Realistically

1 hour ago, gmfc said:

We have improved every season under Duffy so for you to say we are punching above our weight don't talk pish now back in your box once again.

You finish above us twice in a generation, two mid-table finishes in the championship and you think that's it. Morton on top of St Mirren forever more!! We're still by far a bigger club than you. Towards the end of the season we were almost taking double the number of fans you were at home. I hope you enjoyed it but lets be honest, safe money is on St Mirren to start pulling away from you again over the next couple of seasons. It's pretty funny your glass ceiling is Champioship play-off. If fans were asked to pick what team will be back in top flight first, only a fool would pick Morton. 

Soon as Jack Ross sorted out the team and the awful signing choices Alex Rae made, we bent you over on your own park in part of an embarrassing bit of form for a team getting a play-off spot. Time for wee Morton to come down a peg or two. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

You finish above us twice in a generation, two mid-table finishes in the championship and you think that's it. Morton on top of St Mirren forever more!! We're still by far a bigger club than you. Towards the end of the season we were almost taking double the number of fans you were at home. I hope you enjoyed it but lets be honest, safe money is on St Mirren to start pulling away from you again over the next couple of seasons. It's pretty funny your glass ceiling is Champioship play-off. If fans were asked to pick what team will be back in top flight first, only a fool would pick Morton. 

Soon as Jack Ross sorted out the team and the awful signing choices Alex Rae made, we bent you over on your own park in part of an embarrassing bit of form for a team getting a play-off spot. Time for wee Morton to come down a peg or two. 

You are becoming obsessed with Morton finishing above you for the last 2 seasons you will really need to chill out a bit.

You are becoming obsessed with Morton finishing above you for the last 2 seasons you will really need to chill out a bit.

Well you've got me there, it's not like we had dozens (probably half your season ticket numbers) of Morton fans loving life when we were bottom. Must of been so sad when we survived. Och well at least you can tell the grandkids about that time you finished 4th in the Championship. 67eb21a792a91919ca6adb88afbb1f4a.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

Well you've got me there, it's not like we had dozens (probably half your season ticket numbers) of Morton fans loving life when we were bottom. Must of been so sad when we survived. Och well at least you can tell the grandkids about that time you finished 4th in the Championship. 67eb21a792a91919ca6adb88afbb1f4a.jpg

I find it quite funny really you are celebrating how pish you have been over the last 2 seasons. Even funnier was that tube Fitzpatrick was saying that you would be in the Premier now. You and him have delusions of grandeur.

I find it quite funny really you are celebrating how pish you have been over the last 2 seasons. Even funnier was that tube Fitzpatrick was saying that you would be in the Premier now. You and him have delusions of grandeur.

You know what's hilarious? Morton have achieved nothing in recent history and yoyod between league 1 and championship plus as low as league 2. We've us a decade of premier league football and a major trophy recently. Aw yeah it's hilarious imagine having ambitions beyond mid table in the league. [emoji23][emoji23]

8 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

You know what's hilarious? Morton have achieved nothing in recent history and yoyod between league 1 and championship plus as low as league 2. We've us a decade of premier league football and a major trophy recently. Aw yeah it's hilarious imagine having ambitions beyond mid table in the league. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

All irrelevant now you are just a championship team now albeit a team that has finished below us twice deal with it.

1 hour ago, Bazil85 said:

Towards the end of the season we were almost taking double the number of fans you were at home.

30 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

it's not like we had dozens (probably half your season ticket numbers) of Morton fans loving life when we were bottom. 

When all else fails resort to a spot of crowdwanking.

download (1).jpg

5 hours ago, virginton said:

There's only one seething mess on this thread at the moment - flailing and failing at anyone who doesn't buy his delusions of grandeur. 

Hint:

Reveal hidden contents

It's you.

2015/16 - Morton 5th, 43 points; Saint Mirren 6th, 42 points

2016/17 - Morton 4th, 52 points; Saint Mirren 7th, 39 points

Better luck next time. 

_90011794_tonyf.jpg

Image result for morrissey gif

Dundee United

Morton

Inverness

Falkirk

Dunfermline

QOS

Skunks

Dumbarton

Livingston

Brechin

Lawl good job [emoji106] even in your wildest dreams you only put your team second [emoji23][emoji23]

9 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

You must of been raging.

8 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

Are you raging?

8 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

You seem angry

3 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

Are you raging?

^^^ angry and raging imo. 

Lordy this thread is a mess. It really does all depend on our recruitment and everyone else's. Second should certainly be the aim, as I'd expect United to be favourites for the league, though they still have a hell of a rebuild to do. There's no reason we shouldn't make the playoffs, and I'd be very disappointed if we regressed. An interesting league next season though, would expect it to be very competitive.

On 2017-6-11 at 19:13, Paisley Ton said:

I think the rest are just canning fodder who will have their good games but not make the top five, sorry Dunfermline but I class you in that group 

Interesting that you class dunfermline as that even though they picked up three wins against morton last season. 

Not interesting at all really; given the claim was that they would have good games but aren't good enough to compete for the playoffs. Which is exactly what happened to Dunfermline in the campaign you're referring to.

If you had tried reading for comprehension rather than for stoking a bizarre sense of grievance then that would have been pretty obvious tbh.

Archived