Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

39 minutes ago, Marten said:

Some of the following tweets are hilarious: "We, as juniors, have a unique product unmatched imo". I'm still yet to find out what's so unique about junior football that can't be offered in another (senior) non-league competition...

Even better is when you look at the survey results to see both of their clubs - Arthurlie and Kilbirnie - said yes to the pyramid!

11 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Really? How big were the communities?

Yes really.

Having a local football club be a centre point of the community isn't in any way unique to the Juniors.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Some of the following tweets are hilarious: "We, as juniors, have a unique product unmatched imo". I'm still yet to find out what's so unique about junior football that can't be offered in another (senior) non-league competition...

The Junior Cup, obviously. Doh!

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

This is what I alluded to earlier. Trying to get the sfa to block applications.
I actually heard the threat was if you go you might not get in. And then we will not let you back in juniors.
No league for you feck off.
That came to me via a st Andrews source.

There is one pro-junior member of the committee who has been the voice of doom, claiming that once EOS hit 32 teams then applications will start to be declined. He also said that Dundonald weren't moving at last night's meeting despite the tweet they'd issued 3 hours earlier stating they were going. I don't know if he's your source.

Didn't Fauldhouse say that they were choosing between the EOS and West juniors? Staying in the East juniors wasn't an option.

There is one pro-junior member of the committee who has been the voice of doom, claiming that once EOS hit 32 teams then applications will start to be declined. He also said that Dundonald weren't moving at last night's meeting despite the tweet they'd issued 3 hours earlier stating they were going. I don't know if he's your source.

Didn't Fauldhouse say that they were choosing between the EOS and West juniors? Staying in the East juniors wasn't an option.

Yes this is the message also reverberating around tayport.

I still hope they will see sense and put in a late application and have a meeting later. Like linlithgow.

Just confirmed Tayport will not be applying to the eos.

1 hour ago, archieb said:

Well if there really ARE discussions going on behind the scenes in the West, I'm pretty sure they don't involve anybody from Pollok. If these secret talks are really happening I find it rather surprising that those involved haven't made any contact with such a big beast!

Your response suggests I said there was I was merely asking if there was anything going around the rumour mill.

Tayport Statement

http://www.tayportfc.org/item.php?pg=news&pd=1002&it=2471

Thursday 31st May 2018

League Future - Club Statement

With all the on-going speculation surrounding the future of the East Region JFA, we would like to keep supporters up to date with what's currently happening.

With regard to next season , we believe there are now 25 applicants from the East Region applying/leaving for the East of Scotland League.

We are not one of these clubs.

Today, 31st May, is the closing date for applications so unfortunately how the divisions etc will look for next season  is currently in limbo until who is staying or going is confirmed. There will be a further meeting arranged after this has been clarified following which we can update you further.

Kevin Hart, Secretary 

3 hours ago, HTG said:

I don't see how they can. They are in the east of the country and below the HL/LL boundary. They can't be knocked back just because they're inconvenient. They're in LL catchment. 

3 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

I think St Andrews are a near certainty to be accepted since they are in Fife, which is in traditional EoSFL country. Jeanfield will be interesting, can see EoSFL not being overly keen but think they will get in ultimately as EoSFL is their correct place in tier 6 atm.

Given the openness and ambition of the EoS so far, as seen in accepting an unlimited number of new members to form parallel divisions even after their own season has finished, I suspect they'll accept anybody south of Aberdeen, north of Newcastle and east of Canada.

The sacrifice they were willing to make in setting up the LL in the interests of the pyramid suggests they'll not knock anyone back without a bloody good reason.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Well that's a huge relief.

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Jeanfield an hour from Camelon and linlithgow with motorways etc might be lot of miles but doesn' take long. Dundee is 1 hour 20 roughly it' that bit further

It's the original EoS member who'll make the decision, and Dundee isn't much further for most of them than Perth.

