Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Hysterical ramblings of someone who wants to destroy the grade IMO ;)

Ramblings, dont think so. Iv stated in an earlier post its about choice where clubs can go or stay. Most Junior clubs voted to be part of the pyramid ?

Im only pointing to the advantages of a different structure, despite various attempts by a few we have yet to see what advantages Junior football has at this present time compared to whats on offer elsewhere. It may change with the boys in charge of the SJFA may be working their clubs corner as we speak, i wouldnt expect anything less. Lets hope a conclusion is found and we can all enjoy watching our local clubs in an organised modern structure.

Edited by kefc

1 minute ago, kefc said:

Ramblings, dont think so. Iv stated in an earlier post its about choice where clubs can go or stay. Most Junior clubs voted to be part of the pyramid ?

Im only pointing to the advantages of a different structure, despite various attempts by a few we have yet to see what advantages Junuior football has at this present time. It may change with the boys in charge of the SJFA may well be working their clubs corner as we speak and i wouldnt expect anything less, lets hope a conclusion is found and we can all enjoy watching our local clubs in a modern structure.

I think my response has gone over your head old boy! ;)

The idea that Junior grade dinosaurs lick Auchinleck and a handful of blazers are going to have 'the last laugh' in this power struggle - when half of their membership wants in the pyramid and many are already slinking out the door to the EoS League - is the best comedy contribution yet. 

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

To be fair, I was referring to another thread regarding the again bit, which I never commented on again. However, I am genuinely attempting to debate the pyramid because it looks like it will happen. It is difficult to do that when a collective of people on a Junior forum, in a thread about the future of Junior Football are actually hostile to the Juniors and, it seems, would be satisfied with the complete demise of the grade. Some have genuinly promoted the pyramid, on principle it is difficult to argue with. My issue is that we could be hurtling towards something that could be problematic for every club.  The attitude by some is so what and are not willing to listen. Some seem to be so consumed in hysteria that they won't concede that there are any issues, when there clearly are. If the Juniors join the pyramid, and it appear likely, they will be the biggest group of clubs in it, they will also have the biggest clubs, it would therefore appear that they could have a big say in the future. The arrousal by some on the prospective demise of the Juniors could indeed be premature. Interesting times, you never know it might all make for some juicy encounters in the future. 

I have always said that the pyramid would be much better with the junior teams participating as that would give us a unified non league system.

I think there is a lot of posters on this debate being hung up on the terms 'senior' & 'junior' as either implies a better grade of football.

Unification will certainly throw up many problems, but these are not insurmountable.

At the moment, as I understand it, apart from the scottish cup, the SJFA have an overseeing role in the juniors but the regions are effectively left to provide the nitty gritty work

What I would love to hear is how it is envisaged the role of the SJFA would be in this single structure ?

Is there in fact a role for the SJFA when the regions  could provide the support with the SFA providing the overseeing role ?

Our worst away attendances are when we have to travel to rob roy or shotts etc. This will only get worse if we have to travel to edinburgh or down by dumfries in the pyramid. I for one like the fact that at most we have just over an hour travelling to games due to work and my young family.

Cumnock are one of the sides who would be least affected by that - it's under 90 minutes to Castle Douglas, which is hardly any different to their trips to places like Kirkintilloch or Kilsyth.

Was just going to post this. My wife and her family are from Cumnock and we'd often stop off there on the way back home after watching The Pars down at Dumfries. It's like 45 minutes or something door to door. You can get to Edinburgh in about 90 minutes.

It will through time....

Like what happened when Cumnock were relegated and didn't have games against Talbot and Glenafton you mean? Or do you just want a closed shop of 16 teams within a half hour drive with no promotion or relegation at all? When the Pars went down to the Seaside League most fans treated going to the new different grounds as a wee bit of an adventure. New friends were made at places like Arbroath, Stranraer and Peterhead (Well, maybe not Peterhead...).

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:39, Burnie_man said:

What we have at the moment four senior non-leagues as "direct reports" to the SFA;

SFA - EoS

SFA - SoS

SFA - HL

SFA - LL

Are they really going to accept this

SFA - SJFA - WoS

SFA - SJFA - EoS MkII

SFA - SJFA - NoS?

24 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

At the moment, as I understand it, apart from the scottish cup, the SJFA have an overseeing role in the juniors but the regions are effectively left to provide the nitty gritty work

What I would love to hear is how it is envisaged the role of the SJFA would be in this single structure ?

Is there in fact a role for the SJFA when the regions  could provide the support with the SFA providing the overseeing role ?

The SJFA cannot join the Pyramid and remain an autonomous body within it.   The West Junior FA could, if morphed into the WoSFL, same with the North, unlikely in the East.  The SJFA as a body have no place, that's the SFA's job.

