1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Hes a defensive midfielder? Tears in my eyes I never thought I’d see the day.

See Vente is f**king off back to Holland too. I had him as better than Nisbet after the start he made and it turned out that he was so far off being close reaching KN’s level. Hopefully make the money back on him.

Hopefully we’ll use the Vente money on signing another striker. The thought of us playing a out of form Martin Boyle upfront doesn’t appeal to me. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

It looks like the speed of Kwon's signing indicates that we couldn't get the Campbell or Hodge deals done. 

It's clear that Vente isn't happy playing in Scotland so it's better that he heads home. Shame though, he'll score goals for someone. 

13 hours ago, Ric said:

If Gray doesn't ruin him, and he stays fit, Kwon will improve your midfield considerably.

I'm sure you were being facetious but an odd comment to make about Gray.
While he's not off to a great start, there's no evidence of him 'ruining' anyone. I'm happy he's identified a good player to rectify an area in need of work.

Looking foward to seeing Kwon in action. He was excellent at Easter Road for Saints back in Feb.

2 hours ago, conboyhibs said:

While he's not off to a great start, there's no evidence of him 'ruining' anyone. I'm happy he's identified a good player to rectify an area in need of work.

Looking foward to seeing Kwon in action. He was excellent at Easter Road for Saints back in Feb.

You are fairly new here, so you may not have had an interaction with that poster before - he's desperate for a bite.

51 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You are fairly new here, so you may not have had an interaction with that poster before - he's desperate for a bite.

I've been a member for 15 years!
Just more of an observer than contributor.. 

4 hours ago, conboyhibs said:

You are being far too sensitive, I get there is a lot of love for Gray, but that doesn't make him a good manager.

As for Kwon, considering you've looked utter dogshit against both us and Celtic, I feel a strong presence in the defensive midfield will go a long way to adding a bit of steel. You are right to say he looked excellent for us, but then he was played in exactly the right position and he was fully fit.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The irony, of course, is that you had me on ignore (and may still do) because you had a meltdown trying to "fish" against me.

A meltdown you openly admitted to several days later.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

You are being far too sensitive, I get there is a lot of love for Gray, but that doesn't make him a good manager.

As for Kwon, considering you've looked utter dogshit against both us and Celtic, I feel a strong presence in the defensive midfield will go a long way to adding a bit of steel. You are right to say he looked excellent for us, but then he was played in exactly the right position and he was fully fit.

The irony, of course, is that you had me on ignore (and may still do) because you had a meltdown trying to "fish" against me.

A meltdown you openly admitted to several days later.

No sensitivity here. Just a bit of pragmatism in that you shouldn't judge a manager after two league games. Having a lot of love for Gray does not make him a good manager, in that you are 100% correct but it doesn't make him a bad one either.

I'm not convinced on his abilities as a head coach either way yet, I was merely picking up on your obscure suggestion that Gray may have a habit of 'ruining' players.

Gray alluded to how well he played for St.Mirren in today's press conference and has identified the fact his is a position that needed filling, are you trying to suggest he will play him in the wrong position without being fully fit? Not sure what that would be based on.

13 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

I was merely picking up on your obscure suggestion that Gray may have a habit of 'ruining' players.

Exactly, how can Gray "ruin" players after a handful of games in charge.

He's talking pish as per.

Where’s the McCowan rumours coming from?

Im not on X or FB

Only seeing it posted on our forum

Is it just Dark Blue doom taking hold the minute we’ve a half decent side coming together?

20 hours ago, conboyhibs said:

No sensitivity here.

Going by you and LG's (typical) response, I would suggest there is quite some sensitivity.

Take Goodwin, for us, a stellar player in the stripes, captained the side and won cups. When he came to manage us, he was considerably more experienced than Gray is now, yet I've watched him bring in a player, identify where they'll play, explain how it'll help the team, then play them out of position and ask them to do something different.

My post was overall positive, but it seems some fans can't take that and have to find fault. Maybe just take it on face value that, a rookie manager can make mistakes and that a player can become injured, the two points I raised are valid reasons why Kwon may not succeed. If he does though, and this points to the positivity of my post, he can be a real force in that defensive midfield. I would happily have taken him back with us, but I guess Celtic saw they'd get more money out of Hibs, and that's fair. He's not the most creative though, and he's got a honking shot on him, but overall I do genuinely wish him well. He's not going to disrupt the dressing room, and he always gives 100% (at least that's what it looks like on the pitch).

Spoiler

Also, LG, just reply to me rather than the passive aggressive reply via another person's quote. You just look silly doing that.