16 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:

Tayport Statement

http://www.tayportfc.org/item.php?pg=news&pd=1002&it=2471

Thursday 31st May 2018

League Future - Club Statement

With all the on-going speculation surrounding the future of the East Region JFA, we would like to keep supporters up to date with what's currently happening.

With regard to next season , we believe there are now 25 applicants from the East Region applying/leaving for the East of Scotland League.

We are not one of these clubs.

Today, 31st May, is the closing date for applications so unfortunately how the divisions etc will look for next season  is currently in limbo until who is staying or going is confirmed. There will be a further meeting arranged after this has been clarified following which we can update you further.

Kevin Hart, Secretary 

25 ERJFA applicants + 12 EOS + 1LL + 1WRJFA + 1 Youth = 40   The magic 40!!!

Who is the additional club that we have not identified?

Edited by Pyramidic

1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:

Really? How big were the communities?

Khufu2, what does a community club mean to you? The reason I ask is that what I think a community club is may be vastly different to what you think it is.... 

The SFA, Sports Scotland and other bodies integral to football in this country have though, their official take on what a community club is, and this definition is what guides my view on a community club (in footballing terms), off the park, community engagement comes in many forms and as far as I can see lots of clubs at every level of the game actively attempt to engage their local community in their area. 

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Given the openness and ambition of the EoS so far, as seen in accepting an unlimited number of new members to form parallel divisions even after their own season has finished, I suspect they'll accept anybody south of Aberdeen, north of Newcastle and east of Canada.

Are you sure? I've heard the rumour that Truro City have applied. ;)

24 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

25 ERJFA applicants + 12 EOS + 1LL + 1WRJFA + 1 Youth = 40   The magic 40!!!

Who is the additional club that we have not identified?

Sauchie are believed to have applied, according to some Linlithgow Rose people. Either them or Kennoway Star Hearts?

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Latest list from FairWeatherFan:

image.png

There have been some recent rumblings about Lithgae, Sauchie and Oakley (Marten's post above seems to rule out Fauldhouse and Thornton for now) and given the way Arniston flew under the radar to make it onto last week's list of four there could still be some surprises.

If Lithgae, Sauchie and Oakley make 39 then perhaps Kennoway Star Hearts are No. 40 as suggested above.

1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:

If you're free, go to Cumnock on Saturday.

The uniqueness is the nature of the clubs and the kind of communities many of the top clubs represent . I'm not saying this will disappear if the West juniors join the pyramid - it won't. It might be a slightly dissipated though.  The uniqueness of, say, the current Ayrshire junior clubs will still exist even if they enter the pyramid.   It's not the grade that's unique it's the clubs. The writing is on the wall and the West juniors have a great opportunity to participate in the pyramid with the minimum amount of upheaval. They need to seize the opportunity.

......"uniqueness is the nature of the clubs....."

I don't disagree with your view about some junior clubs and communities being unique. What I would say though is that 'senior' EoSL football at places like Coldstream, Peebles, Eyemouth, Hawick (next season), plus Lowland League clubs like Vale of Leithen, Gala Fairydean Rovers,  Selkirk, Dalbeattie, etc are equally unique, and visits to their border and southern grounds are a very enjoyable experience. They undoubtedly represent their communities.

Is that now every Superleague side South of the Tay confirmed as applying other than Sauchie and Kennoway?  Sauchie rumoured to have applied too.  I thought Kennoway might have gone for it too as they don't have a long history in the juniors.

6 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

If Lithgae, Sauchie and Oakley make 39 then perhaps Kennoway Star Hearts are No. 40 as suggested above.

Thornton Hibs are the only other ones who are known to have called a members' meeting, which probably wasn't about the price of pies. Maybe Tayport are including them? Suspect there might be a couple of others flying below the radar at this point.

Thornton Hibs are the only other ones who are known to have called a members' meeting, which probably wasn't about the price of pies. Maybe Tayport are including them? Suspect there might be a couple of others flying below the radar at this point.
The meeting happened on Monday and only thing mentioned was the pies are staying at £1.20