Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Every team that applies will likely release a statement so teams will know how many teams in the league. If 30 have declared an interest then will get 16 teams quite easily.

I’d be stunned if there aren’t a minimum of 16Β applicants. More likely to see two conferences.

The thing with this West Region move is that the SFA can simply turn round and say β€œyou had your chance, we’re proceeding on the WoSFL path” and leave them back at square one.Β Depends on whether any official comment is made from them I guess.

Edited by Born To Run

I wonder how the Kilbirnie meeting is getting on and if they are getting the full details of the WRSJFA proposals from their Management Committee member?

The likes of Kilbirnie may not now apply even although majority of support could be behind joining new West of Scotland League as they will be getting fed potentially inaccurate information that full West Region will join and to be patient etc. Will keep Junior Cup etc as the carrot to older generation of fans too so now they then don't apply to West of Scotland League. Hardly fair on any supporters who get fed any inaccurate information from committee they trust and know. Definitely needs clarified to all clubs and supporters that West Region 100% cant join en masse to pyramid or can they?Β That clubs have to apply to join the new West of Scotland pyramid or they won't be in at all.

Β 

Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, Shannon said:
12 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:
I wonder how the Kilbirnie meeting is getting on and if they are getting the full details of the WRSJFA proposals from their Management Committee member?

The likes of Kilbirnie may not now apply even although majority of support could be behind joining new West of Scotland League as they will be getting fed information that full West Region will join and to be patient etc. Will keep Junior Cup etc as the carrot to fans too.

Kilbirnie fans aren't stupid (they just have that look about them). They're going to want to see evidence that this Juniors run West League will have access to the Pyramid. They're not going to accept "talks are ongoing" pish any more than any than any other club will.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Is it? I refer you to my previous comments about fooling people.

Β 

"If that's what clubs want"Β  do they? when were they consulted about all of this?Β  You do realise that without the LL, EoS and SoS approval, no other league can be admitted to the play-off for the LL.

There is now approaching 40 clubs who have submitted a note of interest to the new WoSFL (not just Junior, and no reserves), there will be a meeting of clubs probably end of next week or early following week. Formal applications will then open.

If any of it doesn't sit well, then a club has the right to remain Junior, nobody is forcing them to do anything, but the feedback so far of those intested has been clubs want a change, they want away from the SJFA.

Remember it was only a few weeks ago that TJ told PWG that none of his member clubs would be interested in a WoS. Who do you choose to believe?

So, the 40+ clubs that have expressed an interest in joining a new WoSL should all attend this meeting. It doesn't commit them to joining this proposed league. They can ask any questions they wish. Not to attend, would leave them in limbo. On Monday, I would suggest that the LL/SFA publish the date and venue of the meeting.

Having heard the answers, these clubs decide to join, or not to join, the pyramid in the West.

In the meantime, the SJFA/WRJFA can progress legal action, if they wish to do so. I would be surprised if they take this action.

The SFA can issue a formal reply to the SJFA if it wishes, but otherwise, it is up to the clubs to apply, or not apply.Β  Hence the importance of the LL/SFA briefing meeting.

Β 

am i understanding this?

the sjfa are proposing a new league in the west which will have less teams and not affiliated to the pyramid? so in fact will be worse offΒ  with just a different name!

also threatening legal action when teams are leaving on their own accord?

6 minutes ago, btw lads said:

am i understanding this?

the sjfa are proposing a new league in the west which will have less teams and not affiliated to the pyramid? so in fact will be worse offΒ  with just a different name!

West regionΒ 

50 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Yip we got plenty details plenty information regarding shenanigans of last two years.Β 

Will be sending a letter of interest in the new set up.

Β 

1 minute ago, clash city rocker said:

Yip we got plenty details plenty information regarding shenanigans of last two years.Β 

Will be sending a letter of interest in the new set up.

The new set up? Just so there is no misunderstanding - this is the LL/EoSL run WoSL and not the shambles the West Region conjured up this morning?

12 minutes ago, btw lads said:

am i understanding this?

Β 

1 minute ago, TheDemon said:

We (Heston) will be going along to the sit down in March to discuss WoSL.Β  Previous clubs mentioned in my previous post are all still interested in joining from the South.Β 

We will also be aiming to sort our license for 21/22 season.Β Β 

Β 

Good to hear on the license front. Heston Rovers usually get asked about because of the use of Palmerston Park. That should cover some of the big financial costs that are usually having to be invested in.

5 minutes ago, TheDemon said:

We (Heston) will be going along to the sit down in March to discuss WoSL.Β  Previous clubs mentioned in my previous post are all still interested in joining from the South.Β 

We will also be aiming to sort our license for 21/22 season.Β 

On 18/02/2020 at 00:01, TheDemon said:

So from what i'm hearing, we have at least 5 South of Scotland teams interested; Bonnyton, Threave, Newton, SaintsΒ and Mids.Β 

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Good to hear on the license front. Heston Rovers usually get asked about because of the use of Palmerston Park. That should cover some of the big financial costs that are usually having to be invested in.

We could have tried earlier but had to look at more thanΒ PP as a home.Β  Exciting times ahead.Β Β 

Good to see Bonnyton getting the jump on us all eh, haha.Β 

Just now, TheDemon said:

We could have tried earlier but had to look at more thanΒ PP as a home.Β  Exciting times ahead.Β Β 

Good to see Bonnyton getting the jump on us all eh, haha.Β 

That's certainly understandable. Think most clubs would like to have a ground they could consider their home. Hopefully get licensed could lead to it one day.