Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

9 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Even the Highland League champions have to accept SPFL promotion if they win the play-offs. It's contractural.

It will be the same for clubs being relegated from the HFL,  IF tier 6  'feeder' leagues are established in the future.

I'm not disputing the theory, I'm saying there's nothing practical to it yet because it doesn't look like it has been discussed in any depth.

People are saying it'll be based on geography, but that could mean seniors joining the sjfa and accepting different rules. Or the juniors upset about accepting the likes of Edusport which might ruffle a few feathers.

So then if it's not geography then there's an element clubs could have a say Where's they go. Meaning they try to jump to a league that benefits themselves in some way over the pyramid.

3 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I'd imagine that the simple answer is that a relegated team would drop back into the league they left when promoted. If they wanted to change leagues, they would probably have to apply to join the relevant league and start from their lowest point.

I'm glad that BSC aren't in any danger....

I keep saying it but as things stand at the moment ANY team wishing to join the SJFA have to apply, pass a ground criteria test and be voted in by the clubs at an AGM.

So don't assume that any club relegated from the LL will automatically be accepted unless the rules are changed to accommodate movement within the pyramid..

Whether that is something the SJFA Management Committee can rubber stamp or whether it would have to be agreed by the clubs I don't know.

29 minutes ago, santheman said:

I keep saying it but as things stand at the moment ANY team wishing to join the SJFA have to apply, pass a ground criteria test and be voted in by the clubs at an AGM.

So don't assume that any club relegated from the LL will automatically be accepted unless the rules are changed to accommodate movement within the pyramid..

Whether that is something the SJFA Management Committee can rubber stamp or whether it would have to be agreed by the clubs I don't know.

This was brought up at the last West general meeting.

TJ said it's been agreed that if a team from the West is relegated from the LL they’d go into the top division.

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

TJ said it's been agreed that if a team from the West is relegated from the LL they’d go into the top division.

Makes sense.

Thanks for clarifying

14 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
15 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:
Is that really the case? They could apply to join the WRJFA but that's not the same as being relegated to it.
They'd have to start in the bottom teir and as things stand have no chance to get back to the LL even if they made it to the super league and won it.

If a team in the West gets relegated from the Lowland then they would go into the top league of the West juniors. All the leagues are supposed to be in the pyramid after all.

Its not been confirmed if the Juniors have sorted any access to the pyramid as yet unless you have some proof.  So relegation from the LL at the moment would be to the EOS or the SOS end off.

On 25/03/2019 at 13:26, superbigal said:

Talking about the bickering does anyone doubt it was Burnieman conducting the "sack the board" chanting in San Marino

The 3,000 travelling support booed McLeish and chanted "sack the board" at the Scottish Football Association.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47688391

I was in San Marino as well, pretty much everyone joined in with that tbh. ;)

Was it discussed whether the club coming down would have to join the SJFA or not?

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
21 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Was it discussed whether the club coming down would have to join the SJFA or not?

I'm pretty sure some LL teams (Cumbernauld colts, BSC etc) have never been in the EOS.  No reason EOS would refuse them or force them to apply is there ?

Edited by superbigal

On 23/03/2019 at 10:20, FairWeatherFan said:

If that's the case then why didn't they propose it? The proposal is meant to be one promotion place contested amongst the EoS, SoS, West Premiership and East Super League champions in a play-off.

If they are willing to railroad that now with the EoS and LL supposedly against it, why haven't they thrown in the extra relegation spot from the Lowland League?

If the SFA are going to railroad this through (if they can), they should do that with more relegation from the LL as well indeed. If there are 4 feeder leagues into the LL, there should be 2 promotion spots (like winner of ERJFA v EOS & winner WRJFA v SOS) and possibly a play-off for the 3rd bottom LL team as well, that seems reasonable enough to me. Either you push a number of changes through at once to get everyone in, or just don't bother at all.

But the SFA should then go further as well and follow the example in England between the Southern & Isthmian league by making them change towards their own (non-overlapping) geographical areas. 

49 minutes ago, santheman said:

Well the clubs voted to become part of the pyramid so as part of that deal any club relegated from the LL should automatically be accepted by the SJFA, especially as there would be no problems with their ground as they'd already have a licence.

Unless the WRJFA can just accept for example Dalbeattie into the West Premiership without them becoming an SJFA member?

I'm pretty sure some LL teams (Cumbernauld colts, BSC etc) have never been in the EOS.  No reason EOS would refuse them or force them to apply is there ?
Cumbernauld, BSC & East Stirling aren't in membership of either the EOS or SOS as it stands. If Albion Rovers come down from SPFL2 they'd be another. Berwick Rangers if they come down are long time EOS members.

30 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

TJ is correct. That is generally how football pyramids work. 

However clubs can apply for additional demotion if they wish to do so.

9 minutes ago, Marten said:

If the SFA are going to railroad this through (if they can), they should do that with more relegation from the LL as well indeed. If there are 4 feeder leagues into the LL, there should be 2 promotion spots (like winner of ERJFA v EOS & winner WRJFA v SOS) and possibly a play-off for the 3rd bottom LL team as well, that seems reasonable enough to me. Either you push a number of changes through at once to get everyone in, or just don't bother at all.

But the SFA should then go further as well and follow the example in England between the Southern & Isthmian league by making them change towards their own (non-overlapping) geographical areas. 

Correct, except, this not only applies to the English Southern & Isthmian Leagues. The FA controls ALLpyramid (re)allocations, Clubs have appeal rights if they don't agree with the SFA's decision. Some they win and some they lose.

The SFA must sort this out, so that there is no ambiguity about the rules in Scotland.

8 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Correct, except, this not only applies to the English Southern & Isthmian Leagues. The FA controls ALLpyramid (re)allocations, Clubs have appeal rights if they don't agree with the SFA's decision. Some they win and some they lose.

The SFA must sort this out, so that there is no ambiguity about the rules in Scotland.

I know the FA control all pyramid (re)allocations, I just used this example as this was the only main geographical overlap at the start of the pyramid anywhere in the top 4 steps. I agree that the SFA would have to do it in a similar way. ERJFA could in such a way eventually become the feeder for Tayside, Perthshire & Fife with the EOS covering the Borders, Lothians & Edinburgh for example.

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Was this said in a way that it would encompass any West of Scotland teams or as a reassurance to just the west juniors in attendance?