Bingo!!.....Is Pro Pyramid Gansta the same as Wanka?? Asking for a friend.....:bag............ between you and Hamish you must be getting through some amount of bed sheets with all these pyramid wet dreams that you`re having. You have now left the building so why are you persisting with your barrage of pyramidpish? I see you were catching farts on another thread about your move to Utopia and if things are so bad why the f**k do you care what happens, you`ve left. Be a good chap and let the door hit your arse on the way out..cheerio noooo...

Wow. This is some real puerile stuff. When presented with fact, reason and no little sense on matters relating to why clubs are deciding to move on from an increasingly archaic organisation, for the most part all presented in a respectful and coherent way, your ridiculous retorts as exemplified above do you no favours.

Isa is another poster who isn’t enamoured with the gathering momentum of clubs hoping to leave the Juniors behind but lays out her case in a manner which broadly respects who she is arguing with and that is how any proper exchange of opinions should go. You should try it yourself and leave behind the truly embarrassing nature of some of your previous rants.

I think what is going over everyone's head is that the Junior posters on here probably have no objection to being part of a pyramid in principle if done correctly not the dug meat of the current form, What is pissing most of us off is the sudden influx of posters who are seemingly taking great delight at predicting the demise of a grade that has been around for 140 years and being encouraged to do so by certain people 

Edited by santheman

8 minutes ago, santheman said:

I think what is going over everyone's head is that the Junior posters on here probably have no objection to being part of a pyramid in principle if done correctly not the dug meat of the current form, What is pissing most of us off is the sudden influx of posters who are seemingly taking great delight at predicting the demise of a grade that has been around for 140 years and being encouraged to do so by certain people 

The EoS and SoS aren't exactly great leagues either - they do offer more than the current junior set up - which has been allowed to slowly die.  

The SJFA  only moved because of clubs leaving.  Whilst I understand the EoS desire to build their own league - they should be careful to consider if it's quality or quantity they want.

My point is the worst crowds we both take and get are fron the teams that are furthest away. Thats not going to change just because the clubs are in the pyramid

Well that tends to happen everywhere m8.

53 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The SJFA cannot join the Pyramid and remain an autonomous body within it.   The West Junior FA could, if morphed into the WoSFL, same with the North, unlikely in the East.  The SJFA as a body have no place, that's the SFA's job.

All the SJFA does in concrete terms is run the junior cup and a semi-pro level national team. There are associations of senior clubs within the SFA to run things like the Fife Cup or Arberdeenshire Shield. It's not completely impossible that the SJFA could continue in a similar sort of way in other words, but somewhat unlikely unless there is a major revamp to how the junior cup operates given it is one of the major contributing factors to fixture backlogs and tier 5 and 6 leagues are expected to wrap up by April.

The SFL died and had been around for eons too, nobody’s wiping away the tears about that. I’m not even sure the juniors will ‘die’ there’s probably enough clubs there to keep it going. What there will be, however, is a mass exodus and probably a WOSFL. That, for some, is quite exciting.

31 minutes ago, santheman said:

I think what is going over everyone's head is that the Junior posters on here probably have no objection to being part of a pyramid in principle if done correctly not the dug meat of the current form,  

The survey suggests that the Junior officials at least are mostly interested in a pyramid that slots them in at an unrealistically high level - above and alongside already integrated divisions - and lets them keep all their own separate competitions and baubles as well . That's not going to happen and never will. So the 'dug meat' form that you're complaining about is quite possibly the best offer that Junior clubs are going to get; every season of huffing and foot-stomping about the injustice of it all will only put your clubs down yet another rank of the pyramid when you finally admit defeat and join.

Only a realistic understanding that the SJFA and its member clubs are powerless in this negotiation will lead to a solution that suits the majority of your clubs. 

15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The SFL died and had been around for eons too, nobody’s wiping away the tears about that. I’m not even sure the juniors will ‘die’ there’s probably enough clubs there to keep it going. What there will be, however, is a mass exodus and probably a WOSFL. That, for some, is quite exciting.

Don't disagree with any of that although I don't think there will be a MASS exodus as such but probably enough to set up  a league of some description if the SFA ever get their finger out although if it is set below the EOSL and SOSL which it probably will be then a lot of these clubs could face years trying to get through the WOSL into the SOSL and any possible play off scenario. Whether that would be a deal breaker for some clubs I don't know.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

All this bad weather and the West Region is still departing for Blackpool and Butlins this weekend.

What a backward lot ffs

Eh?

30 games scheduled in the West Region this weekend, maybe stay off the sauce as it'll stop you looking like a prize tit.

27 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Eh?

30 games scheduled in the West Region this weekend, maybe stay off the sauce as it'll stop you looking like a prize tit.

Getting his Easter and September weekends mixed up methinks.

Another dig right enough, they just can't seem to help themselves!

Edited by santheman