Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

26 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

You're wrong.

The SFA asked at the PWG meeting where this suggestion came from.

Nobody knew anything about it. 

Tell me,  what  is your capacity in all this?

48 minutes ago, kefc said:

In terms of transparency TJ should email all his member clubs the goings on at the PWG meeting held last week, emails were sent to keep them and most put their trust in the SJFA, communication has no doubt been lacking through the years going back to when the LL was setup but it is now vital all clubs are kept up to speed, theres too much at stake here.

This point exactly.

The day after the last SFA Board meeting, he had circulated an email with “kosher” info that the Juniors would join the Pyramid at “tier 6 minimum”

That “kosher” info turned out to be false as pointed out at the PWG last week, but he has still not communicated this to member clubs, some of whom still have options for next season on the table.

That’s not on.

It would also be useful for the SFA, as chair of the PWG, to issue an update so clubs are crystal clear of the current position and next steps, particularly in light of the temporary “embargo” on club licencing which now appears to be unnecessary – if it ever was.

25 minutes ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

This is the last comment I will make to you and will not reply to anything you post toward me.

Oh Jason.......please follow Sir Glenalot. He’s going to give you a private tour of the pit of red dot misery. Dilly Dilly!

5 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

But how do you know I'm wrong?

To be fair, there have been a number of separate accounts of what happened at the meeting and none that provide a contrary view. Whoever the original source was / sources were, the story emanating has been consistent.

Edited by cmontheloknow

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 23:56, Che Dail said:

It doesn't say the SFA proposed it...

And if you transpose "SFA" with "Stewart Regan" the whole thing  starts to unravel.

The options are what the SJFA tabled at the meeting - nobody in the LL, SoS or EoS support it. Now they are asking their Junior assoc members for comment.

It doesn't help that they've mixed up the Option A text with the Option B diagrams... but irrespective of those errors, neither arrangement is viable or realistic.

Timescales: Season 2019/20 it suggests.

@Isabel Goudie I called it in February after the guff survey and questionnaire was issued to clubs. 

10 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

@Isabel Goudie I called it in February after the guff survey and questionnaire was issued to clubs. 

The question I asked was what the SFA proposed, my understanding is that was different from SJFA proposal and is the proposal that has been rejected, apparently. So now we are getting the spin from the usual suspects that it is the SJFA's proposal. Now, do you know if the SFA never made such a proposal?

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, kefc said:

As far as I believe it was an off the record discussion by an outgoing Chief Exec, I don’t think the SFA Board knew anything about it.

"As far as you believe"Can I suggest that statement to be a tad vague. My  man, it was indeed much more than a off record discussion.

8 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

The question I asked was what the SFA proposed, my understanding is that was different from SJFA proposal and is the proposal that has been rejected, apparently. So now we are getting the spin from the usual suspects that it is the SJFA's proposal. Now, do you know if the SFA never made such a proposal?

The proposals were by the SJFA. The SFA allegedly had a 'preferred option' according to the SJFA's paper,  read it through again.

'Preferred Option' was subsequently SPUN into becoming an SFA 'Proposal'. But it wasn't.

It is not written down anywhere, there are no emails, no minutes of discussions and no evidence produced to date to verify this information.

Strung it along for three months in the hope that not everybody leaves.

The proposed pyramid options / proposals /  now are:

- Form  a West of Scotland league 

or

-Join the EoS or SoS

Just now, Che Dail said:

The proposals were by the SJFA. The SFA allegedly had a 'preferred option' according to the SJFA's paper,  read it through again.

'Preferred Option' was subsequently SPUN into becoming an SFA 'Proposal'. But it wasn't.

It is not written down anywhere, there are no emails, no minutes of discussions and no evidence produced to date to verify this information.

or

-Join the EoS or SoS

Interesting! So we have a Pyramid Working Group, what is the make up of this group?

18 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

or

-Join the EoS or SoS

There has been much talk of a totally new west of Scotland league for season 19/20. Is this an official proposal as yet or just talk ?

If such a league is constituted from scratch key question is how many teams from SJFA west or even amateur leagues join. Depending on superleague take up it may be an opportunity for lower league clubs in the West region to step up. Examples could be St.Rochs, Gartcairn and Rossvale.

30 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

"As far as you believe"Can I suggest that statement to be a tad vague. My  man, it was indeed much more than a off record discussion.

Im happy to be corrected as im not privy to the goings on but people do speak and there is a general theme that seems to be running right through this even from when the Lowland League was formed.

A complete lack of communication and information from the SJFA to its member clubs on the pyramid, some regular information from them you would think would stop posts like mine or the heresay.

Edited by kefc

2 hours ago, GLENAFTON93 said:

Thought most of your posts were pretty sensible, but now you've joined the rest and slagging off the Juniors, nobody set themselves aloof , the West Teams didn't think the SOS was a viable entry to the pyramid, that was their decision rightly or wrongly , you are now quite happy to accept teams from the Junior leagues so all is well with those teams, again the Big Cup comes up , the number of Junior teams that have taken part are few. Be assured some clubs are not sitting back thinking they are better, but your generalisation does you no favours.

I think you mean the LL here?

This has, sadly, turned into a “what you could have had” situation for Junior sides. Here’s the original proposals from the Working Group, from when the Lowland League was being formed:

Meeting Minutes

I found these after a fair bit of googling, and can’t verify the contents. However, if correct this shows the SJFA were originally offered the chance of putting both West and East Superleagues (or a combined league) alongside the EoS and SoS. The SJFA demanded a promotion opt-out at the time, however the group insisted that licensed sides would move up.

It certainly makes for some interesting reading, especially with the benefit of hindsight!

Edited by Born To Run

24 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

This has, sadly, turned into a “what you could have had” situation for Junior sides. Here’s the original proposals from the Working Group, from when the Lowland League was being formed:

Meeting Minutes

I found these after a fair bit of googling, and can’t verify the contents. However, if correct this shows the SJFA were originally offered the chance of putting both West and East Superleagues (or a combined league) alongside the EoS and SoS. The SJFA demanded a promotion opt-out at the time, however the group insisted that licensed sides would move up.

It certainly makes for some interesting reading, especially with the benefit of hindsight!

You have to wonder why information like this wasn’t distributed to all SJFA Member clubs.

Not much change, the SJFA want it their way in that will come over but they have an option to block the pyramid by deciding if teams want to go up and they keep their rules and their cups.

Reading that you would think that after the dismissal or paying lip service to the pyramid and the LL by the SJFA then the SFA made the decision to take away the perk of Junior clubs being able to get licenced and all that goes with it.

The very bottom paragraph is quite telling and very much of relevance on the state of play as it stands today it would seem.

Edited by kefc

12 minutes ago, kefc said:

You have to wonder why information like this wasn’t distributed to all SJFA Member clubs.

That sort of information was being plastered all over this subforum by a Haddington Athletic committee member at the time, so not sure it was ever in any way secret. Turning things around another way if tier 6 entry for the three junior superleagues was doable back then why would it not be now? Was it only ever on offer because there was a strong expectation that it would be knocked back?