autistic and he wanted to go back to Dundee.  Dundee paid whatever it was County asked for him - £150,000 at a guess, no idea but it seems reasonable - and he signed for them. Hibs may well have had a bid accepted, but he was never going there.  The rest is tabloid nonsense.

10 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

He's our pet, sometimes fun to let him spout, other times fun to slap him down.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to find out he's actually from a Hibs family.

He's actually a very, very sound guy.  

I am unashamedly obsessed with Hibs and their various failures tbf. 

Their failure to sign Simon Murray, the hottest property in UK football, indicates that there are Big Financial Problems behind the scenes at Easter Road imho. 

16 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Their failure to sign Simon Murray, the hottest property in UK football, indicates that there are Big Financial Problems behind the scenes at Easter Road imho. 

You concentrate on selling your best players to English league 1 for 1/3rd of Josh Doig and begging jimmy anderson for more money before your club can stand on it's own feet mate.  

I would see your point if your team had spent a transfer fee on absolutely anyone and Hibernian wanted Murray. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

11 minutes ago, Zing. said:

There’s us apparently losing out on players to St Mirren now. SKINT. 

Tbh I'd be a bit worried Mackay seems hell bent on rebuilding his Ross County side.

Bids for Ross Laidlaw next.

8 hours ago, SEETHING said:

Failure to sign a player they never actually bid for? Cool.....

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

There’s us apparently losing out on players to St Mirren now. SKINT. 

Some non-league team just signed six players in one go. That's us apparently losing out on players to some non-league team now. SKINT. 🤣

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbh I'd be a bit worried Mackay seems hell bent on rebuilding his Ross County side.

Bids for Ross Laidlaw next.

Yes, by not trying to sign any ex-Malky player. Hellbent is the word...if it's national opposite day. 

12 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Yes, by not trying to sign any ex-Malky player. Hellbent is the word...if it's national opposite day. 

You've been linked to two of his former players in the past week.

19 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Some non-league team just signed six players in one go. That's us apparently losing out on players to some non-league team now. SKINT. 🤣

I enjoyed some of the rage about us being beaten to the signing of Ruari Paton, a player we were never even linked to anywhere. Sensational stuff.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've been linked to two of his former players in the past week.

Cool. Levein is looking to sign Laidlaw, Charles-Cook and Ross Callachan.

That's three of his players you've been linked to in the last 5 seconds. Levein is HELLBENT on rebuilding Mackay's Ross County side in Perth. Hellbent, I tell you. 

35 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Cool. Levein is looking to sign Laidlaw, Charles-Cook and Ross Callachan.

That's three of his players you've been linked to in the last 5 seconds. Levein is HELLBENT on rebuilding Mackay's Ross County side in Perth. Hellbent, I tell you. 

If the national media widely report such a rumour then it'll be the same, aye.