Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

33 minutes ago, surely not! said:

That’s not even the plan. The west super league getting in and being part of the pyramid is the plan. The rest remain junior.

The winner takes part in the play off system for the LL, the bottom 2/3 return to the juniors and are no longer SFA member clubs.

In an extreme example, Albion rovers are relegated to LL. then relegated to tier 6 west super league then get relegated again. They then have to resign from SFA membership to become a Junior team so they can enter the West region premiership.

Might be able to have dual membership.

44 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

So why is it a problem now?
Answer - Because we want to destroy the Juniors.
Why?
Answer - Because we just found out that we don't like them.
Why don't you like them?
Answer - Because we've been told not to like them.

Sounds like flailing about and trying to land the blame anywhere other than where it actually lies.

The truth is the SJFA started off with an strong hand, but a combination of massively overplaying it , arrogance and self-preservation has got us where we are now.

Those who history will show destroyed the Juniors are closer to home than some would choose to admit.

Just now, Beenzon-Toste said:

Aye, what Super League are you referring to?
There's none in the WRSJFA.

Trying to be smart doesn't suit you.  Tier 6 in Pyramid but the rest remain Junior, with discipline and fixtures run by WRJFA, yes? player fines?

Where do non-WRJFA clubs go who want access to the Pyramid in the West under your plan?

So why is it a problem now?
Answer - Because we want to destroy the Juniors.
Why?
Answer - Because we just found out that we don't like them.
Why don't you like them?
Answer - Because we've been told not to like them.

1. Why is it going to destroy the Juniors? This plan would arguably do more to destroy the precious grade given that all that would be left in the Junior game would be a few clubs in the North and East.

2. I don't dislike the Juniors, and I used to go and watch Kelty when they played in the old Fife Junior League. I would like the best Junior teams to join the pyramid, while letting those who don't want to get involved stay outwith. What I don't like is people making up stuff, people trying to confuse and obfuscate and people looking after their own interests rather than that of their club and the game in general.

3. Now you're just being stupid.

37 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Current expressions of interest sits closer to 40. With all but one of super league included - obviously no commitment to join league but due diligence from almost all committees of top division clubs

Wonder who the flat earthers are? 🙄

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Wonder who the flat earthers are? 🙄

You never know how much you're hearing is genuine, but going by what I've heard so far, some you'd expect along with a couple I'm slightly surprised at.

Conversely, there seem to be some you'd never have thought in a million years would be up for it who it turns out are...obviously plenty of time for both sides of the argument to change their minds.

Trying to be smart doesn't suit you.  Tier 6 in Pyramid but the rest remain Junior, with discipline and fixtures run by WRJFA, yes? player fines?
Where do non-WRJFA clubs go who want access to the Pyramid in the West under your plan?
I have no idea how it will all pan out, unlike you, I am not being fed information. The only thing I see is that a few months ago everyone was desperate for the WRSJFA to come onboard. Now we're being treated like a paedo ring at a school outing.

The South of Scotland League along with Elgin have a agreed to form the "Continuity West of Scotland League" and may be taking legal action against the West of Scotland Senior League and the West of Scotland Junior (or maybe Senior, can't makeup up their minds) League to prevent them from feeding into the Lowland League.

I have no idea how it will all pan out, unlike you, I am not being fed information. The only thing I see is that a few months ago everyone was desperate for the WRSJFA to come onboard. Now we're being treated like a paedo ring at a school outing.

It's obvious who you are, so you should know what you're own plan is. You're a bull in a china shop with it but light on detail.

Is it a case of not wanting to confirm the plan in order to continue the uncertainty?

Paedo, really?

25 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
29 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:
That's about it aye.  134 years of the Sjfa must be preserved. Reinstatement might go though.

Was opinion among attendees split or were the vast majority in favour of the WOSL?

Would say they were still confused. When the man in the chair is pro SjFA the debate tends to be kinda one sided. There is no doubt the club want to join a pyramid of some sort that was agreed .

I admit I wanted the whole West Region to move en bloc to the pyramid (but to become Senior by doing so), however the time to agree that was when Johnston & McQueen were negotiating on their behalf. Those negotiations failed, that bridge was burned and an alternate plan was set in motion. For the West Region to suddenly shout "stop the bus!" well, it's a bit eh... late?

number of expressions at end of play yesterday was between 35-40. At least four from none WRJFA teams.

15/16 top division clubs have expressed. As noted a few messages back, the flat earther from that league is very obvious.

There will be at least one currently licensed club who will be in the wosfl, meaning it can’t obviously just transport the west region in en masse in its current league set up- even if they all applied at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Outright rejecting that option and trying instead to force the east to have parallel feeders would not have endeared them to the EoS. Clubs were being told at the west region general meeting that the LL and SPFL were supportive of a split LL but that soon turned out to be way off base. At some point bridges get burned and credibility is lost.