Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

So it drags on for another year it seems. Nobody objects to west entering as a whole, yet it's not happening due to the intransigence of TJ. 

This attitude is exactly why the east juniors have no future - clubs got fedup waiting. All that's going to happen now is Fauldhouse or some other West Lothian team is going to jump to the EoS, and the east juniors will be finished. Looks like that is what it's going to take for the west to finally enter the pyramid.

Now that Glenrothes have moved - having played Kirkcaldy YM last night for the final time as a Junior club, with no games left against Thornton and have one final game against Kennoway - maybe it'll be a Fife team decides they want to be the next one to go senior, to retain local rivalries?

Edited by Ginaro

33 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I have heard a slight variance of something that Petrie stated at the EOS meeting.

Whether  in or out at tier 6 next season the SFA would  now administer discipline from next season for the Juniors.  This will operate on a parallel level to the EOS premier for the season, and be audited by Mr Maxwells team for compliance.  The resource is now in place to do this.

Then the main variance I heard was that the Maxwell team will decide if there is to be a play off to the LL from the tier 6 Leagues and including the juniors.

So in summary although they may not be officially tier 6 next season if a licensed junior team actually won the East (As long as there is 1 league) or West Superleague, they may still be considered for the play-off.  Geography will not stop progression to league of choice (In theory Lochee if licensed to LL)

Bizarre or what.

Again do not shoot the messenger :angel

Perhaps the posters that were there could comment. 

That was said last week on here after the meeting.

I have heard a slight variance of something that Petrie stated at the EOS meeting.
Whether  in or out at tier 6 next season the SFA would  now administer discipline from next season for the Juniors.  This will operate on a parallel level to the EOS premier for the season, and be audited by Mr Maxwells team for compliance.  The resource is now in place to do this.
Then the main variance I heard was that the Maxwell team will decide if there is to be a play off to the LL from the tier 6 Leagues and including the juniors.

So in summary although they may not be officially tier 6 next season if a licensed junior team actually won the East (As long as there is 1 league) or West Superleague, they may still be considered for the play-off.  Geography will not stop progression to league of choice (In theory Lochee if licensed to LL)
Bizarre or what.

I do know that that certain East Junior clubs have requested an urgent meeting as the SFA problem with the Super League Split was 100% news to them.
I believe those clubs would be delighted to keep the status quo as it currently is.
Rightly so in my opinion (If amalgamation with EOS is not possible).   Fauldhouse with only 2 games still to play including Lochee, can easily get  relegated to the Premier League south to keep themselves happy. 

That was covered in the notes everyone provided about the meeting.

There was a suggestion by RP that the juniors could still participate in the LL playoff from outwith the pyramid itself if the Lowland League agreed to change the playoff rules and gain agreement from those they need to do that, is rules state that the playoff can contain 2, 3 or 4 teams of Ian Maxwell's choosing.

The suggestion was, quite rightly, laughed out of the room. Having a system where structure and sporting merit are irrelevant, letting the SFA CE choose whatever teams he fancied, essentially?

That's even dumber than the first idea which was rejected 54-0.

The LL also confirmed, as they had been asked to change the rules by 31/12, that you finish a season with the rules you start, so the 31/12 deadline meant it couldn't happen next season even in the hugely unlikely event that everyone did agree to that batshit crazy idea.

Can someone clarify the SFA position re:discipline. Is the plan for SFA to cover tier 6 junior leagues then sjfa lower tiers or will SFA be handling discipline for all 'juniors' leagues ie tier 6 plus lower tiers. I've heard rumours/reports of both.

Can someone clarify the SFA position re:discipline. Is the plan for SFA to cover tier 6 junior leagues then sjfa lower tiers or will SFA be handling discipline for all 'juniors' leagues ie tier 6 plus lower tiers. I've heard rumours/reports of both.
It wasn't clear from what was said at the meeting. I've spoken to a few others who were there and on that point we all had different interpretations.

In fairness, it wasn't a key point so wasn't really discussed at all, other then the initial statement from RP.

4 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

The SFA will only look after discipline at tier 6 eventually. All other junior leagues will be done by SJFA

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Bizarre or what.

