3 hours ago, Galajambo said:

Exactly mate, but you can't tell Hibs fans this because apparently they know better. 

I find it a little concerning (and funny) that the figure involved was £6M, exactly the figure that Ron Gordon bought the club for in 2019, he's done feck all with them apart from upgrade their hospitality suites (to a high standard I may add), which basically means that the Gordon family have their initial investment back in their pockets, and still own circa 60% of the club, things aren't adding up here and I reckon Gordon junior is saddled with a project he doesn't really want, but feels obligated to continue his fathers work (who came across as a good man I have to say, with good intentions). 

Hibs fans probably know better because they are aware of the details of the deal, which involved the Gordon’s swapping debt for equity in addition to the BK investment. Their initial investment isn’t “back in their pockets”. 

2 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

Hibs fans probably know better because they are aware of the details of the deal, which involved the Gordon’s swapping debt for equity in addition to the BK investment. Their initial investment isn’t “back in their pockets”. 

Always good for fans to see a reduction in debt owed to owners.  Obviously this will also have had the effect of increasing the amount that the Black Knights could invest while keeping within the maximum percentage of shares that they are allowed to hold.

I take the point made by others that Bournemouth might make good money out of players developed at Hibs.  However, a parent club can always make money by selling a player who has been on loan.  

It feels to me like this is probably a good deal for Hibs, and it's too early to tell if it's a good deal for the Black Knights.

On 22/07/2024 at 20:39, Kyle Reese said:

Have wee Ian and Benji taken cash to save their failing business under false pretences, and then tried to dodge the piper?

Chris de Burgh wants a word you halfwit.

10 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

Christ you are the anti patter. Maggie was more imaginative 

Your football club is a complete joke, and it will quite possibly die… 

20 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

Hibs fans THINK they know better because they are aware of the details of the deal, which involved the Gordon’s swapping debt for equity in addition to the BK investment. Their initial investment isn’t “back in their pockets”. 

Fixed that for you mate, we thought the same under Vlad too, you're forgetting we've already been part of a pyramid system and promised the Earth, we've seen what can happen when things go tits up very quickly (so have Hibs fans if you're old enough). 

Edited by Galajambo

12 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

Christ you are the anti patter. Maggie was more imaginative 

How are you feeling about the future?

6 hours ago, Galajambo said:

Fixed that for you mate, we thought the same under Vlad too, you're forgetting we've already been part of a pyramid system and promised the Earth, we've seen what can happen when things go tits up very quickly (so have Hibs fans if you're old enough). 

And we were top of that pyramid.

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Instead of playing our strongest team on Saturday, we’ve now decided to play it tonight in a meaningless friendly.

To be fair, we played our weakest team in the second half, and both sides did a reasonable job. Add in a Ryan Porteous nostalgiathon, and that rarest of all sights, a Harry McKirdy goal, and a seagull pie-fight and it was a reasonable dose of fitba'-themed entertainment.

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

To be fair, we played our weakest team in the second half, and both sides did a reasonable job. Add in a Ryan Porteous nostalgiathon, and that rarest of all sights, a Harry McKirdy goal, and a seagull pie-fight and it was a reasonable dose of fitba'-themed entertainment.

I'd start McKirdy over Vente at the minute tbh. DF032D5E-E5AC-4341-9CEC-31DCF811ACAF.png.f199ea5bc936cae6a25e92b45f45aff0.png

Genuinely felt sorry for Gray having to field questions about Foley's comments after that friendly last night.

Being a manager at a club that have struggled like Hibs have the last few season is difficult enough for people coming into it without having someone like Foley casting doubt on his appointment. Even if it's not Foley's intent, it leads to awkward situations for Gray like that interview.

He's a couple of months into the job without having played a league game yet and he's having to address whether he has the backing of guys above him. Not ideal at all for a rookie and it's not particularly fair for a guy who's given so much to your club. He's already under pressure externally to show he can handle the job without it coming from the BK group too.

20 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

And we were top of that pyramid.

Exactly, and it still didn't work, I'm still miffed about not winning the Champions League, bloody fraudster! ;) 

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Genuinely felt sorry for Gray having to field questions about Foley's comments after that friendly last night.

Being a manager at a club that have struggled like Hibs have the last few season is difficult enough for people coming into it without having someone like Foley casting doubt on his appointment. Even if it's not Foley's intent, it leads to awkward situations for Gray like that interview.

He's a couple of months into the job without having played a league game yet and he's having to address whether he has the backing of guys above him. Not ideal at all for a rookie and it's not particularly fair for a guy who's given so much to your club. He's already under pressure externally to show he can handle the job without it coming from the BK group too.

Gray gets my full support this season regardless what happens. The board on the other hand can go f**k theirselves. 

7 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Vente is starting to annoy me. 

Agreed, not good enough. He’s had numerous chances and failed to take him. The sooner we get another striker or 2 signed the better.