I do know that that certain East Junior clubs have requested an urgent meeting as the SFA problem with the Super League Split was 100% news to them.

I believe those clubs would be delighted to keep the status quo as it currently is.

Rightly so in my opinion (If amalgamation with EOS is not possible).   Fauldhouse with only 2 games still to play including Lochee, can easily get  relegated to the Premier League south to keep themselves happy. 

Maxwell sent out an email saying no change for next season but you are right about discipline 

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Petrie said that all tier 6 leagues would have their discipline dealt with by the SFA.

He was questioned specifically about cup ties involving junior sides and confirmed that all cup ties in the juniors which involved a tier 6 side would come under SFA jurisdiction.

However that only happens if the juniors are in at tier 6.

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

So last 2 posts. camelon say juniors will be under SFA discipline. St Andrew's says not. Mmmmm

As I have said I have heard yes in parallel with eos.

St Andrews actually says the SFA will handle discipline for the prospective Tier 6 leagues. Aka the Super Leagues. It's considered a trial year to see how the situation works.

As for in the pyramid or not. It depends on what you consider that to be? The Junior leagues aren't in the Lowland League play-off as that remains the SoS v. EoS Champion. But will the Juniors have access to licensing no one has said yes or no on that front.

29 minutes ago, superbigal said:

So last 2 posts. camelon say juniors will be under SFA discipline. St Andrew's says not. Mmmmm

Yes juniors top league is to be same discipline stop twisting things. You wonder why we call you a junior. They aren't going to be in the pyramid but their top leagues discipline will be treated as if it is. The west region championship for example will be dealt with by sjfa 

Prospective Tier 6 leagues will still be done by SJFA next season, but will mirror the JPP, and be audited by the SFA  in preparation for these leagues joining the Pyramid the following season, when they will fall under the JPP.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Whit!?!

Not only did I say that the juniors discipline WOULD be covered by the SFA but I went further and confirmed that cup ties would be included.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Would the SFA only looking after discipline for the super leagues allow them to say they're the only junior leagues in the SFA Pyramid. Which minimises the number of clubs applying for licenses at any one time.

As well as licensing,  there are a few other unanswered questions regarding the entry of the West Juniors, next year or so thereafter. In particular :

* can a West junior club which wins the Superleague (if licensed), refuse promotion to the Lowland League ? 

* if an existing Lowland club (eg Cumberland Colts, BSG, or even Edusport -if they relocate within the West, as is their aim apparently ) is relegated in the future, could the West Juniors refuse to accept them into their Superleague ?

* when they are in the pyramid, can West clubs  be Members of both the SFA and the SJFA (as Girvan FC is at present) ?  Doesn't  getting an SFA licence, go hand in hand with becoming an SFA Member club ? 

Not sure whether there will be a rush of West Juniors  obtaining  an SFA licence, now that floodlights are required for an Entry Licence. 

Petrie said that all tier 6 leagues would have their discipline dealt with by the SFA.
He was questioned specifically about cup ties involving junior sides and confirmed that all cup ties in the juniors which involved a tier 6 side would come under SFA jurisdiction.
However that only happens if the juniors are in at tier 6.
I misread it. Apologies.
I read the whole statement as dependant on tier 6.
You meant the cup ties only.

5 minutes ago, Robert James said:

As well as licensing,  there are a few other unanswered questions regarding the entry of the West Juniors, next year or so thereafter. In particular :

* can a West junior club which wins the Superleague (if licensed), refuse promotion to the Lowland League ? 

* if an existing Lowland club (eg Cumberland Colts, BSG, or even Edusport -if they relocate within the West, as is their aim apparently ) is relegated in the future, could the West Juniors refuse to accept them into their Superleague ?

* when they are in the pyramid, can West clubs  be Members of both the SFA and the SJFA (as Girvan FC is at present) ?  Doesn't  getting an SFA licence, go hand in hand with becoming an SFA Member club ? 

Not sure whether there will be a rush of West Juniors  obtaining  an SFA licence, now that floodlights are required for an Entry Licence. 

Not next year anyway as there is no change for next yr